Odyssey Putters 2012

Keep coming back to the protos in my head. Great feel like the Cleveland Classics but more refined if that makes any sense. I'd bite @ $175-190 if I found "the one."

CB I have been going back and forth with what I want. Tried the #7 and was just not blown away. Struggled with the #9 a little last time out. I need a nice shootout to make my mind up

Funny you say that CL. For me the other day the #9 blew everything out of the water. I thought I wanted the #7 but a mid mallet #9 just fits my eye.

If I'm allowed I will be ordering a 35" metal-x #9 and will be dropping putts all over the place.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm hearing a lot about the metal x but I have never been an insert person, I am anxious to try them out. So far I'm loving the Protype #7, it is marvelous and I can't wait to find out what our options are.

I'm hearing a lot about the metal x but I have never been an insert person, I am anxious to try them out. So far I'm loving the Protype #7, it is marvelous and I can't wait to find out what our options are.

I have no preference but do seem to like inserts.

Ummmm yes please I think.

Looks like JB Holmes is using a Metal-X #7 which is my future gamer

Saw that too. Wonder what the hold up is getting these to retail

I rolled the ProType #7 again yesterday and fell in love all over again with it. I'm dying to get my hands on one to take out for a round...

I rolled the ProType #7 again yesterday and fell in love all over again with it. I'm dying to get my hands on one to take out for a round...
I find it weird that the Protype Tour #7 is not the same shape as the other #7 mallets. Anyway, I have finally accepted that I putt much better with Mallets than blades and that is what I will be playing from now on.
I'm 100% gaming the Metal-X #7 for the Morgan Cup.

Funny you say that CL. For me the other day the #9 blew everything out of the water. I thought I wanted the #7 but a mid mallet #9 just fits my eye.

If I'm allowed I will be ordering a 35" metal-x #9 and will be dropping putts all over the place.

So what changed you mind back to the #7?

Has anyone even seen the Metal-X putters yet? They didnt have them in GG last time I was there.

So what changed you mind back to the #7?

On real grass and on the course, Mallet putters just work better for me. Blades and mid mallets wont see my bag again.

Has anyone even seen the Metal-X putters yet? They didnt have them in GG last time I was there.
I don't think they're out yet are they?

On real grass and on the course, Mallet putters just work better for me. Blades and mid mallets wont see my bag again.

I don't think they're out yet are they?

I guess not. Wtc is taking so long.

Okay so I went to Golfsmith today at lunch and they pulled the whole MetalX line out of the back room for me, as well as the new "flip face" putter

I rolled several of the Metal X putters and I liked them, but just not as much as the milled ProType putters. I have also decided to go back to more of a blade putter instead of the mallet style that I have been using.

So if allowed for the Morgan Cup, my putter will be the Protype #2...it's sleek, sexxy and rolls so smooth!

I saw the Metal X putters, but, I am happy with what I got (Ping Redwood Anser). The ProType putters were very nice.

Going after work to check out the Metal X. Golfsmith better have them out!!

Rolled the metal x rossie and the dart version. Nice feel to them but hard to nail down how to describe it. Maybe not as soft as the white ice but still softer then milled. I couldn't miss with the Dart though.

Rolled the metal x rossie and the dart version. Nice feel to them but hard to nail down how to describe it. Maybe not as soft as the white ice but still softer then milled. I couldn't miss with the Dart though.
Interesting thoughts Kmac, that sounds right up my alley. I've always found the white Ice a little soft, and I'm not a huge milled putter fan so this sounds like a winner to me.

Tmex, what did you find today? I'm really interested on your thoughts about the Metal-X inserts and the #7 for sure as that is on my mind.

Interesting thoughts Kmac, that sounds right up my alley. I've always found the white Ice a little soft, and I'm not a huge milled putter fan so this sounds like a winner to me.

Tmex, what did you find today? I'm really interested on your thoughts about the Metal-X inserts and the #7 for sure as that is on my mind.

I liked the feel just hard to describe it. I wanted to roll a #7 too but the only one they had was a belly version. I dont touch those kind. That dart was deadly though. I think you'll like these whichever one you go with.

I liked the feel just hard to describe it. I wanted to roll a #7 too but the only one they had was a belly version. I dont touch those kind. That dart was deadly though. I think you'll like these whichever one you go with.
Man now you have me thinking I might want to go DART. I know I will be going with a mallet, so it really comes down to whether or not I want to go DART or #7.

Man now you have me thinking I might want to go DART. I know I will be going with a mallet, so it really comes down to whether or not I want to go DART or #7.

The DART has a pretty good track record at Morgan Cups dude. I swear to you, the whole DART system made me a better putter.

Back