Pukka Headwear-- Any Thoughts?

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey guys, your everyday fashion idiot here. Wondering what the general opinion on Pukka hats is. Are they comfortable? Well made? I really like some of the Executive line, and thought that when I ask my parents for some golf clothes this summer, I would pick one up. If you do not like them, any other recommendations? I just really need a solid, decent looking, long lasting cap.

Last edited:
I can not speak to the durability of them just yet but from what I can tell they are very well made and in my opinion could very well be one of the more comfortable hats I have worn. And the one I have has great ventilation since 3/4 of the hat is like that webbing material so it seems to keep my head fairly cool which I like.

THP had a bunch of Pukka hats made a while ago, even sold them in the store if I remember right. So if THP had them, then they're legit.

Love Pukka caps. AND they gave away a bunch of them at the Spring outing last year (I am guessing they did it for the others?)

How would I go about ordering one with some of their custom options? Would I contact them, saying what I wanted, and work with them to build a hat?

I would guess so Jacob, but you do know that the THP caps in the store are Pukka caps? I think there's only one color left.

I would guess so Jacob, but you do know that the THP caps in the store are Pukka caps? I think there's only one color left.

I know, and they look great, but the Argyle does not work for me.

They are nice I liked the stretch fit. solid colors are the best. Good luck in chosing

The argyle in the THP hats is very, very subtle. I love pukka hats, I have about 5 of them now. Extremely light weight, extremely comfortable and I've seen zero durability issues with any of them.

Pukka makes top notch hats....their stretch fit ones are some of the most comfy hats ever

How would I go about ordering one with some of their custom options? Would I contact them, saying what I wanted, and work with them to build a hat?

You dont. You must order minimums to order customs from Pukka.

The argyle in the THP hats is very, very subtle. I love pukka hats, I have about 5 of them now. Extremely light weight, extremely comfortable and I've seen zero durability issues with any of them.

Thank you.

Thank you.

No worries. I find this thread odd, especially given the relationship that THP and Pukka have had ever since I've been on this forum. I think this thread is the epitome of skimming.

You dont. You must order minimums to order customs from Pukka.

Oh, okay. I was afraid of that. Bummer.

I've got over 15 Pukka made hats and love them. They are one of most comfortable hats that I have worn. Pukka hats are very well made and hold up really nice.

I was playing The Oconee last week at Reynolds Plantation and green & yellow (Masters theme) hat caught my eye looking around in pro shop. I turned it over and sure enough it was a Pukka hat. I had to have it!

I just happened to look through a bunch of their styles and patterns and i think they look pretty sweet!

I've got over 15 Pukka made hats and love them. They are one of most comfortable hats that I have worn. Pukka hats are very well made and hold up really nice.

I was playing The Oconee last week at Reynolds Plantation and green & yellow (Masters theme) hat caught my eye looking around in pro shop. I turned it over and sure enough it was a Pukka hat. I had to have it!

What size fitted hat do you wear if I may be so bold to ask? The reason being is I have what I feel is a little larger hear then some as I wear a 7 1/2 fitted hat. I have lots of problems buying hats that fit properly. now that being said when the Nike TW hats first came out the flex-fit hats the L/XL fit perfectly, also i have many Titleist older Prov1 hats w/ the stop n drop on the side and they have the adjustable clasp on the back. what seems to be an issue for me is most hats are too shallow like from ear to top of head. I bought a brand new Titleist trucker flex-fit style and it was a L/XL and sometimes I wonder if it's kids L/XL as it didn't even come close to fitting. So it's very hard buying hats online paying 20-30 dollars then getting the hat and finding out you need to sell it and no one wants to buy a hat from an individual and pay the same price you paid and that's not even adding in the shipping costs. LOL.

What size fitted hat do you wear if I may be so bold to ask? The reason being is I have what I feel is a little larger hear then some as I wear a 7 1/2 fitted hat. I have lots of problems buying hats that fit properly. now that being said when the Nike TW hats first came out the flex-fit hats the L/XL fit perfectly, also i have many Titleist older Prov1 hats w/ the stop n drop on the side and they have the adjustable clasp on the back. what seems to be an issue for me is most hats are too shallow like from ear to top of head. I bought a brand new Titleist trucker flex-fit style and it was a L/XL and sometimes I wonder if it's kids L/XL as it didn't even come close to fitting. So it's very hard buying hats online paying 20-30 dollars then getting the hat and finding out you need to sell it and no one wants to buy a hat from an individual and pay the same price you paid and that's not even adding in the shipping costs. LOL.

I'm not sure what fitted hat size I wear so that won't help you at all.

I wear a S/M in Pukka but I wear L/XL in Travis Mathew flex-fit hat. I don't know what to tell you!

I absolutely HATE the fact that Pukka cant sell club hats on their website. I understand the licensing agreement, its just their hats are so awesome but their orange and black scheme is a little bleh. I have an orange and black hat already.

I wish they still made pukka caps that werent black and orange, like the ones they customize for other clubs. It just sucks.

Just picked one up off eBay.

You've just been tapatalked by Ford!

Any thought of more THP pukka hats coming out?

Any thought of more THP pukka hats coming out?

We just had new hats come out for our Albatross Club from Pukka (still available).
The next item is of course the limited edition Putter Cover that ships very soon and is available for pre-order.

Back