In the market for new set of Irons

I'll nod to you then Chunky. To be honest, I don't know much about them, other than everyone seems to love them. Yesterday took a few swats with a G20. That's the only Ping club I've ever hit.

Kevin

Driver or iron? I think someone as good as you would love the i20's man

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Driver. I was pondering TC's in the for sale forum. People keep telling me that about the i20s. It interests me, but I'm probably looking at having to buy my daughter some stuff in the near future, and I'm happy with my set up at this point.

Kevin

Driver. I was pondering TC's in the for sale forum. People keep telling me that about the i20s. It interests me, but I'm probably looking at having to buy my daughter some stuff in the near future, and I'm happy with my set up at this point.

Kevin

How about $200 and you pay for shipping?

Yeah it doesn't look too thick. But That's just from seeing pictures online. My concern is that these game improvement clubs tend to balloon in the air. I already hit high because of my swing, I'm afraid I'll balloon it with those.
I guess I gotta run to the store to try some irons. Thanks for the input Kevin.

Most of that can be fixed with shaft. The CB's are not really a game improvement. They're not much bigger than Titleist CB's, which being that you have Titleist now, have you looked at the AP2's? Top line isn't overly big, but offers a fair amount of forgiveness, but just as much workability as a blade basically. Last year's 710 models should be around the $650 mark.

How about $200 and you pay for shipping?

lol. Dude, I didn't it hit too well, and my daughter thinks she wants a 910D2. I'm sure there's another lefty here that need that club.

Kevin

lol. Dude, I didn't it hit too well, and my daughter thinks she wants a 910D2. I'm sure there's another lefty here that need that club.

Kevin

hahaha, I'm trying to bait you!

OP, sorry for getting off topic. I reckon you should get some 588's. The CB's. They look so good in person and they're forged.

Kevin

Sorry for OT but dude you rock as a dad.

TC that is a fantastic suggestion. Another good one would be the Ci11's

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I think I'm going to live in a golf shop this weekend to try all these. Thanks for the recommendations guys.

Yeah, let me know about those.
You don't like em?

Love em..getting the j40's.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Do yourself a favor, try the Bridgestone J40 DPCs. Phenomenal irons.

Taylormade cb irons are nice and on sale now

Okay. I tested some irons this weekend after posting this thread. These are my top 5. (I just have to pick one that's not going to break my piggy bank!)

1. Nike VR Pro Combo
2. TaylorMade R9 TP
3. Mizuno MP-523
4. Titleist 712 CB
5. Cleveland 588 Combo

Unfortunately, GS didn't have the Bridgestones J40s. I really wanted to try them. Oh well...

Nike VR Pro Combo seems perfect for me because with the Split Cavity, Pocket Cavity and full blades, those three actually work together well. I didn't have to swing out of my shoes to get it up in the air but still get good distance.

Comparison between my 690. MBs vs the Nike Combo
6 Iron: t*t-166 yards, Nike-172
3 Iron: t*t-198 yards, Nike-203
7 thru PW was very similar. Nike maybe had 1-2 more on average.

And the price isn't too bad. I can find an open box set for about $600. I never dreamt of using Nike irons... this is interesting.

Check out the forum testing thread on the Pro Combo. So much good info there on just about everything you need to know about those beauties.

Check out the forum testing thread on the Pro Combo. So much good info there on just about everything you need to know about those beauties.

Yeah. i did a lot of research on them. So far, Pro combo is the best for me but I'm still going to try the J40s before I make my final decision.

Taylormade CB,s.I just got them from 3balls Golf they were $350.00 They are great,nice forged feel and nice forgiveness too.Not a G.I. iron by any means,I would say G.E. Nice spin too,more than I expected.

Taylormade CB,s.I just got them from 3balls Golf they were $350.00 They are great,nice forged feel and nice forgiveness too.Not a G.I. iron by any means,I would say G.E. Nice spin too,more than I expected.

Forged feel!? I must be missing out because my irons feel amazing, but are cast. I wonder how amazing this "forged feel" must be.

+1, just got these, love them. Great prices, got mine from GlobalGolf. Traded in my old stuff. Maybe could have gotten $50 more selling myself, but this was easier.

After you guys mentioned the TM CB, I tried them out last night. Ok... pretty awesome! That's my #2 choice now. Maybe even tied with the Nike VR Pro Combo.
Feels pretty good off the face, miss hits will immediately give you feedback, the top line is thin enough to give me comfort. I'dsay better than the 710/712 CBs.
So it comes down to the price. TM CB open box set for $350 or Nike's for $470... hmmm

I know you have a short list already, but have you tried the callaway razr x forged? I had a similar set of requirements to you and they were my choice in the end. I love the project x flighted shafts they come with as standard.

After you guys mentioned the TM CB, I tried them out last night. Ok... pretty awesome! That's my #2 choice now. Maybe even tied with the Nike VR Pro Combo.
Feels pretty good off the face, miss hits will immediately give you feedback, the top line is thin enough to give me comfort. I'dsay better than the 710/712 CBs.
So it comes down to the price. TM CB open box set for $350 or Nike's for $470... hmmm

Wow $350 is a no-brainer, for me at least! BUT, If your top choice is the nikes, you will be better of getting what you want instead of whats convenient now, no regrets!

I know you have a short list already, but have you tried the callaway razr x forged? I had a similar set of requirements to you and they were my choice in the end. I love the project x flighted shafts they come with as standard.

razr x is on the pricey side no? 800+?

Yes, sorry, completely ignored the budget.

Wow $350 is a no-brainer, for me at least! BUT, If your top choice is the nikes, you will be better of getting what you want instead of whats convenient now, no regrets!

I might have to hit those two again to make my final decision. But I don't think i could go wrong with either. I'm just glad I narrowed it down.

Yes, sorry, completely ignored the budget.

Unless I can find an used set with minimal usage. If that number can be in the 600s... maybe.

I might have to hit those two again to make my final decision. But I don't think i could go wrong with either. I'm just glad I narrowed it down.

that's always a great position to be in, I'm pretty sure if your local dealer knows you are serious about getting either, they will let you test them extensively like at the range and this should help you!

Back