2012 Srixon Golf Ball Lineup

I am sending tnolan some xv's today. I'll be keen to see what he thinks. It's a damn good ball, but I just do not care for it off the tee.

looking forward to this, as i'll be comparing to my newly gamed Z-Stars, and this will be my first experience with the Tour Yellow.

in other news...my 2nd round last the Z-Star last night did not go as plan. TNolan's ugly swing came out to play and nobody likes that guy...so i can easily say, that it was not the Z-Stars' fault. it's probably actually a good thing that i play both good and bad with that ball, creating a very unbiased opinion during testing.

i will say a few things that i've already noticed so far:

it's tough, making a ball change; more difficult than i thought. even during "my good round", the ball was coming off the face (driver and iron) and i didn't initially like the feel of it, it actually felt harder than it should've. but as i progressed, it started to come around and feel much better/softer.

i know this goes against everything that the Z-Star is, but this ball will NOT sit down for me. 8, 9, PW...hops forward and releases.
i'm a flag hunter...so i never plan for backspin or release. i want my ball to sit where it hits.
maybe it'll get better as i play more with them, or maybe the greens are really hard right now, idk...
i haven't really had a chance to see how they perform around the green with the 588's, but when i do, i hope it goes well...

I hate when your ugly swing shows up too. Dude, full disclosure, I hate the yellow balls when they first came out. I had such a hard time tracking them in the air, which is weird, but I did. However, now I am kind of hooked. I mean, I can game a white ball too, it's not a make or break type thing, but most of the time, I'm the only dude on the course playing a yellow ball. That's kind of convenient.

looking forward to this, as i'll be comparing to my newly gamed Z-Stars, and this will be my first experience with the Tour Yellow.

in other news...my 2nd round last the Z-Star last night did not go as plan. TNolan's ugly swing came out to play and nobody likes that guy...so i can easily say, that it was not the Z-Stars' fault. it's probably actually a good thing that i play both good and bad with that ball, creating a very unbiased opinion during testing.

i will say a few things that i've already noticed so far:

it's tough, making a ball change; more difficult than i thought. even during "my good round", the ball was coming off the face (driver and iron) and i didn't initially like the feel of it, it actually felt harder than it should've. but as i progressed, it started to come around and feel much better/softer.

i know this goes against everything that the Z-Star is, but this ball will NOT sit down for me. 8, 9, PW...hops forward and releases.
i'm a flag hunter...so i never plan for backspin or release. i want my ball to sit where it hits.
maybe it'll get better as i play more with them, or maybe the greens are really hard right now, idk...
i haven't really had a chance to see how they perform around the green with the 588's, but when i do, i hope it goes well...

I've noticed the Z Star for me with 9 Iron through sand wedge lands bounces forward and backs up to near the original landing spot. On these full shots all the balls are very similar.

The big difference for me is the 50-75 yard SW shots.
50 yards is a 58 degree knockdown.
75 yards is the 54 degree knockdown.

Both 3/4 swings. The Z Star XV and Q Star land release and roll a touch.
The Z star one hops and stops. This for me is the reason I like the Z Star over the Q Star or XV.
I really have more control with the Z Star. I also enjoy the added spin on chips right around the greens.

An added bonus is the Z Star is longer off the tee and Irons for me than the others as well. 105 mph SS with the driver.
Im guessing the compression is perfect for me.

I can get crooked with any ball.

That is a perk and I also think the Tour Yellow hides wear a little better. I've been using the white for the last couple weeks, but just grabbed yellow last night for the free towel. I can really go either way with them.

i've only been out twice with the Z-Star, so i'm hoping it will improve as i continue to play...
very interested to see how the XV stacks up against it, as well as see how i like the yellow ball.
like TC said, it might grow on me. i also thought the Cleveland Classic was ugly as sin...but it's growing on me.

i've only been out twice with the Z-Star, so i'm hoping it will improve as i continue to play...
very interested to see how the XV stacks up against it, as well as see how i like the yellow ball.
like TC said, it might grow on me. i also thought the Cleveland Classic was ugly as sin...but it's growing on me.

Same here dude. Seeing it in person made a massive difference. I like the yellow balls b/c you can see them from about anywhere.

Same here dude. Seeing it in person made a massive difference. I like the yellow balls b/c you can see them from about anywhere.

I guess I am just weird. I loved the way the Cleveland Classic looked in pictures but when I saw it in person I really didnt like it. It's a shame because I really wanted to like it. With that said, quick question, is there a 2012 version of the Q-star and if so, has anything changed?

Oh Yeah. The Tour Yellow is also the nutz. I was a hater till I put it in play. Nothing else now.

I opened up the free towel that comes with a dozen tour yellows. Very nice. It's standard size in black with the Srixon logo in yellow. Has a little ring for a carabiner. Now I'll have two Srixon towels to stick on the MC bag.

I opened up the free towel that comes with a dozen tour yellows. Very nice. It's standard size in black with the Srixon logo in yellow. Has a little ring for a carabiner. Now I'll have two Srixon towels to stick on the MC bag.

Which balls does that come with? And is it a mail in type of thing?

It's the Z-Star series this time around I think. They have them in store so you can take them when you purchase.

I got a little leather putting cup from buying some Q-Stars earlier this year too.

It's the Z-Star series this time around I think. They have them in store so you can take them when you purchase.

I got a little leather putting cup from buying some Q-Stars earlier this year too.

Thanks. I may have to give the Z-stars a try. Need a new towel anyway. Thanks.

I need a new Srixon towel myself. The old one just got torn off the bag when I stepped on it picking the bag up - oops. Guess I become a Srixon player for a few months, maybe even yellow ones.

Thanks. I may have to give the Z-stars a try. Need a new towel anyway. Thanks.

It comes with any purchase of ball in Tour Yellow. I got one for buying a dozen practice balls.

I'm set on the the Z-Star. Actually just bought another dozen last night in yellow and got a free towel.

I am 99% set on the Q-Star, but, I will get a sleeve of Z-Stars just in case.

Nice that there are a number of options out there.

Nice that there are a number of options out there.

Cleveland Golf/Srixon has been amazing with all of the options they have given us.

had the course to myself tonight, so i had a good opportunity to test out the Z-Star vs. the XV.

first i want to say that i thought the Tour Yellow would be difficult to adjust to...nope. was a non-factor. after a bit, you don't really even realize you're actually playing with a yellow ball. wasn't like a game changer though...i believe i will continue to play a white ball, but have no issues playing the tour yellow.

off the driver, the XV felt good, sounded good and performed well. the ball flight seemed a little lower but didn't seem to matter. i'm just looking for a nice mid-high trajectory. the XV had less side spin, rarely moving left or right with most drives being pretty straight, but the Z-Star was similar to that tonight.
the XV had the distance advantage...by a good 10-15 yards most of the time.
the real test will be seeing what happens with the Classic.

off the irons, the two were similar. the XV may have sat down a little tighter, but both performed as expected off the irons.

around the greens, the XV spun more than the Z-Star for me. i realize i'm basically stating what you can read on the box, but i plan to do much more testing with these to get some more detailed feedback.

putter, the XV rolled true. at times it seemed like the XV was heavier off the putter face.

after just 9 holes, i'm undecided...more ball testing will commence.

Last edited:
Has anyone compared the Z and Q Star directly to the Gamer 2? I like the Gamer 2 but am getting greedy wondering if either of these two gives more distance with the driver, has better responsiveness around the green but still helps us stay in the fairway off the tee.

Has anyone compared the Z and Q Star directly to the Gamer 2? I like the Gamer 2 but am getting greedy wondering if either of these two gives more distance with the driver, has better responsiveness around the green but still helps us stay in the fairway off the tee.

Not that I know of, but I've played all three. Z-Star is longer with much better feel, not a ton of side to side movement either. Q-Star is about the same length but I prefer its feel and spin over the gamer. Pick up a sleeve and try them side by side, Z's are $9ish Q's $6ish.

--
Tapatalk2

Since we are within 6 weeks of the Morgan Cup I was curious what ball the Cleveland/Srixon staffers are thinking of playing?

Z-Star Yellow (if available) for me. I like it off the tee and for spin into the greens and short shots I don't think it can be beat.

wonder if some are strongly considering the Q star. I haven't played it yet, but I've heard many good things.

Since we are within 6 weeks of the Morgan Cup I was curious what ball the Cleveland/Srixon staffers are thinking of playing?

Z-Star Yellow (if available) for me. I like it off the tee and for spin into the greens and short shots I don't think it can be beat.

Right now its the Z-Star in Yellow for me too. I also really like the Q-Star a lot off the tee, so its getting to be decision time.

Same for me. It's shown the best overall peformance for me. It's as long as any of them off the tee for me, and it's proven to be very spinny. I'm going yellow too.

wonder if some are strongly considering the Q star. I haven't played it yet, but I've heard many good things.

I like the Q-Star, but I haven't found anything negative in using the spinnier ball. It's a great feeling ball off the tee though.

Back