Cleveland 588 Wedges - Everything You Need To Know

Yes and no Dev. My clubs are in my truck which stays in town. Wear is mostly right around the leading edge and course the sole, except for one spot where I hit the toe. If you're the slightest bit worried about aesthetic wear go satin.

--
Tapatalk2

Yes and no Dev. My clubs are in my truck which stays in town. Wear is mostly right around the leading edge and course the sole, except for one spot where I hit the toe. If you're the slightest bit worried about aesthetic wear go satin.

--
Tapatalk2

I'm not sure about it. I have never owned anything in black pearl so it is hard to judge for me. Dang it. Why do they have to have so many choices!

Haha, its a nice problem to have. These are the first black pearls I've had and I like how the black pearl wears in.

--
Tapatalk2

Haha, its a nice problem to have. These are the first black pearls I've had and I like how the black pearl wears in.

--
Tapatalk2

When you get a second would you mind take a pic or 2 and PMing them to me?

When you get a second would you mind take a pic or 2 and PMing them to me?

Sure, it'll be Tuesday though. That too long?

--
Tapatalk2

Sure, it'll be Tuesday though. That too long?

--
Tapatalk2

No it should be fine. I am in no rush to spend alot of money..haha

Dev, I have a BP CG11 that I used for a couple of years. Some pretty good wear. I can take some pics tomorrow if you remind me too.

Dev, the darker wedge is a BP CG15 after quite a bit of use. Other one is a brand new 588 in satin.

DSCN0346-L.jpg

DSCN0347-L.jpg

DSCN0348-L.jpg

DSCN0350-L.jpg

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Just a quick question. I had bought two 588 wedges, but Cleveland have come back saying they won't bend the wedges upright due to the forging or something. However, they will with the Black Pearl version. Is there any difference in quality if I went for the BP?

What finish are the wedges?

Tappin!

Just a quick question. I had bought two 588 wedges, but Cleveland have come back saying they won't bend the wedges upright due to the forging or something. However, they will with the Black Pearl version. Is there any difference in quality if I went for the BP?

Also, is there a major benefit with the TC shaft over the spinner? Thanks

Also, is there a major benefit with the TC shaft over the spinner? Thanks

If you bought chrome wedges, there is a chance of cracking of the finish with major bending.
As to the TC shaft, I would recommend listening to the 1st link in the 1st post of this thread.

If you bought chrome wedges, there is a chance of cracking of the finish with major bending.
As to the TC shaft, I would recommend listening to the 1st link in the 1st post of this thread.

The radio shows don't work for me :(

The radio shows don't work for me :(

If you click the download button you should have no issues downloading them to any device or even your computer.

If you click the download button you should have no issues downloading them to any device or even your computer.

Thanks JB. Insightful

I had spinners in my CG15's and now the Tour Concept in the 588's. Both of them are pretty similar in my experience. The TC is a little lighter.

So i'm about to order a new 588 Custom 60*. I can't decide if I will benefit from a custom grind or not. I've read read up on grinds some, but it's still unclear to me how they will effect the actual shot. Considering this will be the club I use out from 50 yards in, sand, rough, fairway, chipping, etc. What is the most versatile option?

So i'm about to order a new 588 Custom 60*. I can't decide if I will benefit from a custom grind or not. I've read read up on grinds some, but it's still unclear to me how they will effect the actual shot. Considering this will be the club I use out from 50 yards in, sand, rough, fairway, chipping, etc. What is the most versatile option?

The heel/toe grind is going to be similar to your CG15. I had the 15's before the 588's and honestly haven't noticed a difference. The sole is versatile for me and I think it's better on full shots.

The heel/toe grind is going to be similar to your CG15. I had the 15's before the 588's and honestly haven't noticed a difference. The sole is versatile for me and I think it's better on full shots.

Awesome, thanks! Also, it seems most people are liking the TC shaft in theirs. Is there any case to be made to having the same shaft as my irons? (KBS Tour)

I don't really think so, but that's just me. I think it's as good a shaft as I've ever had in a wedge. Again, it's really nice on full shots, but I can keep the ball really low if needed.

At this point, I don't know what else I can even say about the 588's. Stupidly good wedges. The ability to flight the ball on partial shots is just so easy for me. I have more confidence inside 80 yards than I do anywhere else on the course right now. Really pleased with the lofts I went with. I have pretty much figured out exactly which wedge I'm pulling from different spots at this point.

great video JB love the look of it

Played my first round with just the 50 degree and I like it so far. Checked up pretty well on some hard hard greens so I feel with more work this will be the money club.

Back