What Golf Stuff Did You Buy Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used both yesterday to try and compare them. I thought the GPS was better off the tee because it quickly gives me yardages to bunkers, water, 150 yard markers. I also like the mark feature on it so you can tell how far you can hit each club. But on par 3's or approach shots I liked the rangefinder much better. Esp because this one accounts for the slop and my course is all up and down. It was much easier seeing that the flag was 140 away, but playing more like 155. That stuff I just couldn't get on the GPS. I found it very easy to use the rangefinder. Makes me wonder how a certain MC captain while down in FL used the rangefinder to find a flag at 200 yards when it was really only 160. That little guy will remain nameless though.

The slope edition on the Bushnell is pretty awesome, if I didn't play with some rule sticklers in my Golf league, I would have purchased that one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice buy on the shoes. I love the way they look and how comfortable they are. The problem I have is that there is alot of water and mud at courses by me and if I wear shoes like this my feet are soaked for 18 holes.

I have an older pair of Adidas Powerband Sport shoes that are made kind of similar. I would never wear them if the course is remotely wet. Luckily I only have about 8 other pairs of shoes to choose from.

Pretty good birthday haul Captain!

yeah not to bad. Plus a little 3w purchase I made for myself, but I need to wait for that to get delivered.
And even though it's not golf my sister got me all of the Star Wars movies on Blue Ray! Such a nerd I am

I used both yesterday to try and compare them. I thought the GPS was better off the tee because it quickly gives me yardages to bunkers, water, 150 yard markers. I also like the mark feature on it so you can tell how far you can hit each club. But on par 3's or approach shots I liked the rangefinder much better. Esp because this one accounts for the slop and my course is all up and down. It was much easier seeing that the flag was 140 away, but playing more like 155. That stuff I just couldn't get on the GPS. I found it very easy to use the rangefinder. Makes me wonder how a certain MC captain while down in FL used the rangefinder to find a flag at 200 yards when it was really only 160. That little guy will remain nameless though.

Did you find your self range-finding your putts? HAHAHA

Did you find your self range-finding your putts? HAHAHA

Only longer chip shots. Anything inside of 5 yards I was ok haha

Only longer chip shots. Anything inside of 5 yards I was ok haha

The thing I found when I first got mine, was how much I used it every where. I think I carried it in the car for the first month. I just wanted to see how far I was from everything!

I agree with this. I find that for about 75% of my round I use the GPS. I pick it up and know what I need to know immediately. On par 3's I can use the rangefinder to get exact yardage. Ive found nothing easier about the rangefinder and sometimes it takes longer to get my distance sitting there trying to make sure I got the flag and not the tree behind it. Love those shoes too dude.

I agree with this. I find that for about 75% of my round I use the GPS. I pick it up and know what I need to know immediately. On par 3's I can use the rangefinder to get exact yardage. Ive found nothing easier about the rangefinder and sometimes it takes longer to get my distance sitting there trying to make sure I got the flag and not the tree behind it. Love those shoes too dude.

Do you the Golfshot app as your GPS?

That's what I have seen too...I have a buddy that wanted to sell me his range finder and he let me borrow it for a few rounds and I used it and a GPS at the same time and I only used the range finder about 15-20% of the time...the GPS was just much easier...pick it up and there were the numbers I needed...not to mention that it had 6 or 7 numbers at once...distance to bunkers, over bunkers to certain layup...stuff like that.

I ended up not buying it

hell no. I use the Skycaddie SGX

Oh, I just use the Golfshot for all the off the tee stuff. I think it is pretty close. Have you ever compared the distances between the Skycaddie and Golfshot?

The thing I found when I first got mine, was how much I used it every where. I think I carried it in the car for the first month. I just wanted to see how far I was from everything!
I stood out in the front yard and was lasering everything in the neighborhood.

During a slow round this past Sunday, while waiting for people to hit before going up to my ball, I found that I would laser the flag, then laser my ball from the cart, subtract the distance and that way when I got to my ball, I was ready to go.

That's what I have seen too...I have a buddy that wanted to sell me his range finder and he let me borrow it for a few rounds and I used it and a GPS at the same time and I only used the range finder about 15-20% of the time...the GPS was just much easier...pick it up and there were the numbers I needed...not to mention that it had 6 or 7 numbers at once...distance to bunkers, over bunkers to certain layup...stuff like that.

I ended up not buying it

Yup this is what I see too. I think it also depends on what GPS you use and how good it is. Which is why I like the Skycaddie, it gives everything I need to know and I can move it to other points of interest if need be. In the end I like using both but could have probably gone with a much smaller and less expensive rangefinder.

I second this... I know people are all about specific distances, but frankly I am not a good enough golfer. I'd rather know how far it is to carry certain things, or on approach shots, how far it is to get on the green on line with the pin, and then how far it is to the back of the green..

Giving me 20 yards to work with has improved my confidence in my shots immensely.. I love the SGXw for that.

I stood out in the front yard and was lasering everything in the neighborhood.

During a slow round this past Sunday, while waiting for people to hit before going up to my ball, I found that I would laser the flag, then laser my ball from the cart, subtract the distance and that way when I got to my ball, I was ready to go.

One think about the laser that is sweet. Is seeing how far out the group is in front of you. I do this to make sure I don't hit in to groups by accident.

Oh, I just use the Golfshot for all the off the tee stuff. I think it is pretty close. Have you ever compared the distances between the Skycaddie and Golfshot?

No Ive never used the Golfshot for GPS. I just use the free version for keeping score. I did have another GPS app at one point and it seemed to lag while catching up which I found annoying and messed with my chi. Ive seen a couple people using Golfshot though while playing and our distances were very close if not the same. So it seems to be accurate.

No Ive never used the Golfshot for GPS. I just use the free version for keeping score. I did have another GPS app at one point and it seemed to lag while catching up which I found annoying and messed with my chi. Ive seen a couple people using Golfshot though while playing and our distances were very close if not the same. So it seems to be accurate.

Thanks man.

nobody messes with Kmac's chi if they know what's good for them

I will agree with that as well...I have used GolfShot for the GPS before I got my Callaway UPro MX and one of my buddies has a skycaddie SG5....we compared numbers all the time and the Golfshot was always within a yard or 2...plenty accurate for my needs at least.

Are you using it? Does it get slow or lag any?

I do use it. Sometimes when the course is out in the sticks it lags. When I am in a 3g area it seems to have no problems. I don't really trust it to the flag, but do to carry a bunker or lay up to 100yds.

I will agree with that as well...I have used GolfShot for the GPS before I got my Callaway UPro MX and one of my buddies has a skycaddie SG5....we compared numbers all the time and the Golfshot was always within a yard or 2...plenty accurate for my needs at least.

Did it ever seem to lag or be slow? I think the one I was using just sucked. Actually now that I think about it when the iPhone goes to sleep or standby the GPS goes off. Then you wake it up and have to wait for the GPS to reconnect, hence the slowness. So you have to leave the phone on the whole time which kills the battery. Hello GPS device.

Did it ever seem to lag or be slow? I think the one I was using just sucked. Actually now that I think about it when the iPhone goes to sleep or standby the GPS goes off. Then you wake it up and have to wait for the GPS to reconnect, hence the slowness. So you have to leave the phone on the whole time which kills the battery. Hello GPS device.

I tried the golfLogix GPS and had that exact issue.. Was sitting there waiting for a yardage and it was on the opposite side of the hole sometimes..

I am sure they are plenty functional, but I'd rather conserve my battery life and have a separate GPS device.

I grabbed 2 pairs of FILA golf shorts yesterday. Very comfy and just enough stretch to them.

I cancelled my Ping G20 purchase.:angry:

Last edited:
Picked up my G20 earlier, had a GP Tour Wrap put on (mid-size, black), new grip on a putter (SuperStroke Ultra-Slim), and just walked out of Dick's with my wonderful Ogio Chamber (grey/orange). Mid-sized grips click in nicely and so does the SuperStroke.....I only planned on picking up the G20. I blame you, THP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back