Clear Shield Club Protector

Frank Bullitt

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey Guys - I'm sure most of you know about this product, but if you don't, you should check out:

http://www.golfdiscount.com/charter-clear-shield-club-protector

The Clear Shield Club Protectors....these things are really easy to put on. I bought them when I got my new 910D2 and it's such a pretty driver that I wanted to take really good care of it. Also, since I was moving from a face that was wide from heel to toe, versus the 910D2 which is more pear shaped and wide from sole to crown, I wanted to make sure i didn't screw it up. I also put it on a FW wood that I was trying out, I hit a VERY nasty shot off the toe (it was a very uphill lie) and if I had not had this strip on I would have marked up the crown a bit....so, if you're a condition freak, or want to keep your new driver looking good, I recommend these highly....

FB

I was actually just searching the forum to see if there was more info after seeing you post that. I think they would be well worth the price especially with the price of clubs. Thanks Frank

I think these things are a great idea. Definitely protects your investment and if you choose to part with the club will kep its value.

I recently put the PUP (Pop Up Protector) on my J40 and it has saved me once thus far.

Other good thing is that I am not as nervous to let someone else hit balls with it.

I recently put the PUP (Pop Up Protector) on my J40 and it has saved me once thus far.

Other good thing is that I am not as nervous to let someone else hit balls with it.

I have used the PUP as well. I like the clear shield a little better because they are really clear, I forget they're there, I found the PUP to be a little cloudy, I could see it looking down at it, but, it's larger and offers more protection.

@ $399, and $249 x 2 for my new Titleist FW woods, spending $8 to give them a little protection seems like a good idea.

I can post a pic of my driver if someone is interested.

sure lets see it, as you would when you look down on it!
I have used the PUP as well. I like the clear shield a little better because they are really clear, I forget they're there, I found the PUP to be a little cloudy, I could see it looking down at it, but, it's larger and offers more protection.

@ $399, and $249 x 2 for my new Titleist FW woods, spending $8 to give them a little protection seems like a good idea.

I would be interested as well.

i'd rather take a couple less bucks in resale in a few years, than have to stare at a sticker on my clubhead for a few years

the $8 you pay for stickers may very well eat up all the difference in condition you hope to achieve

I wouldn't mind a pic or two either.

I will look into these for my new Callaway bombers!

You should post these pics up so we can see what it looks like!

Thanks!

not to highjack but has anyone buffed off an idiot mark?? wax? rubbing compound? toothpaste etc??

I use the clear shield as opposed to the PUP too. I moreso just don't like having to cut the PUP to a manageable size so it's not going halfway back the crown of my club. Plus clear shield puts more protectors in the package for a little less coin. Only downfall is that clear shield will peel back around the edges if not applies PERFECTLY. PUP sticks just a tad better and leaves a little less glue on when removed.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Please do post some pics of it. Thanks.

This is happening for sure!

Always use protection, kids!

Here is the protector looking down at it from address length....

pic1.jpg

And here is what it looks like up close......

pic2.jpg

not to highjack but has anyone buffed off an idiot mark?? wax? rubbing compound? toothpaste etc??

Nope they stick around like old battle scars which remind me of my crappy swing! I hate ruining a perfectly good club with the dreaded sky idiot marks! Luckily for me A nice sponge with dish on the white driver makes it less noticeable and some whiteout or testors paint makes it more presentable! not so lucky with the black clubs though. I may have to buy some of these protectors though but they remind me of those silly bumper covers on cars. Or grandma's old plastic on the sofas!

def good to use if you re sell your clubs on eBay

Good shots, thanks. I've ordered a couple.

I had these put on my VR-S woods before I left the store last month. The have definitely saved me from a few ugly marks.

Here is the protector looking down at it from address length....

pic1.jpg

And here is what it looks like up close......

pic2.jpg

That doesn't look too bad, I kind of like it. I may have to buy this if I buy new cleveland woods

I can hardly see it - too bad I got one mark on my new club - if I rub it with my finger it goes away kinda but then comes right back!!

Where does one buy these and has low international or UK postage
Thanks

Just tappin away

Back