Basements - My Secret Love

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying that obviously GG and I do not have a basement. It would be under water where we live. We do have "basement storage" in the Tour Van, but not exactly the same thing. I have lived in many areas of the country and have grown so fond of these rooms and want one in a bad way.

Probably not enough to leave paradise mind you, but secretly for 2 months each year (middle of summer), I think about the urge to have that extra room below the ground.

Golf room with simulator? If not, what would you do with the space? Entertainment room? Man cave?

• Admin
Golf room with simulator? If not, what would you do with the space? Entertainment room? Man cave?

I have had 3 in my adult life. One was man cave (which GG would definitely embrace for football). The 2nd was a golf room. The 3rd was a movie theater. Not sure what we would do with one, but if we had one here, it would have to be an aquarium since it would be in the water.

I think even a basement would be hot here in the summer. Plus there's just something about basements that creeps me out in a pulp fiction kinda way.

--
Tapatalk2

Wife that embraces the man cave = winning!

Agreed that it would be cool to have that space which is truly separate in a sense and not just another room of the house.

• Admin
I think even a basement would be hot here in the summer. Plus there's just something about basements that creeps me out in a pulp fiction kinda way.

--
Tapatalk2

You been watching Bullfrog again? hehe

• Admin
Wife that embraces the man cave = winning!

Agreed that it would be cool to have that space which is truly separate in a sense and not just another room of the house.

I have yet to meet a woman that likes football as much as her.

• Admin
Yeah, when I lived in Denver years ago, I loved my basement....had a pool table and a kegerator in it.

You don't get basements in Texas either....we have storm cellars...and they arent under the house, they are in the back yard...LOL

We had a basement growing up, man I miss that thing. Pool table, full bar, pingpong and two tv's. The couch made out into a bed and we had a shower down there, so I pretty much hid down there year round.

I saw that too. I want one...hehe

It would be way up on the wow scale for certain. I would love to see the finished product. Sure you could do it easily in the highlands, but then you'd have to live there and that would suck.

--
Tapatalk2

You been watching Bullfrog again? hehe

Mine is more of Silence Of The Lamb scary!!!!! Lol I love my basement. It's a cool 60* year round. Even in winter.

There's gotta be a way to do it... maybe a foot thick wall of rubber around the concrete?

my brothers "basement" isnt really a basement... its actually the first floor of his house but from the front its not visible
the front door goes directly to the 2nd level... the back yard is "basement" level
looks like a 2 story in front and a 3 story behind lol

i guess you can try that in florida... just get a 3 story and use the first level as a basement

thats strange attics are my secret love.....

its funny i have a finished basement with a bar and everything but i NEVER go down there unless im doing laundry or grabbing supplies from my golf corner.

I miss my basement. The one I had in Milwaukee had high enough ceilings for a full swing. A mat, a net & foam balls helped with getting through the winters. Now, in TX, no basements but also no real winters to worry about.

There's gotta be a way to do it... maybe a foot thick wall of rubber around the concrete?

Non-cellulous foam would be cheaper if it was coated. The method in the link above looks solid, expensive but solid. The problem would lie with the a/c system but if you went with a Mitsubishi comfort zone that problem would be somewhat solved.

--
Tapatalk2

I love my basement. It's a good place to hang out. And it's all mine. Nobody else goes in for the most part.

I have my man cave and it is my sanctuary. Luckily, we bought this house and it already had a bar with plumbing ran to it, so that is taken care of once I start doing the renovation. I can't wait to do my remodel and have people over to party down there.

Im in my basement right now. Best place in the summer. Its cool, dark, its the perfect place to be naked.

I've never not had a basement. It's a great place to store crap, and in the winters, it's extra space to heat. This could be the most random thread dude. Are you just wanting a basement or longing for one? LOL

What an odd thread, I like basements but I'm fine if I don't have one as well. I'd rather have a crawl space with a first and second level, then a basement with just a first level.

Back