Wilson Staff Fybrid RS

I like it Jman. You know where I stand on them. I have enjoyed it so much that I may have emailed Blind9 last night about the 3wood :beauty:

I want to put this a simple and straight forwards as I can, if AT ALL possible,

TRY. THESE. HYBRIDS.

Seriously, just do it. You will be rewarded and come away more impressed then you ever thought you would. IMO W/S is back on track with this generation. The 19.5 have produced some of the most consistent and EASY shots that I've had in my last 4 rounds with it in the bag. It has only been a short time but this is honestly the happiest I've been with a hybrid since the first Fybrid was released, and I've played 6 different brands/types since then.

Oh, and OF COURSE, have I mentioned the sound?

I truly wish more people would/could give these a whirl.

I'm with you Jman. I REALLY want to try the 19.5 and 4 or 5 hybrids in the RS line but the 19.5 HS is a great club as well. It comes close to a perfect club for me out of the rough or FW. Yesterday I had a uphill lie out of the rough and the hole was downhill about 25ft, 220 to pin. I hit it perfect, landed 8 ft past the pin and only rolled out another 2 ft. I was pumped!

I like it Jman. You know where I stand on them. I have enjoyed it so much that I may have emailed Blind9 last night about the 3wood :beauty:

I'll be absolutely honest too, I freaking love the half/half shaft in it. Since they went to multiple flexes on it, night and day for me. In the RS I had it felt like a noodle, now it just responds. Very happy might be an understatement.

I just got the G20 fairway and had a good day with it Monday (pre hurting myself) but the RS is stuck in my brain. You need to jump on it so I can hear what you think...hehe.

Just don't get extra wraps this time...

Jman - talk about the RS vs the OG Fybrid. Curious about how head shape and the shafts compare. I still rock the 4h and love it.

I'll be absolutely honest too, I freaking love the half/half shaft in it. Since they went to multiple flexes on it, night and day for me. In the RS I had it felt like a noodle, now it just responds. Very happy might be an understatement.

I just got the G20 fairway and had a good day with it Monday (pre hurting myself) but the RS is stuck in my brain. You need to jump on it so I can hear what you think...hehe.

Just don't get extra wraps this time...

hahaha, I've put the request in on one buddy, and it's stock. I'll do my own regrippage this time. See, I have the VTS in mine and I dig it. Dang thing hits the ball high and far and straight. That's what I want.

I'm with you Jman. I REALLY want to try the 19.5 and 4 or 5 hybrids in the RS line but the 19.5 HS is a great club as well. It comes close to a perfect club for me out of the rough or FW. Yesterday I had a uphill lie out of the rough and the hole was downhill about 25ft, 220 to pin. I hit it perfect, landed 8 ft past the pin and only rolled out another 2 ft. I was pumped!

I'm telling you, having gamed the HS....the RS really and truly is much better IMO. Feel, distance, and sound are all improved IMO.

Jman - talk about the RS vs the OG Fybrid. Curious about how head shape and the shafts compare. I still rock the 4h and love it.

Well Hawk, you since you're still gaming the OG you understand what I'm saying when I'm talking about that almost persimmon like crack of a sound that is just so damn good. Foremost that is back after being gone in the HS and the DXi...a big thing in and of itself IMO.

Outside of that the biggest thing visually is the size, they are a bit more elongated from face to heel with this version and I'm pretty sure that was for the purpose of getting the weight in different spots. Whatever it is you would notice the difference but its not like its too much or out of proportion, its more subtle than anything honestly.

As far as shafts, I went with the half/half so I really can't compare it to the V2's (if I remember correctly?) that were in the OG's, plus I went steel in mine back then haha. That said, TC raaaaaaaaaaaaaaves about the VTS and to me the half/half isn't just a gimmick anymore as its giving me a great flight and feeback and lets me just allow the dang thing to work instead of getting in its way. I dig it.

I honestly think its an improvement over the OG's, and that is saying something since I was literally on the absolute cusp of going back to those before I got my RS, they overall are my favorite hybrids ever.

Hopefully that wasn't too much of a ramble buddy. lol

No man, that was real helpful. I've always liked the V2 and something about the VTS gets my attention, especially from reading TC's feedback. These are on the must-hit list at the outing for sure.

No man, that was real helpful. I've always liked the V2 and something about the VTS gets my attention, especially from reading TC's feedback. These are on the must-hit list at the outing for sure.

I think you'll dig them. I went to the HH's because they were (to me) so much like the OG Fybrid's as I really thought W/S kinda missed with the HS's and the DXi's were just a different type of hybrid alltogether, but the RS's really got it right I think. Honestly, could I not kill the 4i like I am (and if I weren't testing it lol) I'd probably have already added the 4h to my bag. I can't wait for you to get to try them out.

Yea, I didn't really like the HS at all. The Dxi was ok, but it's a different style hybrid to me.

I can't wait for you guys to hit this lineup at the outing. I can already assure you that everyone will rave about the sound.

And it's done! The 3wood will be coming to the Carolina's! Thanks Blind9!!!

lol. It was only a matter of time!

lol. It was only a matter of time!

At the price I got, you might consider unhoarding some stuff and snag one or two broski, LOL

I can't wait for you guys to hit this lineup at the outing. I can already assure you that everyone will rave about the sound.

And it's done! The 3wood will be coming to the Carolina's! Thanks Blind9!!!

This. Excites. Me.

At the price I got, you might consider unhoarding some stuff and snag one or two broski, LOL

Oh snap. I may just have to do that!

RS FY is in the mail but won't get here in time for me to play it this week. Its going to be a long weekend waiting to open that box.

Dang you Jman... Thinking of getting the new 19.5 and 4h.

After playing for a couple weeks with the RS in 19.5 and 15, I wish they had a driver with this shaft and head. Id love try it out.

Dang you Jman... Thinking of getting the new 19.5 and 4h.

I honest to goodness think you'd be very very impressed. The HS was just mediocre IMO, but the RS they got it right again.

I honest to goodness think you'd be very very impressed. The HS was just mediocre IMO, but the RS they got it right again.

Yeah, I'm not liking you and TC right now as well, because I've been hell bent on the Mashie, and now I'm pondering the RS. May be a bit of a skim, but is there any difference/advantage of the H/H shaft over the stock graphite in terms of feel and/or ball flight?

Yeah, I'm not liking you and TC right now as well, because I've been hell bent on the Mashie, and now I'm pondering the RS. May be a bit of a skim, but is there any difference/advantage of the H/H shaft over the stock graphite in terms of feel and/or ball flight?

I haven't hit the graphite on this one JN so its hard to speak on that, but I will say the H/H has been tremendous for me this time around after despising it in my old HS 19.5. Excellent feel, it really does feel like the best of both worlds. The trajectory on mine just kicks ass too.

If nothing else depending on your setup it might be worth looking at the 19.5 bridge club, soooooo damned useful in that gap.

I haven't hit the graphite on this one JN so its hard to speak on that, but I will say the H/H has been tremendous for me this time around after despising it in my old HS 19.5. Excellent feel, it really does feel like the best of both worlds. The trajectory on mine just kicks ass too.

If nothing else depending on your setup it might be worth looking at the 19.5 bridge club, soooooo damned useful in that gap.

Would the 19.5 bridge club be comparable to a 4 hybrid-ish in your opinion? I'm looking to fill a big gap between my 2h and my 5i. I had a 4i with my Di11s, and I've been pondering whether to order a Ci11 4i or to replace it with a 4h.

Would the 19.5 bridge club be comparable to a 4 hybrid-ish in your opinion? I'm looking to fill a big gap between my 2h and my 5i. I had a 4i with my Di11s, and I've been pondering whether to order a Ci11 4i or to replace it with a 4h.

I think its more similar to a 3H

Nah, it'd be a bit low since the 4i in the set is 23*, they do have an RS that is 21* though that might fit well there depending on the loft of your 2h.

I think its more similar to a 3H

Nah, it'd be a bit low since the 4i in the set is 23*, they do have an RS that is 21* though that might fit well there depending on the loft of your 2h.

Yeah, my loft of my 2h is 19*, so I'd probably be more interested in the 21*. Thanks guys!

Back