Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pondering a reshaft of my new putter. I got the Odyssey Black Series #8, and it's 35", but I want it shorter. I also think it would be EPIC if I got a black shaft put in with a nice white grip on it. That'd be fun. Hmmm.

Which one is the #8? That the little skinny blade?

I'm pondering a reshaft of my new putter. I got the Odyssey Black Series #8, and it's 35", but I want it shorter. I also think it would be EPIC if I got a black shaft put in with a nice white grip on it. That'd be fun. Hmmm.

You could have the shaft cut down and then use Vibrant to coat the shaft in black.

I went to our local demo day over the weekend and tried the Cobra Amp, Nike VRS, Cleveland Black, Wilson Superlight DX-I, and the Callaway Razr X drivers. The Cobra Amp Driver was the driver I got the least out of, followed by the Callaway. Nike, Cleveland, and Wilson were very similar in the performance I was seeing out of them. I liked the ball flight on the Cleveland and Wilson better then the Nike but even with the lower ball flight of the Nike I was getting similar distance. They had me on the launch monitor with Nike and I was averaging a swing speed of 76mph with an average ball speed of 104 and an average distance of 178. I think I walked away more confused then ever. When I went to the demo day I thought it would be Nike or Cobra not Nike, Cleveland or Wilson. ddec's wallet won't be getting any lighter to soon.

I wouldn't have let you leave demo day without whatever you wanted :call-me:

Which one is the #8? That the little skinny blade?

Yep. I like it a lot so far.

You could have the shaft cut down and then use Vibrant to coat the shaft in black.

I was thinking about that. But I may just spray paint it with a matte black paint. I wonder how that would work out? It would certainly be cheaper.

I was thinking about that. But I may just spray paint it with a matte black paint. I wonder how that would work out? It would certainly be cheaper.

If you spray paint it, add a clear coat on top so that the paint doesn't chip or rub off.

If you spray paint it, add a clear coat on top so that the paint doesn't chip or rub off.

They have clear spray paint? Or a sealant of some sort? I guess I'd just have to wrap the head in Saran wrap or something to keep it safe.

wtf:bulgy-eyes:

This made me LOL.

It's weird for me to not be pondering much of anything, especially when I have $100 credit to TGW.com sitting in my inbox. I need some ideas.

They have clear spray paint? Or a sealant of some sort? I guess I'd just have to wrap the head in Saran wrap or something to keep it safe.

That's the tricky part. It wouldn't be clear spray paint....spray paint, for me, has a sticky kind of texture that can rub off. The clear coat should harden so that it doesn't get sticky. And you'd definitely have to cover the head and grip so that paint doesn't get on it.

I want a new driver head with lower loft. I love my PX shaft though.

That's the tricky part. It wouldn't be clear spray paint....spray paint, for me, has a sticky kind of texture that can rub off. The clear coat should harden so that it doesn't get sticky. And you'd definitely have to cover the head and grip so that paint doesn't get on it.

I'd probably cut the grip off first since I plan on getting a new one anyways. I guess I'll have to go find some matte black spray paint and some sealant of some sort.

This made me LOL.

It's weird for me to not be pondering much of anything, especially when I have $100 credit to TGW.com sitting in my inbox. I need some ideas.

Shoes....never enough golf shoes.

Yep. I like it a lot so far.

That is an awesome looking putter. Not for me but I still like how it looks.

Shoes....never enough golf shoes.

Good thought, but the Biom Hybrid shoes that I really want aren't in stock on TGW until July, WTC?

Good thought, but the Biom Hybrid shoes that I really want aren't in stock on TGW until July, WTC?

Yeah, that sucks. I'm really wanting those new adidas spikeless shoes but the wait is until June/July. Boo at product release dates.

I'd probably cut the grip off first since I plan on getting a new one anyways. I guess I'll have to go find some matte black spray paint and some sealant of some sort.
I would imagine you would need to do something the shaft before you spray paint it, as I would think the spray paint wouldnt stick all too well to the current shaft in the putter. But, on the other hand...are you really going to spray paint your putter shaft?

I wouldn't have let you leave demo day without whatever you wanted :call-me:

I still don't know what I want. Looks like I will be trying some things out at demo day.

Pondering a set of ci11's. Don't really need them but they are just so sexy. Plus all the cool kids have them.

I said a tap tap tappity tap

Pondering a set of ci11's. Don't really need them but they are just so sexy. Plus all the cool kids have them.

Muahahaha! You're going the same route that I did...I'm glad I did. They are really only insignificantly less forgiving than the Di11s. Still has the distance, still has most of the forgiveness, IMO.

Muahahaha! You're going the same route that I did...I'm glad I did. They are really only insignificantly less forgiving than the Di11s. Still has the distance, still has most of the forgiveness, IMO.

What do you think are the advantages over the di11? Apart from extra sexyness.

What do you think are the advantages over the di11? Apart from extra sexyness.

I've only gamed them for two rounds and one range session, but I really like the way these interact with the turf...much better than the Di's IMO because of the slightly smaller sole profile. The ball flight of these isn't as towering as the Di11s due to the design and shaft (mid-high) and I really think that these cut through wind a bit better because of it. I feel like I can control the ball flight of the Ci11s a bit more in terms of hitting knockdown/punch shots. I also like the fact that these are available in a standard flex - reg or stiff. The uniflex in the Di11s worked for me very well, however it's becoming a rarity in golf equipment these days. Lastly, the fact that these have a standard shaft width makes it more versatile to picking the right shaft for you.

Really pondering the Nike VR_S hybrid after trying it during the Nike Speed Trials. Also pondering a new shaft for my driver.

Really pondering the Nike VR_S hybrid after trying it during the Nike Speed Trials. Also pondering a new shaft for my driver.

That hybrid is sneaky good. I hit it really really well at the Nike speed trial here I went to.

That hybrid is sneaky good. I hit it really really well at the Nike speed trial here I went to.

I didn't hit the fw or hybrid on the launch monitor, but I thought they were both really good. Did hit the driver on the LM and liked what I saw. Could be an addition to the stable post MC.

I didn't hit the fw or hybrid on the launch monitor, but I thought they were both really good. Did hit the driver on the LM and liked what I saw. Could be an addition to the stable post MC.

The hybrid was even a few degrees weaker then the others I was hitting and it was still longer. I didn't care for the FW's and I didnt hit the VRS driver very well. First time I didnt crush that driver. I did hit the limited edition driver good though. Which surprised me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back