White polo shirt and sun cream

dhjkelly

BOO
Reaction score
Handicap
So the big shinny thing in the sky came out last week while I was playing a round. I decided to put on some sun cream cos i'm Irish and burn if i'm under a 40watt bulb for to long.

But now I cant get the stains from the sun cream off the collar and sleeves. It's currently in the machine on a hot wash with some vanish stain remover but if that doesn't work has anyone else got any suggestions please ?????

Wish I could help buddy, here's a bump for the morning crowd, maybe someone will be able to help you out.

Buy a new shirt Kelly. LOL @ how pale you are.

So the big shinny thing in the sky came out last week while I was playing a round. I decided to put on some sun cream cos i'm Irish and burn if i'm under a 40watt bulb for to long.

But now I cant get the stains from the sun cream off the collar and sleeves. It's currently in the machine on a hot wash with some vanish stain remover but if that doesn't work has anyone else got any suggestions please ?????

Yes. Try Dawn dish soap. Do not dry the shirt when it comes out of this wash, because if the stain is there it could set. If they have Dawn in your neck of the woods, it has a pretty powerful oil reducer, that works well with sunscreen. Do NOT put Dawn in your washing machine. Instead put a dime size amount on the stain and find an old toothbrush and work it in the stain well. Then rinse with cold water and put in the washing machine.

Its not fool poof, but it can work quite well on sunscreen stains.

Give it to Reg and tell her that it should be her job to wash it properly anyway.

Oh wait, she's on here too....eh, weak bleach solution as a last attempt? :D

This is hilarious. Are you related to Thainer????

c6e4ea6a-4ba8-a57b.jpg

No mess wipes

That's pretty awesome....

:clapp:

In general, seems like I heard that hot water helps set most stains and as JB said, the clothes dryer sets the stains. So I use cold water in the washer then check if stain is still there before drying.

Not sure if it will work for this, but I used to use Murphy's Oil to get clay out of my white baseball uniforms.

So, a tan for you would be a Whiter Shade of Pale?

Well the shirt came out of the wash and the stain is almost gone. I seen on the back of the Vanish stain remover tub that for oil based stains I was supposed to soak it first so i'm gonna try that next. Thanks for the help

Buy a new shirt Kelly. LOL @ how pale you are.

Very very pale dude

Give it to Reg and tell her that it should be her job to wash it properly anyway.

Oh wait, she's on here too....eh, weak bleach solution as a last attempt? :D

Haha my live wouldn't be worth living if I told her to do it besides she would just tell me to F off

So, a tan for you would be a Whiter Shade of Pale?

A tan for me is when my freckles decide they want to join each other...... :D

Get some sunscreen that is "PABA free". PABA causes that staining dingy look. We tried to be cheap and get the CVS brand and it was sticky as hell and stained my shirts...now we buy good stuff and no more sticky and no more stains.

I'm having no luck with finding non-staining sunscreen. I have to wear the stuff since I'm so fair-skinned, to not wear it means I resemble a coka-cola can after about 30 minutes.

I see greaseless, waterproof, etc. but none of them are non-staining. My white shirts are all sporting that "yellowed round the collar" look and nothing seems to take it out.

I'm having no luck with finding non-staining sunscreen. I have to wear the stuff since I'm so fair-skinned, to not wear it means I resemble a coka-cola can after about 30 minutes.

I see greaseless, waterproof, etc. but none of them are non-staining. My white shirts are all sporting that "yellowed round the collar" look and nothing seems to take it out.

Neutrogena Sheer Spray, works like a charm.

back to Kelly's question, like JB mentioned Dawn is a great grease/oil cutter.

I'll look for the Neutrogena... Thank you!

this. and use a spray as well...absorbs faster into the skin and by far less messy if not no mess

these things look cool as hell. i need to try these out.

Back