Death and Taxes, 2011 version

It works a bit differently here in aus. Tax is taken out of our pay and we don't get a say in how much works pro rata off your weekly income. Even so I'm expecting a return in the order of 4-5000 after our financial year ends in July. That will pay my golf membership and for some new equipment.

I said a tap tap tappity tap

You don't even have to write a check for that, do you? Seems like I read that anything under 5 bucks it's a wash.

I don't know to be honest. I just had them debit my acct. for the dollar.

Every year , i feel like a crime victim... And the govt is holding me up.

Just finished my taxes tonight. Nothing like the last minute when you have to pay. What really bugs me this year is only about 1/3 of my student loan interest can be deducted. If I owned a home I could deduct a huge amount of mortgage interest. I guess the government would rather us be homeowners than educated.

the time of the year I love my kids the most, can always count on a few grand back from them....thanks kids lol

New job that I started August 29th must have pushed me into another tax bracket! Paying over a G today after breaking about even between FED and STATE last year. SADFACE!

Right before the outing too. Ouch.

You don't even have to write a check for that, do you? Seems like I read that anything under 5 bucks it's a wash.

They'll probably send 2 IRS agents out to personally collect it.....:D

They'll probably send 2 IRS agents out to personally collect it.....:D

That's why I paid the dollar. Don't want to mess with them.

Got a 5 dollar refund. For spite, I'm having them mail me a check. Last year I owed a few thousand, so this was a massive blessing in disguise.

I got $2,000 back from state, but then had to pay back $1800 because of an error on my return..:banghead: And had to pay in almost $800 to the feds...its a load of bull either way.

the time of the year I love my kids the most, can always count on a few grand back from them....thanks kids lol

I hear that. Don't know what I'm gonna do next year when my daughter turns 18. Oh wait yes I do, I am going to write a big F'ing check to the government

We are owed an amount about equal to one-third of the April 15 Estimated Tax Payment so it is applied to next year. Georgia has already credited my account with last year's overpayment. The dream scenario for me would be to owe the max amount that doesn't trigger a penalty every year. That would be too hard to do though with our unpredictable sources of income.

Im not for sure how far this will go or who will take a look at it but I know for small business or any business owners, just make sure you spend or buy things and at the end of the year make sure you have zero for the business, then I am sure you wont have to pay anythign and you can actually write that off if you make donations,,,to charities or other organizations, I have a friend that runs his own company calls himself a consultant, each year near the end he gives out or just buys things to make his company show zero then he writes it off ezch year, he does well for himself that way, there could be anothe loop hole he doesnt tell me about but I know when he has 5 grand left he is real quick to buy anythign he sees until its all gone. he always gets a return at the end of the year

I have only one left that I can use. There other went to the marines (res) last year and moved away. But what really sucked was I could not deduct his college in 2010 because I made $1000 over the limit!

Not bad, got my Federal refund yesterday and my Kansas refund today. Nine and ten days to hit my account.

1750 back (thanks kids) it paid for a trip back to Tampa to go to a weeding and see my family.

Back