2012 THP Demo Day - Equipment Thread

the drive in to GC is beautiful

I wonder....is there going to be a ball picker on the range for 8 straight hours? I imagine that 80 people can put their entire inventory of range balls out there pretty quickly.
And how many balls do you think the average person will hit? 300? 600? 1000?

I wonder....is there going to be a ball picker on the range for 8 straight hours? I imagine that 80 people can put their entire inventory of range balls out there pretty quickly.
And how many balls do you think the average person will hit? 300? 600? 1000?
It all depends on how you approach it and what you are looking to see when you demo a club. I can tell you this, if you go out Chunky-style and hit 1000 balls, you will be in some pain.

my question is, who is going to be Chunkylover this year and just stay out and hit ball after ball. That guy had to hit 1000 shots last year

Most of mine will be short enough that I can pick them back up myself.

Are you saying all those HOTD videos were altered??? I have seen you hit the ball quite far in those videos.

But that's on dry Texas ground, not the lushness that is Grand Cypress! :D

But that's on dry Texas ground, not the lushness that is Grand Cypress! :D
Plus, the sand doesnt offer much rollout in these courses...

There are 100+ traps on the New Course, Cookie. Excited?

Plus, the sand doesnt offer much rollout in these courses...

There are 100+ traps on the New Course, Cookie. Excited?

Heck yes! 9AM tee time or something on Thursday. Which means at sun up, you will find me learning how to hit out of the sand. Ha

c6e4ea48-9aa8-53ad.jpg

This is the lid I will sport during demo day due to the bet I lost to Chunky over the Cards/brewers series.
At least its old school

c6e4ea48-9b43-7427.jpg

This is the lid I'll be sporting during Thursday rounds as I embarrass all tarheel fans

man tadashi has had to do all sorts of shopping for the outing. Hats and blouses(for cookie).

Heck yes! 9AM tee time or something on Thursday. Which means at sun up, you will find me learning how to hit out of the sand. Ha

I am actually pretty good out of the sand Cookie, so I'll be glad to give you a tip or two.

I am actually pretty good out of the sand Cookie, so I'll be glad to give you a tip or two.

Sweet, that's what I am talking about. Looking forward to it!

I'll join Cookie in that lesson if you don't mind. Sand and myself don't exactly see eye to eye.

I'll join Cookie in that lesson if you don't mind. Sand and myself don't exactly see eye to eye.

Just let me know when and where, Im really good at blasting sand everywhere and the ball only 2 feet forward

Yorkem will be holding a sand game clinic at Grand Cypress, awesome.

My favorite part of that is at 22 seconds. Its brief, but its funny....

LOL yorkem picking his seat like he was going to see the Avengers. We dont miss anything around here.

treasure hunting...

"yorkem out"

Back