Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody gone to a licensed Titleist fitter and gotten fitted for irons? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger once I get some expense money paid back. How was the experience? Was it worth it? It's a 100 bucks to get fitted for irons at The Bridges Golf Club in San Ramon, got the site from the Titleist web site. Anybody?

Never done it but I see it all the time on my driving range. It looks cool. The Titleist rep carts all this stuff out there, then sets up shop with the client and the golf pro. It's very one on one and they don't allow anyone to come over and interupt. They seem to be there for quite some time too man.

Never done it but I see it all the time on my driving range. It looks cool. The Titleist rep carts all this stuff out there, then sets up shop with the client and the golf pro. It's very one on one and they don't allow anyone to come over and interupt. They seem to be there for quite some time too man.

If I knew I could have the experience described here, I would GLADLY pay the $100 to know that I am being fitted not only to the current specs but also to the correct clubs.

Wtc is a Voodoo donut?

All the awesome talk in the i20 thread makes me lust a set. This is not good. The R11s have only been in the bag for a few months and I am looking else where.

All the awesome talk in the i20 thread makes me lust a set. This is not good. The R11s have only been in the bag for a few months and I am looking else where.

And what's worse is watching me carve up Rock Barn with them huh? LOL

And what's worse is watching me carve up Rock Barn with them huh? LOL

That didn't help at all. I have had a few rough weeks with the R11's. I am good off the tee, around the green and putting. I am just struggling with the irons. I reckon some good old range time could fix that, but buying new irons is so much easier. HAHA

Just to bring this thread back down with a disappointing bump, I'm pondering shoes.

Torn between the Nike Lunar Control (in black/yellow), and the Adidas Powerband 4.0 (most probably the white/slime). Was considering the Adidas Samba in white/red, but they probably wouldn't last long enough in the typical conditions I see.

I went with Lunar's over Powerband's. I wear Adidas in soccer, running, and past golf shoes, but the Lunars are lighter, insole felt better, and they felt great out of the box in the store. Lunars are a bit wider in the toe box area, but actually found they have better heel lock.

It will be different depending on foot shape, but that's my experiences when I was looking for shoes.

Nothing like carbo loading on a Voodoo Donut or two or three....

There name is very fitting. Some how after eating one and feeling like your going to die you find yourself in line for a second.

Has anybody gone to a licensed Titleist fitter and gotten fitted for irons? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger once I get some expense money paid back. How was the experience? Was it worth it? It's a 100 bucks to get fitted for irons at The Bridges Golf Club in San Ramon, got the site from the Titleist web site. Anybody?

I stuck up a brief review last year about doing a TPI fitting locally. It was certainly an interesting experience but like all fittings it will come down to how good person doing the fitting with you is. Generally I find that the TPI fitters really know their stuff though.

That didn't help at all. I have had a few rough weeks with the R11's. I am good off the tee, around the green and putting. I am just struggling with the irons. I reckon some good old range time could fix that, but buying new irons is so much easier. HAHA

You know man, you hit the long irons so good off the tee, and you hit them great for the front 9. It seems to me that when you get tired, you kind of sloppy with your swing (not trying to be offensive). One thing that's really nice about the i20's is the stock shaft weight and the swing weight. I can assure you, these irons won't tire the user.

You know man, you hit the long irons so good off the tee, and you hit them great for the front 9. It seems to me that when you get tired, you kind of sloppy with your swing (not trying to be offensive). One thing that's really nice about the i20's is the stock shaft weight and the swing weight. I can assure you, these irons won't tire the user.

This is true. I am not sure I just get tired or loose focus too. Sorta like Bubba, stupid ADD. HAHA I reckon I might play the i20s for a round at the outing. I can see if they do better for me in the back 9.

This is true. I am not sure I just get tired or loose focus too. Sorta like Bubba, stupid ADD. HAHA I reckon I might play the i20s for a round at the outing. I can see if they do better for me in the back 9.

I just think you let one bad hole get to you dude. You certainly hit it better than you scored that day, at least I thought you did. Here's the beauty of the i20s dude. And i'm going to be completely honest. They make you focus. They are more intimidating than the R11's or the Burner 2.0's b/c they are smaller, and they aren't supposed to be as "forgiving" so I believe that when you get your line, and you stand over that ball, something clicks. You know you can't be sloppy or lazy, you know you have to put a good swing on it. I think with some other irons, you can get away with more and subconsciously, we know it.

I just think you let one bad hole get to you dude. You certainly hit it better than you scored that day, at least I thought you did. Here's the beauty of the i20s dude. And i'm going to be completely honest. They make you focus. They are more intimidating than the R11's or the Burner 2.0's b/c they are smaller, and they aren't supposed to be as "forgiving" so I believe that when you get your line, and you stand over that ball, something clicks. You know you can't be sloppy or lazy, you know you have to put a good swing on it. I think with some other irons, you can get away with more and subconsciously, we know it.

Yeah, head games get me on the course. I need to learn to focus a bit more. I don't know if Players irons are the way to focus or just trying to stay in the zone is the way. I really just want to bring my iron play up with the rest of my game. Playing a 1.5* upright has helped, but I struggle some. I guess my focus at the outing is going to be what irons will help me the most. I really don't think going more forgiveness is the answer right now.

Yeah, head games get me on the course. I need to learn to focus a bit more. I don't know if Players irons are the way to focus or just trying to stay in the zone is the way. I really just want to bring my iron play up with the rest of my game. Playing a 1.5* upright has helped, but I struggle some. I guess my focus at the outing is going to be what irons will help me the most. I really don't think going more forgiveness is the answer right now.

Yeah, I don't think so either. Your miss is pretty simple dude, the fatties. I don't care what you have in your hands, a fat shot is a fat shot. Are you hitting the center of the clubface more now that they are a little upright? A good fitting can really help you hit the center of the clubface more.

Yeah, I don't think so either. Your miss is pretty simple dude, the fatties. I don't care what you have in your hands, a fat shot is a fat shot. Are you hitting the center of the clubface more now that they are a little upright? A good fitting can really help you hit the center of the clubface more.

Yeah, the ball is on it now. I need to get some of those iron impact sheets to insure this.

OK, I am now officially pondering the Fybrids. I need to hit a Fybrid vs the Mashie - those are my two hybo ponders.

You must have a super smooth swing. I average 92 and it put me in the PX 6.0, or soft stepped x100s

My swing DNA from Mizuno is almost identical to Luke Donald's. Here are my readings from the last fitting:

Head Speed: 91, 92, 94, 94
Tempo: 3, 3, 3, 3
Toe Down: 3, 4, 4, 4
Kick Angle: 5, 6, 6, 6
Release Factor: 5, 5, 7, 6

Those are in order from first swing to the last swing. I just find it funny that I have been fitted twice and different shafts were recommended each time. I don't have readings from my first fitting but I remember them being pretty close to the numbers above.

Pondering W/S 19.5 & 4H.

Keep telling myself that I don't need a Cleveland Classic driver. I love my J40 but $196 shipped for a 290!!!

Keep telling myself that I don't need a Cleveland Classic driver. I love my J40 but $196 shipped for a 290!!!

Bwahahaha...the Classic bug is spreading...

Send me the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back