Georgia Golf Get Together

Georgia Golf Get Together

• KellyBo in Georgia

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Tiger Woods in Dubai

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DawgDaddy and I are playing golf in the morning at the Goat Patch around 09:30 a.m. Anyone wanting to join us, you are more than welcome. Our course is going through a major overall now. Crews are working hard putting new sprinkler systems in and laying turf so keep that in mine. We may have to work around some of this construction. Today they had number nine closed as they were installing new sprinkler heads.

I'm playing with a group up in Tennessee tomorrow or I would be there. I gotta see the goat track before it is nothing more than a fond memory.

I'm thinking this is just a ploy on your part to get more cookies...

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinkin' I like the way he thinks...

I'm thinking this is just a ploy on your part to get more cookies...

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yur on to me LOL

I'm thinkin' I like the way he thinks...

we both like cookies !

we've both had Toyna's ! Awesome huh !

I've had MaryC's and they are AWESOME TOO !!!

yup, bake off is required FOR SURE :)

the course is coming along great. I really look forward to playing there one day

Calloway Brothers coming to the Goat Track

Calloway Brothers coming to the Goat Track

the course is coming along great. I really look forward to playing there one day

I look forward to the day you can make it down good buddy and bring that brother of yours :thumb:

Any info on the 2012 get together?

Any info on the 2012 get together?
MaryC will be getting out the info sometime in the near future I would think, it is held in mid October in the north Georgia mountians. When do you think you will be in Georgia? I know you said you would be in the Atlanta area some this year.

MaryC will be getting out the info sometime in the near future I would think, it is held in mid October in the north Georgia mountians. When do you think you will be in Georgia? I know you said you would be in the Atlanta area some this year.

I can be pretty flexible and get out there pretty anytime in October. How far away from Atlanta would you be thinking?

Third weekend in October is the date guys so we are looking forward to another great year! Location is still pending on what type of deal Mary can work for us. I know we can get an awesome deal in Blairsville. There is a Holiday Inn that backs up to Butternut Creek and close to restaurants, grocery stores, etc. Cabin deals are great for those who want to cut cost and enjoy the tons of fun that come with the cabins. Old Union Golf course has a super large practice range, putting greens, chipping greens and the whole ten yards and is a great track.

It would be even better if we could get the THP Tour Van, to make an appearance :blob:

A recipe for your Georgia get together (or any other time). I pulled it from the Perfect Spice Facebook page.

"Am I the only person who hasn't heard of "cooler corn"?
As an obsessive food nerd, you'd expect that I would have at least heard of it, but over the weekend I was blind-sided by the simple genius of this method for cooking loads of corn on the cob perfectly.

I was hepped to it while visiting my family. Short story: We like corn on the cob. And with eight adults at the table, that means a couple of dozen ears. We would have used the lobster pot to cook them all, but the lobster pot was busy steaming lobster. "Let's do cooler corn!" Before I can ask "what the hell is cooler corn?" a Coleman cooler appears from the garage, is wiped clean, then filled with the shucked ears. Next, two kettles-full of boiling water are poured over the corn and the top closed.

Then nothing. When we sat down to dinner 30 minutes later and opened it, the corn was perfectly cooked. My mind was blown. And I'm told that the corn will remain at the perfect level of doneness for a couple of hours."

Enjoy y'all!

Hmmmmm..... That's not too far from me...

Tappin' on my Thunderbolt

It would be even better if we could get the THP Tour Van, to make an appearance :blob:

OG, we will already be in GA in September, we will not be going back in October of course. WIth the cost associated to make appearances, going back twice is just not available. I dont think people realize that each one of these Tour Van trips costs over $1000 in gas alone.

OG, we will already be in GA in September, we will not be going back in October of course. WIth the cost associated to make appearances, going back twice is just not available. I dont think people realize that each one of these Tour Van trips costs over $1000 in gas alone.

Understood completely and wow that is a huge expense! I have no doubt that there will be plenty of us showing up in September, to make the Atlanta stop a huge success.

OG, we will already be in GA in September.

Is there a set date for a Georgia (Atlanta?) gathering? I'm probably going to have to miss the October Georgia outing (trying to run my first marathon the following weekend), but I would block off a weekend in September if there is going to be another THP outing then.

I can be pretty flexible and get out there pretty anytime in October. How far away from Atlanta would you be thinking?

Ripper. I hope you are able to make it.

Is there a set date for a Georgia (Atlanta?) gathering? I'm probably going to have to miss the October Georgia outing (trying to run my first marathon the following weekend), but I would block off a weekend in September if there is going to be another THP outing then.

Shortly after the TX event, we will announce the next trips.

I've heard bad things about cooler corn. Specifically about how the cooler plastic reacts to boiling water.

I only have one weekend tied up in Sept, I hope it is any of the others. Fingers crossed.

Excellent. I hope I can make it. I'm still kicking myself for missing the THP van during the Spring outing.

Anyone interested in a "mini" Georgia gathering the weekend of June 22 (likely that Saturday, June 23)? To the extent that I can I'd be willing to help set it up.

Will be playing at the infamous Goat Track sometime next week with Ole Gray and Kelly. Should be very fun. I'm really excited.

Lefty78, DawgDaddy, KellyBo & myself will be teeing it up at the Goat Track today at 09:00 a.m. It will be Lefty's first shot at our local track so we are looking forward to some fun and fellowship today! I hope the Goat Track takes it easy on Lefty today :bulgy-eyes:.

Enjoy the round and it sounds like fun. Hey Lefty keep you hand on your wallet they know every blade of grass on that course.

TapAhoy!

Lefty78, DawgDaddy, KellyBo & myself will be teeing it up at the Goat Track today at 09:00 a.m. It will be Lefty's first shot at our local track so we are looking forward to some fun and fellowship today! I hope the Goat Track takes it easy on Lefty today :bulgy-eyes:.

I am looking forward to seeing my friends today and teeing it up. OG, I have a feeling that Lefty will be fine on the Goat Track, he has some serious game.

Back