Cleveland 588 Wedges - Everything You Need To Know

k, I guess I will go with the Sating then, since I have not thought about the sun reflection. I can also still change my chrome one since is still in the wrappings :bananadance:.. Thanks a lot guys. Love this site.

Last edited:
After hitting what felt like 1,000 balls from the practice bunker today with every wedge imaginable it is pretty clear that the 588 is the best wedge I've ever used from the bunker. Very easy to lay open and get that good thump into the sand, giving a almost exact hit and check everytime.

Consistentcy from a golf club is one thing, but consistently getting the same result from your wedges is a key to saving strokes.

After hitting what felt like 1,000 balls from the practice bunker today with every wedge imaginable it is pretty clear that the 588 is the best wedge I've ever used from the bunker. Very easy to lay open and get that good thump into the sand, giving a almost exact hit and check everytime.

Consistentcy from a golf club is one thing, but consistently getting the same result from your wedges is a key to saving strokes.
I agree with you 1 million percent, definitely not regretting picking up these wedges

i aggree with you there, i have ony had mine for 2 weeks and i can get out of the bunker first time now, whereas with my other wedge it would take me a couple of goes. Still trying o master chipping with them and have hit a few thin.

I have an opportunity to pick up a 50-54-58-60 set for 250 at my club.

I dont want the 60, so Id probably sell it, but Im really REALLY debating it...

Say do it. Thats a hell of a deal buddy.

New? If so, jump on it. You could sell the 60* for $100 and only have $150 into the other 3. That's a stupid low $50/club.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me Thain. Would they need any adjustments or are do you play standard in your wedges? do they have the bounce you want? Little things like that always ruin a good deal for me. I guess I'm too picky sometimes.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me Thain. Would they need any adjustments or are do you play standard in your wedges? do they have the bounce you want? Little things like that always ruin a good deal for me. I guess I'm too picky sometimes.

I may need to adjust the lie angles, but I have a machine at my disposal. The bounces are exactly what I need.

As I type this I am having a major dejavu.

You mustve helped me ponder in the past, JConn

forgive the dumb question but what do the dots represent with these?

forgive the dumb question but what do the dots represent with these?

Bounce. 1 dot=low bounce, 2 dots=standard, 3 dots=high bounce

Bounce. 1 dot=low bounce, 2 dots=standard, 3 dots=high bounce

see i thought it had something to do with bounce but looking at the specs on the site and i see a two dot 8 bounce and a single dot 8 bounce . and the same in 14 degree bounce :confused2:

nevermind i see it now i was reading their chart wrong ..the way they were displaying 3 dots was confusing me . it was 2 on top of 1 dot instead of side by side.

I may need to adjust the lie angles, but I have a machine at my disposal. The bounces are exactly what I need.

As I type this I am having a major dejavu.

You mustve helped me ponder in the past, JConn

Lol. Possibly. I was just making sure you thought of those little points, as that is what i would check if i was purchasing. I hate dejavu.

The 588 tours are zee best wedges ever made. End of story. Too short?...you didn't hit it right. Too long...you took too much backswing. Srsly...these are flawless.

The 588 tours are zee best wedges ever made. End of story. Too short?...you didn't hit it right. Too long...you took too much backswing. Srsly...these are flawless.

That is why your have Gap, Sand, Lob Wedges for, just make the same swing every time just change the clubs.

I don't want the 60, so Id probably sell it, but Im really REALLY debating it...

That is a steal if they in mint condition. Also, what are the bounce on them and are they chrome or Satin. I may need that 60 if you don't want it at its my bounce :golf2:.

Has anyone shot these and the SCORS a decent amount and have any feedback in what was better for them?

Has anyone shot these and the SCORS a decent amount and have any feedback in what was better for them?

I have both and they are both excellent. I really can't say anything bad about either.

Tapatalk

588 Customs now have a digital Camo skin available pretty cool looking... def not my tastes but still cool none the less.

I was wondering if anyone could verify the bounces for me. I am looking to get a 588 on Edwin Watts and they have the 58* labeled as these:

58 degrees/high bounce
58 degrees/low bounce
lob wedge 58 degrees

I know they make this club in 8, 12 and 14 degree bounce but just wanted to know which is which..

Also, Not factoring sand into play, what would be the best one for a beginner golfer such as myself???

Thanks guys

I was wondering if anyone could verify the bounces for me. I am looking to get a 588 on Edwin Watts and they have the 58* labeled as these:

58 degrees/high bounce
58 degrees/low bounce
lob wedge 58 degrees

I know they make this club in 8, 12 and 14 degree bounce but just wanted to know which is which..

Also, Not factoring sand into play, what would be the best one for a beginner golfer such as myself???

Thanks guys

High bounce 14* 3 dot
Std Bounce 12* 2 dot
Low Bounce 8* 1 dot

If you aren't sure which bounce is right for you, standard bounce is always good because it can be use in a variety of situations including the sand if necessary. The most important thing for me in lob wedges is the ability to use in deep rough but that's personal preference.

The cleveland 588 wedges are great so hopefully you can get them!

2 dot is a pretty safe pick. I've had low bounce in the past, but it seems to cause more problems than it's worth.

Have you been fit for loft and lie? I ask because you say you are a beginner. Bounce would be the last thing I would look at. Make sure you lie angles are correct prior to ordering so they come correct.
You also want to consider the type of conditions you play everyday. If you play in hard tight conditions you don't want a lot of bounce. If its a mix of hard and lush then I'd go with a neutral bounce. But please take the time to get your lie angles set before investing in such an awesome set of wedges

58 degrees/high bounce
58 degrees/low bounce
lob wedge 58 degrees

Thanks guys

Back