Coming To You - The THP Tour Van

Seeing Savannah and Nashville leaves me with some possibilities if I wake up early and leave late. Should be fun

No cities have been named yet JR.
The sept calendar is still original and has not been updated.

LMAO, I feel like a dufus now.

No cities have been named yet JR.
The sept calendar is still original and has not been updated.

I forgot to mention, Central Oregon is a "high desert" and is about 3,500' in elevation. Average September high = ~80* & low humidity. VERY COMFORTABLE.

Golf balls fly far.

I'm pretty excited to see where the The Rangefinder will be visiting - tough choices! A lot of quality THP'ers have tossed their city in the hat here. Should be fun.

Here’s why you want to spend $1360 in gas (2654 miles, 8 MPG at $4.10/gal) to travel to the Central Coast of California. In this region you’re going to find some of the best golf courses in the world. Obviously there’s Pebble Beach and Spyglass Hill, but for the average hacker there is some great golf a few hours south in the San Luis Obispo/Santa Barbara area. They can be played in the $40-$90 range some offer the Pacific views Pebble or the challenge of Spyglass. The area has great locally farmed foods and amazing wine, especially if you’re a pinot fan. It would be the perfect local for THP’ers from NoCal and SoCal for a get together. You don’t have to worry about the weather, average temperature is 74 degrees in September and 0.1” of rainfall.

Here’s a short list of some of the course you could play as you travel up the coast;

Sandpiper http://www.sandpipergolf.com/

La Purisima http://www.lapurisimagolf.com/

Cypress Ridge http://www.cypressridge.com/

Hunter Ranch http://www.hunterranchgolf.com/

img_1271105109_775_lg.jpg
(Sandpiper)

California is also very dog friendly. So Ellie and Duke will have plenty of things to do. My two dogs would be happy to show them around.

Oh, and for the $1360 in gas to get back, don’t worry about that you won’t want to leave.

I would be hard pressed to disagree with anything that Schanker has said. While the Central Coast of California might be a little off the beaten path, you can't beat it for scenery, climate, quality golf and central location (for bridging Nor/So Cal). I can envision the first THP West Coast gathering, featuring fun, camaraderie and the THP Tour van! Hope to see you guys in September!

I forgot to mention, Central Oregon is a "high desert" and is about 3,500' in elevation. Average September high = ~80* & low humidity. VERY COMFORTABLE.

Golf balls fly far.

Denver is the "high plains" 5280' and golf balls fly VERY far. And, it is on the way to the NW.

Denver is the "high plains" 5280' and golf balls fly VERY far. And, it is on the way to the NW.

I like the sound of that! Please tell me the highs in the summer are mid 70's and im moving lol.

Fancy pictures are all these guys have to offer?? This is home of TheDue, Huskers football, home to Kool-Aid, along with the center of America very close to where we live and this:

05twine2.jpg

The worlds largest ball of twine. Lets see anyone top that one!!!

World's_Largest_Chair,_Anniston,_Alabama.jpg

Worlds largest chair.

Marietta Georgia offers The Big Chicken, a landmark since 1956. One more great reason to come to Georgia.

10810-3.jpg

Marietta Georgia offers The Big Chicken, a landmark since 1956. One more great reason to come to Georgia.

10810-3.jpg

But inside is it not just a KFC? I mean who doesnt love teh colonel, but I am pretty sure there is better chicken in GA right?

Damn you OG. We love donuts and I have had Voodoo and they are excellent.

I now have a craving for a doughnut with bacon on it.

Never had a Voodoo Doughnut. I now want one.

OG, is making a pretty strong pacific northwest case and I love it. You also have a very very strong pacific Northwest group of THP'ers that would all make the trip no matter which city in the PNW you guys choose in the end.

OG, is making a pretty strong pacific northwest case and I love it. You also have a very very strong pacific Northwest group of THP'ers that would all make the trip no matter which city in the PNW you guys choose in the end.

I might make that trip after seeing those donuts

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Too bad this isn't August. Otherwise you could go see the PGA Championship. Then stop by Clemson before you go back.

Haha lets make this happen!

Im good with a road trip, September sounds like as good a time as ever.

Im good with a road trip, September sounds like as good a time as ever.

I might have to put the wife in a coma or something.

I might have to put the wife in a coma or something.

We are expecting our 2nd child on September 10th. We may need to wait til that next weekend to hit the road...haha.

We are expecting our 2nd child on September 10th. We may need to wait til that next weekend to hit the road...haha.

Double week long comas and my 8 year old can watch the other kids

Back