Blade vs. Mid-Mallet

polarisdude94

golf junky
Reaction score
Handicap
I have a never compromise GM2 Exchange #8 and i really like it, i also have a cleveland classic brz #2, which I also like. I like both of them so much, but I think I am going to go with my blade. I feel like I get better distance control with the blade, anyone else feel this way?

I'm a mid-mallet guy, and don't play well with blades but thats why they make different styles for our different games.

I think it is all a personal feel and choice. I have never putted as well with a blade (distance or accuracy-wise) as I do with a mid-mallet. Putters are the most personal choice in golf, which is why there are 10000 designs :act-up:

I never liked a blade until I got my current putter. Something about it just feels right to me.

Tapatalk keeps me sane.

I putt well with both.

After having a blade for almost my entire golfing career, i switched to a mid mallet after realizing it gave me better control from longer distances

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Mallets for me. I like the look at address and I like the built in forgiveness many mallets possess.

I'm a blade user all the way. I would rather use a mini golf putter than a mid mallet, mallet or other non-blade style putters. It's just personal preference but I am much better with my direction and distance control when using a blade style putter.

I personally like the looks of a blade but I find that I putt a little better with a mid-mallet. I find it easier to lag putt with a mid-mallet because you dont need to hit the ball quite as hard to get it to the hole and I also find that on off-center hits the ball doesnt go off-line as much as it would with a blade.

After starting with a blade and moving to a mid-mallet, my preference by far in the mallet from set up to results.

I like the mallet. Feels better on the slightly slower greens I play on most of the time. With a blade, I get a tendency to try to hit the ball, instead of the smooth stroke I attempt with my mallet.

I've used both over the years but have had a blade design for most of the last decade and currently have a blade that I love. I just like the look of smaller heads.

I have been using a Cameron Red X (mid mallet ) for sometime and have been considering a blade putter .... Just looking for one with the right feel to it .

I'm a blade guy and always have been. My feeling on putters, though, is that you should use whatever is most comfortable for you and whatever makes the ball go in the hole. I'd putt with a crocked tree branch if it made the ball go in the hole more often. Making putts makes any putter beautiful!

I am a blade guy, the less visual of the putter I have during my putt the better. I find the extra aesthetics behind the putter are just a distraction to me. Next putter for me will be a blade.

I am a blade guy, the less visual of the putter I have during my putt the better. I find the extra aesthetics behind the putter are just a distraction to me. Next putter for me will be a blade.

That was always my thinking too, but I would really like to give that TM Ghost mid-mallet a roll.

I have always used a blade and really like it. I should mention though that often times the mid mallets are not available for us lefties.

I've always used a blade, but on a whim after rolling a mallet, specifically a cleveland classic #2 for 5 min at golf galaxy I told my fiance she could get me the #2 for my bday. So far with 2 9 hole trips under my belt my putting has never been better.

I prefer blade putters although the Corsa Ghost is fantastic for me at 10 feet and in. I couldn't hit anything outside of that. I developed a lot of confidence in an Anser style putter and I like to stick with that style.

I'm a mid-mallet guy, and don't play well with blades but thats why they make different styles for our different games.

x2. I love mallets and especially mid mallets. Blades just feel to weak for me. I feel like I have to smash it to get it there, ya know?

I agree with many of you that it is just a personal choice depending on what feels the best to you. I rolled a mid-mallet for a long time and thought it was ok, but I didn't have very good distance control. Before last season I tried a few scotty cameron putters because I liked the feel of them, and I ended up going with a blade. I have noticed a huge improvement in my lag putts since I switched to a blade. Part of it I think is due to the feel of the Scotty Cameron putters, but I tried some of the mid-mallet SC putters and the blade just seemed to feel the best to me.

Back