Mens League Scoring - HELP!

acessence

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey, Can some one help me out with these scoring, scoring rules a little lost, on how you score, with the handicaps, and what not

Lets Give Example, if some one can help explain this system

Team A:
Player A1(handicap 13.9)
Player A2(handicap 6.5)

Team B
Player B1(handicap 18.9)
Player B2(handicap 20)

Hole One (par 4):

Team A:
Player A1-shoots bogey=+1
layer A2- shoots par =0
Team B
Player B1-shoots bogey+1
Player B2-shoots double bogey+2

Based on the rules, below, what is the final net score on that hole

2012 Men’s League
Rules and Scoring System

Scoring System
There are 9 points per match as follows:
1 point for winning a hole x 9 holes = 9 points
(1/2 point if the hole is tied)
Score Cards shall show NET SCORES ONLY
If a team forfeits a match they will receive 0 points and the other team will recieve 6 points. If both teams forfeit a match each team will receive 0 points.
NEW - With changes to the equitable stroke handicap procedure it is possible to punch in 9 hole scores in Match Play even if you do not complete a hole. Therefore, if there is no activity in your handicap profile (Computer Program) after 2 weeks your team will be docked 1 point per match. After 4 weeks your team will be docked 2 points per match, etc. If there is no activity after 10 weeks your team will not be eligible for the playoffs.
The last Men's league game and all Play Off games must be played on or before their scheduled dates.

Playoffs
Top 28 teams from each side qualify for the playoffs
Top 4 teams from each side get a buy the first week and playoff for a net prize
In case of a tie in regular season, count back from most points in week 10, 9, 8, etc.

Rules of Competition
2-Man Best Ball Match Play format
In the event of rules clarification please play two balls.
All players must have a valid handicap and must be entering scores.
Slow play is not permitted
Golf Canada Rules to be observed other then modifications from Men's League rule committee on a nightly basis. (EG. Winter Rules)

Golf Canada
Equitable Stroke Changes for 2012

Handicap Equitable Strokes
9 or less Maximum 2 over par
10-19 Maximum score of 7 on any hole
20-29 Maximum score of 8 on any hole
30-39 Maximum score of 9 on any hole
40 and over Maximum score of 10 on any hole
This is your new equitable stroke formula. Please note that the computer system that Golf Canada has in place can take 9-hole scores. Also, because you are only allowed a maximum number of strokes per hole, if you exceed that number or do not finish a hole you can put your score into the computer.
You can access the computer program at the golf club or you can do it from home.

???? any one know at all

From my reading ESC doens't matter on that hole scores. Team A gets the point with the par.

first you need to determine the course handicap for each golfer on the given course then you would deduct the number of strokes from there. The numbers you provided look very similar to the GHIN system used in the US. Each course has a handicap based on a range of GHIN numbers. Mine for instance is GHIN 19.1 and my home course handicap is 21. so in return i get to take 21 strokes off my 18 hole score. 11 on the front and 10 on the back(this is based on the handicap ranking on the score card). At different courses depending on slope and ranking the course handicap changes but the GHIN is still 19.1

You need additional information in order to have the question answered. First, you must have the course handicap for each player. and second, you must have the handicap ranking of the hole. Strokes are deducted for each player according to their course handicap vs the handicap rating.

For example the 6.9 handicap index is probably an 8 course handicap. That player would get to deduct a stroke on the holes ranked 1-8. Half of those are probably on the back nine so this golfer would get one stroke deducted on four of the holes on the front based on handicap rank of those holes. Another example, the 18.9 handicap index could be maybe a 21 course handicap. This player would get one stroke deducted for every hole 1-18 and an additional stroke deducted from handicap holes 1-3 give a two stroke deduction for those three holes of which probably 2 are on the front side.

Depending on the handicap rank of the hole, those players will have 0, 1, or 2 strokes deducted from their scores for the first hole.

To find the course handicap, your handicap index and the slope of the course is needed, here is a link to the USGA calculator online:
http://www.usga.org/playing/handicaps/calculator/course_handicap_calculator.asp.

To find the handicap rating, it is on the score card for each hole. The slope of the course should be on the score card as well.

I know when we play these types of matches, there is a dot on each hole corresponding to the player who gets a net stroke on that hole. Just makes it easier to know who pops and who doesn't on said hole.

A variation of what I previously wrote is that the entire group is adjusted to the lowest HC in the group, e.g., if there is a 6, 10, 21, and 22 in the group, all would be adjusted to the 6 and become 0,4,15 and 16. The strokes would be applied the same way there is no difference in results. The program doing the dots on the score card probably does not do this though.

A variation of what I previously wrote is that the entire group is adjusted to the lowest HC in the group, e.g., if there is a 6, 10, 21, and 22 in the group, all would be adjusted to the 6 and become 0,4,15 and 16. The strokes would be applied the same way there is no difference in results. The program doing the dots on the score card probably does not do this though.

We do ours as match play, so they don't drop the lowest to a zero...but in stroke play, I've seen it done exactly as you describe it. I went head to head with a guy that was considerably higher than I was, and I had zero, he had 7 strokes.

Back