The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rain.....lots of it....and having to go offisite to a meeting

8 am? Damn, glad I'm not your neighbor. My neighbors looka t me funny when I up the mower or power washer at 9:30.

I do it now. HAHA Sorry. I figure if they mow on my Sunday, then I am going to mow on their Saturday morning.

Especially in high school if you may or may not been drinking the night before and to teach you a lesson to do yard work at 8am. My brother-in law had to clean there large in the ground pool and mow the lawn after one of these type of nights and after finishing cleaning the pool walked right into the pool with the lawn mower while mowing the lawn..haha

Those drinking mornings were rough! I learned at a very early age how to pace myself and how to work a hang over out the next morning.

Someone needs to come up with a kid's character that makes yard work cool. Bob The Landscape Gardener.

Will he wear Puma and Flat-bill hats?

rickie-fowler-notebook_299x424_0.jpg

My dad would take me to Indians games and golf courses always talk about how straight the lines were. If I practiced enough on our yard, I could probably work at a golf course or for the Indians one day. It worked too, always cut the lawn and did it w/o needing to be asked. I never bagged it tho unless it was really long, that was me going 'green' (lazy).

Not sure how or why I forgot this but I just realized I am going to turn 30 in July. That really sucks.

Ummmm....how?

With the kid coming and stuff I dont even think about my birthday. Someone just asked me how old I was going to be and it took me a second and then it hit me. Fudge....

Dudes kids now days are awesome at being busy, being somewhere else, needing to go to practice, have to go to work and whatever else so they dont have to mow the yard. I sure didnt get away with that shat when I lived at home.
Its easy dude, I have a trick that works. No electronics until chores are done. That one really hits home with the kids these days.

With the kid coming and stuff I dont even think about my birthday. Someone just asked me how old I was going to be and it took me a second and then it hit me. Fudge....

Ah don't worry. 30 is like the new 20 these days anyway....:alien:

Nothing wrong with 30. You have a whole new age group to look down on now.

Its all about the con dude. Bait and switch works. Explain to them that there will be a ton of money in it for them if they do it. Then drop a bag full of 500 pennies in front of them upon return. "See, here you go, a ton of money. Did I forget to mention the value?"
or you can tell the kids youll get them a new toyota
toyyoda746054.jpg

or you can tell the kids youll get them a new toyota
toyyoda746054.jpg

They shouldve sued the hiring manager too. I've never seen a person look like that at any location I've been to.

They shouldve sued the hiring manager too. I've never seen a person look like that at any location I've been to.
she doesnt represent the name brand too well... iykwim

What's the point in having kids if they don't mow your lawn? Ripoff!

Posted via taptalk

Just wait, Hawk Jr will get to the age when getting to now the yard is cool. You may have to plant that idea in his head, but it's doable.
The coolness only lasts for a while though! Especially if you are required to use the bagger every time!

Dudes kids now days are awesome at being busy, being somewhere else, needing to go to practice, have to go to work and whatever else so they dont have to mow the yard. I sure didnt get away with that shat when I lived at home.
I never got out of mowing. I hated it!

Ah don't worry. 30 is like the new 20 these days anyway....:alien:
Except you can drink legally! And you have more common sense! (usually, haha)

Wow! I don't see how she won the beer contest. She had to be on the Tuesday through Thursday early afternoon team!!!

Ugly or not, I think she has a legitimate complaint!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

As usual, my rant is the dependence our education system is putting on standardized testing. Its a true shame.

As usual, my rant is the dependence our education system is putting on standardized testing. Its a true shame.

I am with you. I hate testing!

It's terrible....teaching for the test....$$$$ that is up for grabs for school districts that do the best.....weeks and weeks spent on teaching the test....etc. I know they have to have something to measure progress but it's just not working right now.

I am with you. I hate testing!

We are creating two classes with it, those that give up and shut down because they hate it or cannot pass, and then another group where they are all the same as one another. Its depressing.

We are creating two classes with it, those that give up and shut down because they hate it or cannot pass, and then another group where they are all the same as one another. Its depressing.

And usual, none of it will they likely see in real life.

It's terrible....teaching for the test....$$$$ that is up for grabs for school districts that do the best.....weeks and weeks spent on teaching the test....etc. I know they have to have something to measure progress but it's just not working right now.

It is going to get worse. In NC they are talking about to moving to teacher performance pay based on testing. You talk about testing the test. What if your paycheck depended on it.

And usual, none of it will they likely see in real life.

Truth. And so much they should know they won't, we are allowed to spend 1 week only on WWI and WWII now. BS.

It is going to get worse. In NC they are talking about to moving to teacher performance pay based on testing. You talk about testing the test. What if your paycheck depended on it.

I've said it before and I will again, the day it goes to that here, I'm done teaching. People that push that do not see the kids today and no matter how they deny it there are kids vindictive enough to intentionally bomb tests to hurt teachers they don't like and that is not fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back