1999 US Open (Payne Stewart) on TGC Tuesday at 7 PM CT

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
Special show Tuesday night at 7 Central time (7 to 10:30) of the 1999 US Open. Set your DVR's.

This was the tournament that got me interested in SeeMore putters. (I've had one since 2000)

Awesome, setting DVR now, read an article not too long ago that got me thinking about Payne, a great player and man gone way too soon!

I set it this morning, I watch it every single time the replay it. SO awesome.

I dvr'd this and watched it last night. It was excellent. I'd never seen it before and it was really interesting to see, well, everything. Tiger and phil at that stage in their careers, guys hitting drives 250 and hitting long irons from 200. Seeing everything from 13 years ago and how everything is now was incredibly interesting. The putt stewart hit on 16 was ridiculous.

I dvr'd this and watched it last night. It was excellent. I'd never seen it before and it was really interesting to see, well, everything. Tiger and phil at that stage in their careers, guys hitting drives 250 and hitting long irons from 200. Seeing everything from 13 years ago and how everything is now was incredibly interesting. The putt stewart hit on 16 was ridiculous.

A blast to watch wasn't it? Payne was truly something else and those putts on 16 and 18 will live on forever in US Open history. I get pumped up every single time I watch it.

Watched that yesterday. Memory lane......

Watched it, not really being that into golf back than it was cool to watch some of the older players as well as the young guns like Tiger back in the day

Special show Tuesday night at 7 Central time (7 to 10:30) of the 1999 US Open. Set your DVR's.

This was the tournament that got me interested in SeeMore putters. (I've had one since 2000)

Man, I really wish I had cable. Payne Stewart was one of my favorite golfers ever. I miss seeing him play.

FUnny I was just watching this the other night, caught it TGC by accident and recorded it. I used to love watching payne as a kid. Seeing Tiger and Phil so young looking was weird. But I totally remember watching that live. What really gets me now is the guys hitting 250 and 260 yd drives.

Has technology changed the game that much?? WOW, is it the balls, the clubs, what is it?

Watched it, not really being that into golf back than it was cool to watch some of the older players as well as the young guns like Tiger back in the day
I'm the same way - didn't get into golf (watching or playing) until about 5 years ago. It's neat to see Tiger back when he was Tiger, and Phil before he fixed his footwork.

That putt and pose on 18 was something else. I've seen it a few dozen times, and it makes me smile each one.

Shhhhhh. Don't spoil it. I'm only halfway through. I'm rooting for young Phil!

:banana: Just kidding. In all seriousness, as far as golf tournaments on TV go, it is probably my first prominent memory of a golf tournament. Even more than Tiger's record Masters win. When I watched that tournament, I just remember how composed Payne was, and how he seemed to embody a very traditional idea of golf and the class and etiquette that goes with it. Some of you may have noticed that my avatar pic is actually from Payne's funeral. But after watching that tournament, I knew I would always strive to be a good person on the course.

Still, I find it funny that despite knowing what happens, I still root for Phil and feel his heartbreak.

~Rock

Shhhhhh. Don't spoil it. I'm only halfway through. I'm rooting for young Phil!

:banana: Just kidding. In all seriousness, as far as golf tournaments on TV go, it is probably my first prominent memory of a golf tournament. Even more than Tiger's record Masters win. When I watched that tournament, I just remember how composed Payne was, and how he seemed to embody a very traditional idea of golf and the class and etiquette that goes with it. Some of you may have noticed that my avatar pic is actually from Payne's funeral. But after watching that tournament, I knew I would always strive to be a good person on the course.

Still, I find it funny that despite knowing what happens, I still root for Phil and feel his heartbreak.

~Rock

There may be no better moment than when Payne grabs Phil by the face and reminds him he is going to be a father and there is nothing better than that. Just a tremendous moment IMO.

I'm on the other end of that. I love the history of the game and love to watch the old (older than this!) footage.

A blast to watch wasn't it? Payne was truly something else and those putts on 16 and 18 will live on forever in US Open history. I get pumped up every single time I watch it.

It was exciting. I think phil generally played better in the round, but payne was able to do what he had to do. I think it looked like if tiger could have controled his short irons better he would have won by 3 shots.

I watched the final round of the 03 open at bethpage this week. good lord sergio please hit the golf ball.

dvr'd tonight's rebroadcast of the 2005 final round of the open championship @st. andrews, going to be watching that in a bit.

Next week is the rebroadcast of 07 @carnoustie, paddy v. sergio. I love that the golf channel shows these. absolutely love it.

Back