2012 NFL Draft Thread

SBnation mock:

http://www.sbnation.com/2012-nfl-draft/2012/4/16/2950609/2012-nfl-mock-draft-trade-ryan-tannehill

few out of the box things:
Richardson going to STL. I can see it. Sjax is a billion years old with injury concerns. With new coach (Fisher) in town, I can see this move.
3 RB's going in the first round
Zeitler moving up into the first. This doesn't surprise me if DeCastro goes top 11.

Tannehill #4...shoot me in the face, WAYYYYYY too big of a reach for the Brownies

I know Im glad to see this mock doesnt have the 'Boys taking Poe but instead Brockers which I love. That would make for a sick D-line.

Poe could either be Ngata good or be Refrigerator Perry post Super Bowl win bad...yuck

I know Im glad to see this mock doesnt have the 'Boys taking Poe but instead Brockers which I love. That would make for a sick D-line.

Poe could either be Ngata good or be Refrigerator Perry post Super Bowl win bad...yuck

Yeah I agree and would hate to see that first round pick wasted finding out he's Fat Albert.

SBnation mock:

http://www.sbnation.com/2012-nfl-draft/2012/4/16/2950609/2012-nfl-mock-draft-trade-ryan-tannehill

few out of the box things:
Richardson going to STL. I can see it. Sjax is a billion years old with injury concerns. With new coach (Fisher) in town, I can see this move.
3 RB's going in the first round
Zeitler moving up into the first. This doesn't surprise me if DeCastro goes top 11.

I seriously doubt Tannehill goes to the Browns at 4. Way too high for them, especially since they have enough extra picks they could trade up into the 1st round again after picking #4 and maybe still get him a little later plus someone better at 4.

I do like the idea of the Jags trading back with the Jets to 16 and then getting someone like Mercilus.

you hush now with that talk!

I seriously doubt Tannehill goes to the Browns at 4. Way too high for them, especially since they have enough extra picks they could trade up into the 1st round again after picking #4 and maybe still get him a little later plus someone better at 4.

I do like the idea of the Jags trading back with the Jets to 16 and then getting someone like Mercilus.

Are you a Rams fan and if so do you like that pick?

Chiefs fan-grew up on that side of the state. But, end up going to Rams and following them since I spend most of my time in STL. With that said, I like this pick. SJax has been a great Ram but it may be time for them to move on and get younger with all the picks they now have and the new management in town...

Pen, I agree that is high for Tannehill, but I can see him going @ 4, but more than likely to a different team via trade....

ETA: I do NOT approve of Poe @11 to KC.

Last edited:
Man I am SO READY for the draft. Can't wait. I just got tickets from my bank to go to LP Field in Nashville on the first draft day. But I work that day and can't go. Grrrrrrrrr!

I'm ready to see my where my Bama boys are going to end up.

Russell Wilson seems like such an awesome kid. I hope he gets a good opportunity at some point.

Kevin

My 7 round mock draft for KC.

roundpicknamepositionschool
111David DeCastroGStanford
244Dont'a HightowerSILBAlabama
374Josh ChapmanDT/DEAlabama
4107Janzen JacksonS McNeese St
5146Ryan BroylesWROklahoma
6182Tauren PooleRBTennessee
7a218Nick Jean-BaptistDTBaylor
7b238DiehlFBClemson

One week from tonight. Draft is sneaking up on us quick this year. I heard this morning that the NFL, ESPN and the NFL Network have agreed to no longer show the green room before a pick is announced which will lead to some actual suspense again. I think this is a very good move.

For the Cowboys I have decided on Brockers for our first pick. Either him or a stud in the secondary like Barron.

I want Barron

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Id be ok with Barron even though Im not sure he grades out as that high of a pick. He sure would help out our secondary though.

Sorry Patsy fans, but I think Barron might be gone by #14. I was reading last night about how his stock is booming. I reckon he'd look sweet in a Panther jersey.

Nobody looks good in a Panther uniform

One week from tonight. Draft is sneaking up on us quick this year. I heard this morning that the NFL, ESPN and the NFL Network have agreed to no longer show the green room before a pick is announced which will lead to some actual suspense again. I think this is a very good move.

For the Cowboys I have decided on Brockers for our first pick. Either him or a stud in the secondary like Barron.

I like the idea of not showing the green room. Has this been confirmed?

hahahaha, I would agree with that. Awful colors. Nah, we won't take Barron. He'd be a good fit in Big D. We do need secondary help though.

I like the idea of not showing the green room. Has this been confirmed?

I heard it both on ESPN listening to Mike and Mike and then on Sirius NFL too. I hope its true.

I am pretty excited to see the new uniforms during the draft. I think that will be fun to watch too.

Did anyone see those nasty Steeler throw back uni's? OMG type of fugly. Real fugly.

One one week to go... I'm getting excited. However, that excitement is usually replaced with soul-crushing disappointment after Miami makes their pick.

It looks like it could be Ryan Tannehill, like we had talked about a few pages back. If we take him, I have no idea who he'll be throwing to...

Did anyone see those nasty Steeler throw back uni's? OMG type of fugly. Real fugly.

It is ok, because it is a Steelers uniform. HAHAHA

I think the Patriot unis are the best looking out there.

Back