Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dudes, the trick to pounding the Classic is tee'ing the ball up higher. At least for me. If I get it tee'd down to low it's not near as good. I can tell you that the Classic/Black combo is pretty legit. I'm a fan.

I hear ya, I tee it much higher than the ml4, I'm still just coming in heel too much. It'll get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland Black...again. Hit it well at Demo Day, then played nine holes. Hit 7/7 fairways, longest driving topping out around 280ish.

Dude you need to get this in your bag permanently. You crush this driver.

--
Tapatalk2

I am new to golf with a bad slice. I am pondering actually buying some golf balls that could improve my game instead of using whatever I find on the course of someone gives me. Bridgestone's ball fitter suggested there e6.

It will help you but it won't cure your slice.

pondering new 5 wood, driver, irons, and if needed, shafts for those clubs. wait, golf requires a butt-load of money? well darn -_-
:arrogant:

Ponder complete. Wife gave me the okay on my new irons. I placed my order today with Blind 9 on a set of TaylorMade MB irons with kbs tour Stiff shafts and changed the grips to golf pride tour wrap 2g. I got them in 4-PW and now want to find a 3 hybrid.

Well guess I found a new ponder.....LOL

You've been tapped!

Ponder complete. Wife gave me the okay on my new irons. I placed my order today with Blind 9 on a set of TaylorMade MB irons with kbs tour Stiff shafts and changed the grips to golf pride tour wrap 2g. I got them in 4-PW and now want to find a 3 hybrid.

You've been tapped!

Big time purchase right there! Awesome!!

Big time purchase right there! Awesome!!

Thanks man. It took a ton of work convincing the wife to let me drop that kind of money.

Guess this should be in the what did you buy thread.

You've been tapped!

You've been tapped!

Awesome purchase. Give the I20 hybrid a try. It doesn't get a lot of hype but after seeing Kuchar win with them I was already getting fit for some I20 irons so I tried the hybrid and was blown away.

Congrats again!

I like the i20 hybrids a lot!

I like the i20 hybrids a lot!

I've only seen the RH versions locally but they really are an attractive little club. Hell, the entire i20 line is attractive.

I've only seen the RH versions locally but they really are an attractive little club. Hell, the entire i20 line is attractive.

They are sweet looking. Just a smidge more forgiveness would have made them perfect

They are sweet looking. Just a smidge more forgiveness would have made them perfect

FOrgiveness is in the eye of the beholder dude. I'd love to hit them. I like how they look and set up.

Yeah I should have said for me. They are plenty forgiving for a good ball striker like you dude.

I'm pondering if something I might order today would be here by my round on Friday. I think so. Especially if they ship today.

Yeah I should have said for me. They are plenty forgiving for a good ball striker like you dude.

Hahaha, doubtful. I can shank the crap out of a player's hybo.

Are you still pondering a putter?

I'm all over the place with putters. I have really got a crush on the SC GoLo now. That thing is sick

I'm all over the place with putters. I have really got a crush on the SC GoLo now. That thing is sick

Haha, rolled it yesterday. It is sick! I love the matte black finish on it. It was very soft at impact too. And not bad @ $349 really.

Haha, rolled it yesterday. It is sick! I love the matte black finish on it. It was very soft at impact too. And not bad @ $349 really.

I'm seriously tempted. Might go after the Lego Convention if I have any free time which is doubtful

Awesome purchase. Give the I20 hybrid a try. It doesn't get a lot of hype but after seeing Kuchar win with them I was already getting fit for some I20 irons so I tried the hybrid and was blown away.

Congrats again!

I tried these out today after everyone seemed to like them. I wasn't all that impressed to be honest. It came in 2nd place for me but 1st was far and away better for my swing.....Adams A12 Pro in 18*. I took about 12-15 shots with each club after warming up and only caught 3 good shots with the Ping. I just couldn't adjust to it for some reason. The Taylor Made RBZ Tour 3 was in last. It was just too heavy for me and I didn't care for the head size on it. It felt more like a small fairway wood then a hybrid for me. I hit 4-5 pretty well with it but my misses were BAD.

The lady that helped me is an LPGA Pro and said I should try the Adams. I told her I was open to anything because I want what is best for my game, not my ego. She brought me over the Adams A12 Pro and it was a match made in heaven for me. The very first swing was laced down the center about 245 yards. I smacked the next one just to right of it and about 250. I ended up taking about 15 shots with the club and only had one bad shot where I pulled it hard left but it was a bad swing all around. I put about 8 shots within 3-4 yards of each other and the other 6 were within 15 yards or so. It is hard to really keep under control in street shoes that are slipping as I swing so I think the dispersion would be even better on the course.

So now my new ponder is the Adams hybrid. Golf Galaxy has a deal on them right now for buy one get one 50% off but I don't need two of them. I will call up Blind 9 when I get back from San Diego and see what deal they have for us.

PS - What is the difference between the Aldila and Matrix shafts? I was hitting the Aldila.

Even though Freddie has a much better, more powerful swing than I do, I need to hit the RBZ 3W. I'm sorry but a 346 yd 3W is ridiculous long. Perhaps I could add some length off of the tee with the RBZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back