Had To Change My Avatar

Idrops

Reaction score
Unfortunately I had to euthanize our 11 year old greyhound, Tango. This happened last November and I didn't have the heart to change my Avatar until now. It was quite emotional for me. The last drive to the vet was the worst drive I've ever made. She was part of our family and the smartest dog I've ever owned.

After a two month adoption process we have a beautiful new grey named Honey. She is two years old and we rescued her after only three races. She is the opposite of Tango in looks and personality so I can definitely say we love her in a different way and she is now the newest member of the Idrops family.

Sorry to hear, but glad you were able to save another.

Very sad to hear about your dog, but as Smalls said, it's great that you've rescued another one from a rough life.

Sorry to hear that Idrops.

Honey is a great looking dog, she looks pretty smart with the glasses on. :D

Sorry to hear about Tango.....but glad to see you have a new Family member in Honey

Congrats on the new family member!! I love greyhounds.

Ive known two people who had adopted retired greyhounds and they were the best dogs. When the situation is appropriate I'm going to adopt a greyhound. They make such great pets. Please share some photos of your new friend. Congrats!

Sorry drops for you loss and happy for your new family member

Unfortunately I had to euthanize our 11 year old greyhound, Tango. This happened last November and I didn't have the heart to change my Avatar until now. It was quite emotional for me. The last drive to the vet was the worst drive I've ever made. She was part of our family and the smartest dog I've ever owned.

After a two month adoption process we have a beautiful new grey named Honey. She is two years old and we rescued her after only three races. She is the opposite of Tango in looks and personality so I can definitely say we love her in a different way and she is now the newest member of the Idrops family.

I have made that drive a few times in my life and it is just as hard as the drive to the cemetery after a love ones funeral. It is a day I know will come again, but it does not make it any easier thats for sure. Our pets are special, no doubt about that.

I know exactly where you are coming from Idrops, we went through the exact same thing 6 years ago. Rescue dogs are awesome too, glad for you at finding the perfect new family member.

I dread ever having that day come, even though it's inevitable.

Glad to hear you have a new member of the family, Honey is very cute!

I still remember very clearly my first dog, a black on white German Shepherd, named Torre. It's amazing how a dog can have such a positive impact on someone.

Sorry to hear what you had to go through, but congrats on the new family member. I took that drive about 4 years ago and still have not found that new buddy, but that's ok.

The new avi looks awesome! I'm sorry to hear about your loss but I'm glad you rescued another.

So sorry for your loss. I lost Dusty in November as well. Losing a puppy is so hard. Congrats on the new friend and I really like the avatar!

Like the new Avatar! sorry to hear about your old greyhound but glad you rescued another... my sister rescued a greyhound quite a few years ago they are really great pets and a joy to be around.

Sorry, about Tango. Glad you're a rescuer, though.

My wife and I saved a Flat-Coated Retriever and it's the best thing we have ever done. ALL of our future loved ones will be rescues as well.

Honey looks awesome, btw.

Thanks all. I know you're not supposed to get that close to a pet, but it did happen. Honey is a rambunctious goofball with a lot of puppy spunk. It will be a challenge training her, but she has a lot of love in her.

Thanks all. I know you're not supposed to get that close to a pet, but it did happen. Honey is a rambunctious goofball with a lot of puppy spunk. It will be a challenge training her, but she has a lot of love in her.
Then I've been doing it all wrong.

Back