What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played in our April Medal this morning and had my best round of the year. 37 (+2) / 37 (+1) home for a 74 (+3). Hit the ball much better than I have been especially on the back nine.

I now know how Westwood feels after his rounds as I had 5 birdie putts from inside 8 feet and only holed 1 of them :banghead: If I had holed a few more putts, missed 2 or 3 short putts for par, I might have broken par for the first time.

Just got finished shooting a 63 @ Whistling Straights.

Tiger Woods Golf counts, right?

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

I shot a best ever 75 today beating my previous best by 5 shots! 38 front 37 back! I don't know what to say this is the first time I have been in the 70s! I have been threatening for a while but blew it in a hole!! Today everything worked together! I'm abit unhappy that I missed a 2 footer for par on the 16th aswell! So happy I just had to tell you all!
Congratulations, that is absolutely blowing your old personal best completely out of the water. Great round.

Shot 35/35-70 -1. 3 putted a par 5 I hit in two but overall it was a good day.
Nicely done!!!

Ahh what could've been today. Par 72 (73.4 / 134). Was -2 heading to nine, then three jacked from 15' for a bogey. Then I started the back nine bogey, bogey, quad, bogey before I finished the final 5 in -1 for a gross total 77 (<esc> 75).

So middle of round I go +8 and book-end it with a -3, lord do I love this game. But it is mid-April, it was a perfect 60 degres with no wind and I had shorts and a short sleeve shirt on, nothing really to gripe about, it's all gravy this time of year.

Last edited:
Today was just off and on. Shot a 44/46 for a 90. My wedge game was very good, and my driving was actually decent today, however my irons were streaky and my putting was as well. Had three birdie putts of less than 10 feet that I missed today. Ugh.

I shot a 32 yesterday......on a par 27! I went and played a quick round at a par 3 course right by my house. The course is older and pretty beat up but it was fun. I only took 4 clubs with me though. I had my 7 iron, 52*, 60* and putter. My biggest issue was that there are only 2 holes where I can hit the 7 iron at 100% and only 2 more where the 52* could really be used off the tee. I was playing a knock down 7 off most tees or laying up with my 52* and having to get up and down to save par.

I highly recommend people to try this out. You quickly learn that your shot repertoire is very limited! It really makes you play golf instead of just smack the ball.

Played in a 2 man MGA event today (handicapped). 6 holes best ball, 6 holes alternate shot, and 6 holes shamble. We managed to shoot 62 (both are 11's for home course HC).

62 was good enough for 2nd in our flight and won us a good chunk of cash. Winners shot 59. Good day to be out there, lots of good shots and a few I would like to forget.

Excellent stuff Cookie, 62 is dam good shooting bud. Never played in a comp like that it sounds like fun

Although come July second wont be good enough

Excellent stuff Cookie, 62 is dam good shooting bud. Never played in a comp like that it sounds like fun

Although come July second wont be good enough

Thanks man and the second part I had to quote for truth!!

Spring tournament, two man teams, played bad, still missing putts. I did have an eagle for a skin on a par 5, don't know the payout but it will be pretty good. 80 (40,40)

Good stuff Cookie! Sounds like a fun setup.

35 / 36 - 71

9/14 Fairways
14/18 GIR (+2 more putting from fringe near hole)
31 Putts

Pushed my lowest score of the year down two more strokes, with my first subpar effort of the year. Since I made absolutely nothing putting, it could only have been lower - maybe a lot lower. 9/14 fairways is deceptive - every one I missed was in an excellent position except one in a fairway bunker. The irons were especially sharp today, as no fewer than 11 of my birdie putts were from under 20 feet. But no three putts and none missed under 5 feet means it wasn't bad putting, just nothing made. I birdied the 7th, 11th, and 12th holes to get to -3, lipped out my par from 8 feet when I missed the 14th after being in that fairway bunker, and came to the last hole at -2. There I split the fairway to 110 yards, but totally fatted my AW approach and ended up missing a 5-6 footer for par. Still, not much to complain about in my best all-around effort so far this year.

EDIT: I should also mention that I walked 18 for the first time all year! Thank you knees!

Last edited:
I shot 92 today and earned every single itsy bitsy bit of the this ficking score :banghead:. I am not playing golf right now for some reason and it sucks! I am sorry for my team mates, at the upcoming outing but Lawd have mercy this stuff is sucking likd a Electrolux vacuum clearn. I know because we have one of those good suckers :bulgy-eyes:.

84...Not what I was hoping for...but after a very very long layoff it was just great to be back on the course. 38 putts..(yes I only played 18)...The course I played is has difficult greens and they were slow...but not that difficult or slow. At least the areas I need to work were glaring. :)

84...Not what I was hoping for...but after a very very long layoff it was just great to be back on the course. 38 putts..(yes I only played 18)...The course I played is has difficult greens and they were slow...but not that difficult or slow. At least the areas I need to work were glaring. :)

Where did you play?

An 86 and I couldn't be more pleased with my round. I had 13 REAL chances for birdie (only sunk one though) and 2 for eagle (neither dropped. So, despite my putting, I was ecstatic. Also had two gps'd drives of 313 and 352 total yardage....thank you G20.

Played in a nice 25-35 mph wind today with gusts to 45 mph.....on #10 a 510 yard par 5 it was dead into the wind...I hit driver, 3W and 4H to find the front of the green!! JEEBUS it was blowing.

But for some reason I played really well....maybe the high winds made me swing slower...I don't know had a great ball striking day

8/13 Fairways
6 GIR
31 putts

1 birdie
10 pars
6 bogeys
2 doubles

41/40 for 81

Maybe I need to play in the wind more often!

After having the shanks for the last month and swing that was getting worse I started lessons last week so I am sorting out the faults in my swing. I decided to go out today even though I had no idea what to expect. My front 9 was terrible while I was working on trying to do some of things from my lesson and the back nine was much better. Ended up with a 54 on the front and a 43 on the back, I started to pick up some of the things from the lesson on the back but its hard to hold these new concepts together. Hopefully I can get back to my consistent 80's soon, next lesson is Wednesday.

After having the shanks for the last month and swing that was getting worse I started lessons last week so I am sorting out the faults in my swing. I decided to go out today even though I had no idea what to expect. My front 9 was terrible while I was working on trying to do some of things from my lesson and the back nine was much better. Ended up with a 54 on the front and a 43 on the back, I started to pick up some of the things from the lesson on the back but its hard to hold these new concepts together. Hopefully I can get back to my consistent 80's soon, next lesson is Wednesday.

Nice Recovery on the back 9

I ended up 96 today. Had some beautiful shots but also a really hard time with other holes. The course was very difficult, so I'm proud of myself. You'd think the course would come with fast greens. Nope. Like having a layer of syrup on top.

Played in a nice 25-35 mph wind today with gusts to 45 mph.....on #10 a 510 yard par 5 it was dead into the wind...I hit driver, 3W and 4H to find the front of the green!! JEEBUS it was blowing.

But for some reason I played really well....maybe the high winds made me swing slower...I don't know had a great ball striking day

8/13 Fairways
6 GIR
31 putts

1 birdie
10 pars
6 bogeys
2 doubles

41/40 for 81

Maybe I need to play in the wind more often!
Great round TBT, very well played sir;

78 on a chilly, wet day in MN.

+13/+2
had the hooks with my long clubs and the shanks with my short ones on the front
reigned every thing in on the back
at least i had one birdie today

Had it going good till I counted my score on 12 and thought ahead. Darn it!! 4 birds on the front make the turn 1 under, birdie 10, ball hangs on lip for another on 11 and then started down hill, bogey, bogey, dbl bogey, bogey, par, dbl bogey, bogey!! I need to learn from this and finish.

Bowling Green Golf Course
Front Royal, Virginia
Par 71
Score 77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back