2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Yeah...that shiiit aint accepted in the badass villa. Jameson and pickle juice ftw

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Who is in badass villa?

Who is in badass villa?

If you have to ask...its obviously not your villa

If you have to ask...its obviously not your villa

I know that. I am in da pimp villa.

Okay loaded up my MC bag with all my stuff and go to put it in the travel cover and it doesnt fit. Blah! Took all out that I could and still doesnt. Man, so I had to load everything back into my cart bag. Put it in the travel cover and it just barely fit. I may have a little room to stuff socks and skivvies around my clubs to keep the stable. Weighed it and comes in at 38 lbs. so I have weight to spare if I can find a way to stuff things here and there. I was worried. But I'm good. Have my carry on and I'm all set. Looking forward to meeting some of you thurs. and the rest of you Friday. Travel safe!

Waiting for the last load of clothes to dry. Everything will not fit in my bag so I will be packing stuff in my golf bag also. Played 18 this morning and wasn't happy so I hit a bucket of balls and still not happy. Went to my scheduled lesson and got some things fixed. Stopped and played 9 on the way home to test things out. Played much better until the third beer kicked in. I think im ready for this outing stuff.

Waiting for the last load of clothes to dry. Everything will not fit in my bag so I will be packing stuff in my golf bag also. Played 18 this morning and wasn't happy so I hit a bucket of balls and still not happy. Went to my scheduled lesson and got some things fixed. Stopped and played 9 on the way home to test things out. Played much better until the third beer kicked in. I think im ready for this outing stuff.

Just wear all your clothes on the flight and when you check in, you can just remove what you don't need to wear and put it into the drawers. Problem solved.

Guys I know people get excited and like to have fun, but lets remember threads like these are read by all the people that make outings like this possible. From the companies that participate in demo day to the resort hosting the Ultimate Golf Weekend. Waking up to emails from some of those people is not really how I wanted to start the day.

Just to get thru 8 hrs of work. Aagggghhh

Sent from my DROID X2

hit a few hundred balls last night, will spit shine the clubs later and finish up packing and I'll be ready to go in the AM

just gotta make it til 5 at work

Around 36 hours before I leave to head to Orlando for what is sure to be an even bigger THP Outing. I can't wait!

Has there been any discussion of the recommended tips for each of the services rendered? I know many of us are not quite sure of proper amounts for some of the people we will encounter this weekend. I know we will be able to check out golf bags and I have no idea who to tip and how much each day when I arrive at my cart and the bag is there and do I tip when they take my bag at the end of the day? I feel each of us are representing THP and we don't want the staff of GC feeling like they would rather we not return because we don't tip.

Has there been any discussion of the recommended tips for each of the services rendered? I know many of us are not quite sure of proper amounts for some of the people we will encounter this weekend. I know we will be able to check out golf bags and I have no idea who to tip and how much each day when I arrive at my cart and the bag is there and do I tip when they take my bag at the end of the day? I feel each of us are representing THP and we don't want the staff of GC feeling like they would rather we not return because we don't tip.

20%....thats what i do. Some people would disagree...but always remember, these service people work for tips. Maybe $3 an hour. As for cart guys, i typically go with $5

When you arrive at your cart, if it is all set up or you get help with your bag, I usually do $2.
When I drop off my golf bag for storage its $2 per bag.
Valet that gets bag to golf room and parks car is $5
These things combine to about $30 over the course of a long weekend and I have always felt its the right thing to do.
Tips on food and drink will be included. If its not, I do 20% or slightly more across the board.

While this is my system, each person should come up with they think is fair and appropriate and what they can afford.

I thought GC was a no tip resort?? Or is One-T still acting a fool?

When you arrive at your cart, if it is all set up or you get help with your bag, I usually do $2.
When I drop off my golf bag for storage its $2 per bag.
Valet that gets bag to golf room and parks car is $5
These things combine to about $30 over the course of a long weekend and I have always felt its the right thing to do.
The rest is really standard.

While this is my system, each person should come up with they think is fair and appropriate and what they can afford.

That is pretty much my main concern, being fair to the people helping me out. I did get plenty of dollar bills at the bank yesterday when I got my cash for the trip.

I thought GC was a no tip resort?? Or is One-T still acting a fool?

If it is i am not aware of it. But jb's post tells me otherwise

If it is i am not aware of it. But jb's post tells me otherwise

Yeah saw that so that answers that.

The outside staff splits tips and this will be a long weekend for that staff. You may see the same guy in the AM,that loads your bags, again in the PM cleaning your clubs. Tip what you feel is right but remember this is their job

Kmac is looking to go Tiger Woods style. No tip for you!

There will be a couple of announcements coming later today that we will have to make. Nothing will be changing about your weekend coming up and it is still our goal to give you the best weekend of your lives, but there have been some "detours".

There will be a couple of announcements coming later today that we will have to make. Nothing will be changing about your weekend coming up and it is still our goal to give you the best weekend of your lives, but there have been some "detours".
No worries, the weekend will be great regardless!

:bulgy-eyes:

Back