THP Visits True Blue - Home of the 2012 Morgan Cup

Great video's guys, and the course looks amazing, I'm still in shock at the Victory by the little fella but well done Chunky.

JB, what about the courses were different than you expected?

It was an absolute beat down, by the short one. It finished with a DNF it was so bad. The little man got it done in a big way.
Im not sure how to describe it (the courses), but it was just different. I am going to ponder it for a little bit and maybe I can explain it better.

It was a beat down folks. I had to use 1 tank of gas to get down there and 3 tanks to get home. JB's ego was riding in the back seat and it was pretty heavy. Clubs were broken. A wife saw her husbands soul crushed. All in all a great day for Team Hackers

Great job captain, but really hope you left a little bit of his ego for me to bring back to Texas!

It was a beat down folks. I had to use 1 tank of gas to get down there and 3 tanks to get home. JB's ego was riding in the back seat and it was pretty heavy. Clubs were broken. A wife saw her husbands soul crushed. All in all a great day for Team Hackers

Nah, she got it done for Team THP by beating both of us I believe. Certainly outdriving us.

It was an absolute beat down, by the short one. It finished with a DNF it was so bad. The little man got it done in a big way.
Im not sure how to describe it (the courses), but it was just different. I am going to ponder it for a little bit and maybe I can explain it better.

No one can say JB makes excuses or dodges the final result. Good to see.

Great job captain, but really hope you left a little bit of his ego for me to bring back to Texas!

I assure you dude, you have absolutely no shot. None whatsoever. I mean nada, zip, zilch or any other word you want to use for zero. Your captain does not even believe you have a shot...AND THAT IS FACT!

I assure you dude, you have absolutely no shot. None whatsoever. I mean nada, zip, zilch or any other word you want to use for zero. Your captain does not even believe you have a shot...AND THAT IS FACT!

Hmmm....likely the same crap you were spewing before teeing it up with the man yesterday.

If my captain does not believe I have a shot, I would not be playing you. He has ultimate confidence that I will get it done just like he did.

Great videos and pics. Of course, I was playing that long par 5 in my head as taking 4 shots to get to the green from the mens tee and one putting it! LOL Would love to play there one day!

That one could sting...

Hmmm....likely the same crap you were spewing before teeing it up with the man yesterday.

If my captain does not believe I have a shot, I would not be playing you. He has ultimate confidence that I will get it done just like he did.

Its a little different scenario and we both know that. I wont get into it in this thread as its about the course and the match yesterday in which the Chunky one gave it to this guy pretty good.

or u are the weak link, and he is conceding the point

just saying

Wishing I had decent cell reception here so I could watch on my phone. The pics look amazing. As for the outcome, Chunky is due his congratulations. It was nice that you let him taste a little victory so the whole MC experience isn't ruined for him in July.

Just got on my lunch break and got on here to check out the additional photos. The place looks even more beautiful than their website leads on. I won't even.comment on JBs beatdown for now, that is for the other threads. Great looking course, the excitement is building!

You did it Chunky! Beat the WOW factor! Congrats to you! Of course, sounds like the course beat JB but if I know him, he'll have that course mastered by MC time.

Gorgeous gorgeous looking course!! I can not wait to get down there!

Great video's guys, and the course looks amazing, I'm still in shock at the Victory by the little fella but well done Chunky.

JB, what about the courses were different than you expected?

The course is beautiful, I just thought there would be more flowers adding color. The fairways are nice and open, but it's still easy to get into trouble. The greens are deceiving too, we all struggled reading them. We were convinced it would break one way and then it broke the other, or like Chunky said, they would be fast and then slow down so quickly. It makes it challenging to putt, but also fun. We had a blast out there!

The open fairways allowed me to embrace my super power fade, so if Jake decides to go Jake straight again, the fairways will work with him.

The course is beautiful, I just thought there would be more flowers adding color. The fairways are nice and open, but it's still easy to get into trouble. The greens are deceiving too, we all struggled reading them. We were convinced it would break one way and then it broke the other, or like Chunky said, they would be fast and then slow down so quickly. It makes it challenging to putt, but also fun. We had a blast out there!

The open fairways allowed me to embrace my super power fade, so if Jake decides to go Jake straight again, the fairways will work with him.

Nice GG! I love the super power fade!!

Thanks GG that makes a lot of sense. Wide open fairways are a good thing, especially for Chunky. I can't wait to see the courses.

Great info there GG! Wonder how different it will be in 3 months. Also must wonder if there is a common break on those greens like some courses have where it is towards a certain body of water, etc.

A DNF.....wow. Chunky is taking the high road on this opportunity. Hackers = Class.

Nice GG! I love the super power fade!!

As long as you aim all the way left, you know you will be in the middle of the fairway. ; )

Thanks GG that makes a lot of sense. Wide open fairways are a good thing, especially for Chunky. I can't wait to see the courses.

The course has a ton of waste bunkers, in fact you drive through half of them as the cart path, but if you fall in those waste bunkers you can find yourself in some serious trouble. JB and I both learned that the hard way when we hit the lip trying to get out and had the ball come right back to us.

Great info there GG! Wonder how different it will be in 3 months. Also must wonder if there is a common break on those greens like some courses have where it is towards a certain body of water, etc.

There was no common break that we found. We are used to the greens breaking toward water, but there really isn't a ton of water on this course, they were just tricky to read. They really looked like they would break left, and then it never did or would break right last minute. They certainly stumped our group.

Not going to mention any names, but of past MC participants, I think one of them would spend a couple hours just reading the green before a 3 putt.

A DNF.....wow. Chunky is taking the high road on this opportunity. Hackers = Class.

Haha you have never met me. I'm just busy at work

Haha you have never met me. I'm just busy at work

Listen after he lost 5 straight to me, there is no way he will stay quiet about this one. He blasted me. It was not even close. He was one up at the turn and it was a freaking DNF. The man just flat out took it to me. I know that drive home was a little easier after the victory.

Wishing I had decent cell reception here so I could watch on my phone. The pics look amazing. As for the outcome, Chunky is due his congratulations. It was nice that you let him taste a little victory so the whole MC experience isn't ruined for him in July.

JB taking the high class road and just admitting he didn't get it done, and then you get this carp. Sad...just sad.

I can say that I enjoyed the courses, they are different than what I expected.
I can also say that Captain Gunther dropped me into the woodshed.

Congrats Chunky for you taking the Wow Factor to the woodshed! It's a goal guys dream of for years and never accomplish :confused2::crying:....
The course looks beautiful from the pics so you all are in for a huge treat!

Back