Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial Thread (Spoilers)

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
The PGA Tour stays in the Dallas metro area this week, but moves to Hogan's Alley for the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial. Some of the top players in the field this week: Jason Dufner, Hunter Mahan, Rickie Fowler, Sergio Garcia, Matt Kuchar, and defending champion David Toms.

Drinking game this week: anytime an announcer says "Horrible Horseshoe", take a drink, you'll be drunk less than 1 hour into the telecast.

TV times:
Thu, 5/24:
GOLF 3p - 6p ET
Fri, 5/25:
GOLF 3p - 6p ET
Sat, 5/26:
CBS 3p - 6p ET
Sun, 5/27:
CBS 3p - 6p ET

Not overjoyed at the lineup for this one. Surprised we don't see more of the top guys playing this week, even though the European tour has the stronger field.

Interesting that Sergio isn't playing the BMW this week.

I wonder if Dufner will have another strong showing this week.

Set my team for this, not really inspiring stuff! Wonder if Dicky Pride can keep up the form, or just wear those giant pink trousers again?

Just so's ya know... It's gonna be hot at the Colonial. These boys are gonna sweat.

Temps to be in the 90s all 4 days, with lots of wind on thurs.

I love what the PGA is doing with pairings this year. We get Kuch, Rickie, and Waggles in Rounds 1 & 2. That's awesome.

I love what the PGA is doing with pairings this year. We get Kuch, Rickie, and Waggles in Rounds 1 & 2. That's awesome.

These three are the 'it' guys on tour right now

that dufner....he's so hot right now.

Just watching Morning Drive and this will be the first tourney that Na uses his new pre-shot routine. Practice swing, setup to the ball, and go. Will be interesting to see if it works and makes the slow play a non issue.

Can't believe I am saying this but I hope Fowler wins.

Wow that was hard.

Just watching Morning Drive and this will be the first tourney that Na uses his new pre-shot routine. Practice swing, setup to the ball, and go. Will be interesting to see if it works and makes the slow play a non issue.

I saw a segment about it on Golf Central last night. They had video of one of his drives in a practice round, his entire preshot routine until he hit the ball was only 12 seconds! The interesting thing is that Todd Lewis interviewed him and this question was very interesting:
Lewis: "Are you doing this to become a better golfer or a faster golfer?"
Na: (thinks for a couple of seconds before answering) "A faster golfer."

Na realizes that he may play worse in the short term by making the change, but I applaud him for being proactive. Sadly, he's become the face of slow play on tour, and he's trying to change that.

I saw a segment about it on Golf Central last night. They had video of one of his drives in a practice round, his entire preshot routine until he hit the ball was only 12 seconds! The interesting thing is that Todd Lewis interviewed him and this question was very interesting:
Lewis: "Are you doing this to become a better golfer or a faster golfer?"
Na: (thinks for a couple of seconds before answering) "A faster golfer."

Na realizes that he may play worse in the short term by making the change, but I applaud him for being proactive. Sadly, he's become the face of slow play on tour, and he's trying to change that.

I really do hope it works out for him and he sees good results this weekend. He is a good guy in my eyes and is getting a bad rap overall because of the slow play. You are right though Ary, at least he cares which is more than we can say for multiple other professionals.

I will give Kevin Na a ton of credit. Like Keegan Bradley, a flaw was pointed out and both worked hard to fix it. I can support guys like that for sure. Na's been in good form so far this year, I hope this doesn't ruin that for the kid.

Thats cool for him. How long till he yells at himself and goes back to old ways

Sent from my iPhone

I really do hope it works out for him and he sees good results this weekend. He is a good guy in my eyes and is getting a bad rap overall because of the slow play. You are right though Ary, at least he cares which is more than we can say for multiple other professionals.

I hate slow play more than anyone (maybe except for JB). For that reason, I haven't liked Na at all in the past. But over the past few weeks, he's shown a willingness to try to improve, and I have to respect him for that.

Well, normally the early tee times grab an advantage due to weather it seems but here in TX it is already windy this morning. Going to be partly cloudy, low 90's, but 18-23 MPH all day with gusts probably to 30 or so. Winds will be about the same tomorrow before they stay in the low teens for the weekend.

Starters:

Johnson
Haas
Van Pelt
Crane

Bench:

Na
Fowler
Mahan
Pavin

I started

Kuch
Pride
Mahan
Baddeley

Bench

Z Johnson
Fowler
B Hass
Pavin

I really wanted Dufner on the bench but Corey has always been one of my favorites and I went with him to save Dufner for more starts later.

I started ZJ, Rickie, BVP and Crane - my bench is Furyk, Frazar, Toms, and Stadler. Wanted to go slightly off the map this week to save starts.

I started Kuch, Mahan, Fowler, Huh. Bench was Sergio, De Jonge, Davis, and Dufner.

I like how no one has David Toms.

Check again...hehe

It's because we are smart. Dude had a top 10 at the Players and he's the returning champ. I like his chances.

I have

Zach Johnson
Hunter Mahan
Rickie Fowler
Jason Dufner

in the starting line up.

Back