97friar

Reaction score
Handicap
So I am in the market for a new wedge. I'm on a budget so after looking alot I was decided the Cleveland cg14 which golftown has for $68. Problem is I can't get the loft I want so I looked around a little more and found the Bridgestone j38 ($65) and the nike very satin ($45). Then I saw eidolon vsole sole 2 for $75. I didn't know this was the older brand name for scor. I read some reviews and they were intriguing. What choice would you make with these options?

I dont think there is anything wrong with any of them. All good wedges in my opinion. They are all very different wedges though, so it would really depend on how well they work for what you are trying to accomplish. If you like the CG14, if the wedge is not too far off in loft, they can be bent a couple of degrees with no issue.

Thanks jb. It's tough because I'm not sure how to really test out wedges when I can't hit them outside. I have been bringing them over to the putting green in the store and chipping with them but that doesn't do a whole lot. I really have been relying on reviews and write ups that I have found. What makes these wedges different from each other? What should I really be thinking about when choosing other than loft and bounce. Thanks.

Most have different shapes entirely through the back of the face (cavity). Some of them have different sole designs as well. In the end, they are all solid wedges, but they are very different in my opinion.

Does golf town allow you to take them out of the store for a day if you give them your credit card number?

Also check out nike victory red forged. Can be had for about $60.

Excellent point JB,Hey Friar have you tried the bay for cheap wedges.Also,3Ballsgolf and Blind9 have good deals on used and new wedges.As far as versatile soles go listen to JB.I like the V sole of the scor wedges myself,seems to be very versatile.As well as the new Taylormades.I,ve gont to Cally X Series Jaws from Vokeys and I love those.

Does golf town allow you to take them out of the store for a day if you give them your credit card number?

Sadly they don't. Once it's hit the dirt outside, it's yours.
I'll be interesting to see if Golfsmith goes this way as well now that Golf Town has bought them out.

So I went back to golftown last night and spent some time swinging and chipping a little and just couldn't help myself. I bought the Eidolon 51 degree and 54 degree for $75.00 for both. Too good of deal to pass up. I actually got a chance to play today and I have to say I LOVED the wedges. I have always just played a PW and a SW but with the two added wedges I was able to play alot of different shots. And the Eidolon performed great. Like Tuna said, once the clubs are hit you cant bring them back so I guess there mine now.

Back