Odyssey Putters 2012

Good to see positive comments on these. I will hopefully get a chance to try these, the #7 in particular, in the next couple of weeks.

I need to find a #7

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

The only thing I wish is that they had a metal x dart in backstryke. That would be my perfect putter.

I'm not gonna let all Nome lovers have all the fun:

Spoiler

4434f685-87b9-f39e.jpg

Spoiler

4434f685-87a0-5d95.jpg

Spoiler

4434f685-87c8-e203.jpg

Spoiler

4434f685-87da-3b56.jpg

Spoiler

4434f685-87e8-ddef.jpg

Spoiler

4434f685-87f9-539b.jpg

Spoiler

4434f685-8805-832d.jpg

Awesome putter tgtt. I wont lie that putter had me pondering as I like the insert in it a lot more then in my DART. I have 3 or 4 putters that I can grab out of my collection and game any time and that is one of them. If you dont go Nome this is an excellent choice I think.

Nice tgtt, I came so close to pulling the trigger on the 7. The new metal x lineup is legit.

The DART alignment system is awesome. That insert is awesome. Therefore, that is an awesome putter. I would game that sucker in a heart beat.

Good looking putter tgtt! I almost bought that yesterday....they had one in the proshop at my club and I took it out on the practice green and I made everything I looked at with it!!

I just had to keep telling myself that I would get to order it in a couple of weeks for the Morgan Cup.....but it was tough to put it up.

That is an awesome putter man and it is without a doubt the putter I will be gaming in the upcoming MC.

I stroked these last week at the PGA Superstore and they feel and roll great. Much better feel than their white inserts and they look beautiful. I was surprised by the MX8 as I never have seen anything like it from Odyssey before. I rolled two 25 footers and then lipped out a third with my first 3 putts with this. The other guy in the putting area looked over at me with a "you got to be kidding me" look. Naturally I acted like that was normal for me and casually put the putter back on the rack. I never expected that I would like or get good results from a heel shafted small blade like that. Makes me wonder about a putter fitting as I have always used a heel/toe weighted blade with a plumbers neck. I just picked up my current putter and was in the store looking for headcover/grip but I was tempted to bring it in and see what kind of trade in I could get. This putter will be in the back of my mind for awhile now since it felt that 'right'. Great job Odyssey on bringing anothr great putter line to market.

I went to buy some golf balls today and while I was there I finally got to roll a Metal X putter. The only ones they had in left handed were the number 1 and the 2 ball, so I rolled the 2 ball, but before I did I looked at both the Metal-X Dart and the number 7, I have to say that the DART is just dead sexy and will be my MC putter.
Now, I started rolling putts with the 2 ball and the insert just felt amazing, and the putts certainly did roll true. I made 3 in a row from over 20 feet, I think those greens funnel to the hole, but the speed control is what I was truly impressed with. I think Callaway really has a winner on their hands with this putter line, and I can't wait to roll it.

I rolled the Metal X Rossie last week comparing it to the same model White Ice from last year and the face definetly felt better on this years. I almost pulled the trigger on it. Im pondering it hard right now.

I went to buy some golf balls today and while I was there I finally got to roll a Metal X putter. The only ones they had in left handed were the number 1 and the 2 ball, so I rolled the 2 ball, but before I did I looked at both the Metal-X Dart and the number 7, I have to say that the DART is just dead sexy and will be my MC putter.
Now, I started rolling putts with the 2 ball and the insert just felt amazing, and the putts certainly did roll true. I made 3 in a row from over 20 feet, I think those greens funnel to the hole, but the speed control is what I was truly impressed with. I think Callaway really has a winner on their hands with this putter line, and I can't wait to roll it.

Good choice dude. I want the Dart Backstryke bad. I really like the alignment aid.

I rolled the Metal X #7 today and man I was draining stuff from all over the green inside GG. Im glad I finally started missing some putts or I might have had to leave with it. Its a very good putter and if I wasnt happy with the Nome it would be on my radar.

I rolled the Metal X #7 today and man I was draining stuff from all over the green inside GG. Im glad I finally started missing some putts or I might have had to leave with it. Its a very good putter and if I wasnt happy with the Nome it would be on my radar.

The nome won't be there long. The OG #7 was great, with the new insert it is amazing.

--
Tapatalk2

The nome won't be there long. The OG #7 was great, with the new insert it is amazing.

--
Tapatalk2

haha dude I think Odyssey hit a honerun with that metal X insert, its freaking good.

I was thinking ProType 7 but as well as I have been rolling my blade putter lately I am leaning toward just sticking with a blade putter. Maybe going with the Protype blade style.

haha dude I think Odyssey hit a honerun with that metal X insert, its freaking good.

Can I get an amen!

--
Tapatalk2

Nice choice my handsome Canadian compadre! I have decided that will be my MC putter as well! And I know what you mean aboot the greens at Golf Super stores....when I was at Golfsmith Extreme last week the have a huge putting green and I was making 35 footers! They do something to attract the balls..lol

Of all the putters I have tried, the Metal X 7 is by far my favorite. I just can't find one in 34 and I wouldn't mind trying the 33. I actually hoped I wouldn't like it, I was determined to get a Betti or NC.......Metal X 7 it shall be, I hate its look though.

ETA: I absolutely love the smaller head of the 7.

Reckon there might be some of these in the Morgan Cup.

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

That dog looks excited. Nice looking putter right there. Ugly as sin but flat out works.

This kmac loves a mallet

Tapatalk

That dog looks excited. Nice looking putter right there. Ugly as sin but flat out works.

LOL at the oxymoron.

Kmac, nice putter! I've been hawkpondering a lefty #7 myself.

Nice Kmac! I think that will be my MC putter

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Back