Very interesting.....

Mrs. Golf4Life

Reaction score
Handicap
Just wanted to post an article I found this morning. While there is obviously no substitute for practice, there is something very powerful in positive thinking. I feel like this piece just confirms the level of moxy that the game of golf requires! Not only do I need to get my body in balance so that my swing works, but I also have to find that balance in my mind so that I am positive but not overly confident!!

Whew! I am already exhausted!!!!

http://www.npr.org/2012/04/18/150813843/can-you-think-your-way-to-that-hole-in-one

I agree, that's a very interesting read. Psychology is crazy!

It's amazing how powerful the mind can be. There's a book by Dr. Bob Rotella called Your 15th Club that's basically about how your mind and your thoughts can really dictate how you play and how you score. I need to read that book again!

That's a great article that I agree with completely.. All this talk about being "in the zone" is what I believe to just feeling it or being confident in ones own ability to strike the ball well..

Thanks for sharing this! I need to take this concept to the course more!!

Tapatalking from my iPhone

Is it weird that I do something similar, but with the ball instead of the hole? I carry one of those blue racquetballs in my bag. I squeeze it to get my fingers/hands a little warmed up, but sometimes I'll use it on a couple short putts on the practice green. Just setting up and seeing the huge ball in relation to the putter or in relation to the hole sometimes helps. When you put a regular golf ball back in front of you, the hole looks bigger. And for me it seems to make me find the sweet spot on the putter/know how I want to hit the ball (kind of hard to explain).

interesting read for sure, thanks for sharing

Neat read there. I have to be honest. Everytime I step up on a par 3, i think i'm going to ace it! At least that's my goal, LOL

Never had one yet, but it's definitely coming.

Interesting read. Thanks for the link. It's hard to stay positive when you're sucking but I agree that I definitely play better when I do.

P4B, that looks like a good book. Just added it to my Kindle list. Thanks!

Very interesting article, thanks for posting that. I feel like I percieve the hole to be smaller than it is. I'm pessimistic like that. It could easily hurt my scoring, and I fell that it definitely affects my putting.

Back