NHL 2011-2012 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
What. A. Save.

Check out Shanahan's interview:

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.p...thought_a_fool_than_to_speak_out_and_remove_/

“I asked (everyone),” Shanahan told USA TODAY Sports, “Did you ever sit in a dressing room in the playoffs, and say, ‘I was going to play this one straight tonight, but Shea Weber didn’t get suspended so I’m going to go to a completely different planet and go off the rails?’”
Shanahan, in his first season as the NHL’s supplemental discipline guru, doesn’t believe there is any link between his Weber decision and the wild first round that has resulted in him handing out nine suspensions, including a 25-game suspension to the Phoenix Coyotes’ Raffi Torres on Saturday.
“It’s a convenient theory after the fact,” Shanahan said. “We don’t think people are way off base to think it should have been a one-game suspension because we considered that.

“If you look at analogies from society’s legal system, there are penalties for conspiracy to commit murder that aren’t as severe as the penalties for murder,” Shanahan said.

Aside from Hank moving it with his stick, I'd have a hard time disagreeing with you. I do agree with them that it wasn't exactly conclusive though.

Completely agree. That's where common sense needs to come into play, though I know they can never use that as a reason.

Mike Smith standing on his head.

I guess I am the only one not THAT impressed by Mike Smith. He has made solid saves, no doubt about it, but everyone losing their mind on the Morrison save.. He slid across with the pass in desperation to make a save, and Morrison shot it directly into his sprawled pad. Didn't pick the corner (which was open) and didn't raise the puck (which 80% of the net was there)..

A very strong desperation save, but it was more the execution of Morrison than the greatness of Smith.

I guess I am the only one not THAT impressed by Mike Smith. He has made solid saves, no doubt about it, but everyone losing their mind on the Morrison save.. He slid across with the pass in desperation to make a save, and Morrison shot it directly into his sprawled pad. Didn't pick the corner (which was open) and didn't raise the puck (which 80% of the net was there)..

A very strong desperation save, but it was more the execution of Morrison than the greatness of Smith.

I just think he is very positionally sound tonight. Nothing amazing, just being where he needs to be and pucks are hitting him. The Hawks have had a lot of chances, but it's not like he is making Hasek like saves out there robbing people of goals left and right. Just having a really good night positionally and being in the right spots. At least that's how I see it, which is why I say standing on his head because he's been sound and not making mistakes.

I just think he is very positionally sound tonight. Nothing amazing, just being where he needs to be and pucks are hitting him. The Hawks have had a lot of chances, but it's not like he is making Hasek like saves out there robbing people of goals left and right. Just having a really good night positionally and being in the right spots. At least that's how I see it, which is why I say standing on his head because he's been sound and not making mistakes.

Yeah, he's definitely been where he needed to be.. I just look at that chance, and the chance for Toews when he undressed the D last period and tried to go five hole.. Just doesn't seem like the Hawks are putting the puck where they want it to go.

Need to start putting it in the back soon or else they're gone.

Terrible hit by Hayes. 5 and a game misconduct. That boy will be suspended.

Tap Tap Taparoo

Hayes shouldn't have finished that hit, but I missed the days when players didn't shield themselves on the puck around the boards with their backs turned. Rozsival could have easily made a play on that puck while anticipating a hit which was obviously coming. So tired of seeing that.

Nail in the coffin. That was the dagger and I dont mean Chelsea Dagger.

Tap Tap Taparoo

4-0. Beat the traffic Blackhawk fans

Tap Tap Taparoo

Hayes shouldn't have finished that hit, but I missed the days when players didn't shield themselves on the puck around the boards with their backs turned. Rozsival could have easily made a play on that puck while anticipating a hit which was obviously coming. So tired of seeing that.

I agree. I mean, what ever happened to skating into the board on angles that are not 90*?

This series is over.

I dont watch much hockey during the regular season being im from new orleans and the only ice i know is in a drink, but during the playoffs I watch and it is beyond exciting.......I still dont have a favorite team though.need some help with that.....coyotes are putting some work in on the hawks. sorry chicago fans.

dutchysc
Coyotes-preds...blues-kings in the west!

Going with

Preds-Kings = Preds Cup final

Doesn't surprise me in the least.. That said, I doubt it's a blockbuster, considering the contract and his event disappointments

Tapatalking from my iPhone

Doesn't surprise me in the least.. That said, I doubt it's a blockbuster, considering the contract and his event disappointments

Tapatalking from my iPhone

Oh, for sure. They'd probably have to sweeten the pot to get rid of that contract.

This summer just got interesting.

I don't see anyone making a huge splash for him. I'm sure he'll end up somewhere, but I just don't see who's going to give up a lot to get him, especially with his recent playoff history. Don't get me wrong I think he's a great player, and right now I'd take him on the Avs, but there's no way I'd give up young talent for him. Maybe 1 and a prospect, but I'm guessing the Nucks will want more.

dutchysc
Coyotes-preds...blues-kings in the west!

We ALL saw this coming at the start of the season. Mike Smith. Phenomenal. Quick. A wall. Rinne. When on, unbeatable. Tandem of Elliott and Halak. 15 shutouts for the season, Elliott an All-Star.

These are going to be awesome games. The Preds scare the crap out of me, because of the slobber knockers them and the Blues have played for years.

Luongo said he understands if Canucks want to go forward with # 35. If he was GM, he'd probably do the same and go with Cory.. He also stated #35 will be one of the best goalies for the next 10-15 years

Very quiet in here tonight. I figured Dev would be all up in here as the Devils win in OT to force a Game 7. I hope everything's okay.

He's tweeting madness haha.. Said he may have broken his iPhone..

Seriously though.. 13 shots for Florida in reg? That's awful.

Haha I don't follow him. Yeah Florida was bad tonight.

What day will the second round start? First round ends Thursday I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back