Forum Testing Signup - Heavy Challenge

Thank you for the opportunity
1. What fairway woods and hybrids do you currently play?
Wilson FyBrid RS 15* and 19.5*.

2. What is your typical shot shape?
High Draw.

3. Have you tried Boccieri in the past?
Nope.

4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?
My testing process with a new club is normally some range time to get used to the feel followed by atleast a round or 2 per week where i try to hit the club on every hole. Im on THP quite a bit during the day and usually in the late evening.

1. What fairway woods and hybrids do you currently play? Taylormade Burner Superfast 3 wood, Yonex Ezone 19* hybrid, Taylormade Burner 25* hybrid
2. What is your typical shot shape? Left to right, high trajectory with the hybrids. Straight and high with my 3 wood.
3. Have you tried Boccieri in the past? No I have not.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am on THP daily and contribute to conversations when I have something useful or helpful to say. I have done club testing before for THP both on my own and through a club testing group such as this. I play at least 18 holes every week with a range session or two in between. Testing will be done from a variety of lies, from the tee and turf, and I have the capability to use a launch monitor to get accurate launch, spin, and distance numbers.

Wow what a great oppertunity for the THP members! I only wish I had the time to test this club right now, I don't feel I could do the job that everyone here expects. Good luck to everyone and cant wait to see what they say.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Another tremendous testing opportunity from THP and Boccieri!! Well done!

1. What fairway woods and hybrids do you currently play? - TM R11 tp 3 wood, TM 2011 Rescue TP
2. What is your typical shot shape? - Ideally straight, but often a slight draw, with my miss being a big ol' hook.
3. Have you tried Boccieri in the past? - Briefly tried the 3w last year.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? - I'll be happy to run these through a variety of grass range and course testing. My activity level on THP is strong.

Good luck to all you RH's out there. I heard a ton of good things regarding the Boccieri line-up at the outing, so you are in for a real treat.

This is a great opportunity once again from Boccieri Golf. Sign up, you will not regret it if you are picked!

I was chosen last year to be a tester for the Heavy 3 wood and still have it in my bag to this day. It has given me the most confidence I have ever had in a 3 wood, both off the deck and off the tee.

Boccieri Golf for the win!!

This is a great contest i would like to wish everyone luck who signed up. I can not wait for the great reviews, I just got new hybrids so it would be unfair for me to be part of this in my opinion. This was the closest out of any product, that i wanted to try.

GO THP!!

This is a great contest i would like to wish everyone luck who signed up. I can not wait for the great reviews, I just got new hybrids so it would be unfair for me to be part of this in my opinion. This was the closest out of any product, that i wanted to try.

GO THP!!
It's not a contest.

It's not a contest.

Yes i do know that, I was meaning testing. But i just woke up literally 10 minutes before posting that. If it was a contest i would have signed up for it wouldn't i? Obviously.

But really I can't wait for the reviews of this "testing" (happy) I'm very intrigued of our testers thoughts and reviews!

1. What fairway woods and hybrids do you currently play? Currently Plan R11 3 and 5 wood with stiff Blur 70 shaft, and 4h, 5h, 6h Ping K15 Hybrids with Regular flex TFC 149H Graphite Shaft
2. What is your typical shot shape? Typical Shot shape is a slight draw (worst miss is a big slice)
3. Have you tried Boccieri in the past? I have not tried Boccieri before.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I usually play nine once a week, and hit the driving range 1-2 more times (Depends on if I have my GolfTec lessons that week, take lessons once every other week), and try to get out to play 18 1-2 times a month. I read THP daily, and post every once in a while.

Great to see Boccieri doing some more forum testing with THP! Bravo!

1. What fairway woods and hybrids do you currently play? 3 Wood- Callaway RAZR Fit Hybrids- 3h/4h Cleveland Mashie

2. What is your typical shot shape? Mostly straight or slight fade

3. Have you tried Boccieri in the past? I tested and reviewed the Boccieri Heavy Irons, tried the hybrids at the THP Demo Day last year

4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Will test and comment as I would or do when I'm writing a review for THP. Give feedback after each range session or course use, answer any questions asked of me, comment on other testers thoughts.

Great testing choice. I've never gamed one, but know lots of people who have and love them.

1. What fairway woods and hybrids do you currently play? I play a Diablo Edge 15° 3 Wood and Nike SQ Dymo 20° 5 Wood. I do not currently use a hybrid, though am going to an Adams golf demo event Monday and may end up with something 20-23° (will edit post if I do - went and will definitely be looking for one now, loved the clubs, much better than I remember my hybrids from 5 years ago).
2. What is your typical shot shape? Straight to a slight draw with my longer irons.
3. Have you tried Boccieri in the past? Hit one on the range a few times, but nothing often enough to have an opinion.
4. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I read the site and forums daily, and will usually post 4 or 5 days a week. My testing process would be take the club to my range right away and get a feel for it (including yardages, shot shape, and trajectory). If testing other than the hybrid, I would also compare it to my current fairway wood. Then, I'd start gaming it immediately in the 5-7 rounds per week I play (at least until September when I go down to 2-4 times per week). Every round, I would give a shakedown of how often I used it and the situation/results/feeling. As well, for the first few weeks, I'd hit it more often than normal off the tee than normal (i.e. when not in competitive rounds I'll hit it off the tee on every possible hole).

Last edited:
Bump. There is NO reason why this should be on page five.

A boccieri 5 wood is so appealing

Cobra S2 FW/ Oban Devotion shaft, Adams V2 3h with proforce v2 shaft
Fade with FW, draw with hybrid
I spent some time with the heavy wedge at the demo day, and have spent time with the heavy putters as well
I play alot of golf, and spend alot of time on the range as well. I would try to get acquanted with the club(s) on the range before taking them on the course. After a few rounds learning the ends and outs of the club, I would put it head to head with the incumbent club.

I am pretty active on the website. I read and post everday, and recently attended the 2012 outing.

Bump for the weekend crowd. These are stellar clubs (from personal experience) that I encourage everyone to throw their name into the hat to test!!

Man, so many great testing opportunities! Looks like I picked the wrong time to start nursing school. As much as I'd love to test these clubs regretfully I will not have the time. I am working a full time and part time job and going taking 8 hours of college credit. Can't wait to finish school so I can get back to signing up for testing! Also, can't wait to see who get selected and read the reviews. This is one of my favorite parts of this forum!

I know this is the sign up thread but I just wanted to let you all know how great their clubs are, my best shot of the day came with my Heavy 5 Wood from last years testing, stuck it to about 4 feet from 215 out for a chance at a eagle on hole 9, missed putt but made birdie. These clubs are the real deal so sign up people!

Bump for the weekend crowd. These are stellar clubs (from personal experience) that I encourage everyone to throw their name into the hat to test!!

This! It's a tremendous testing that will be going on for sure. Wonderful clubs that will open eyes!

C'mon people!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently hitting Callaway Diablo Edge 3/4 Hybrids. I've been searching for FW Woods, and haven't been gaming any this year.
Pull fade to straight fade lately
I have no previous experience with Boccieri prior to joining THP
I have been going to the range 2-3 times per week, and trying to play 18 at least twice a month, schedule permitting. I tend to be somewhat analytical and would be able to journal my experiences well. I have been active on the forum daily since joining, though I tend to read more than I post until I feel I have something to contribute to a thread.

I'm going to pass on this one, because I love the hybrids I got - they are my go-to clubs. I'll keep an eye on the review thread though!

Ken

1. Current Fairway wood is a 13* SnakeEyes Elasteel 3wood. Current Hybrid is 17* Titleist 909h.
2. Normal shot shape is straight, fade, draw. I can hit any of the above with either club. Hybrid ball flight is usually low to mid. 3wood ball flight is usually mid.
3. I have zero experience with any of the heavy line. Never really have understood the point of the heavy idea or the way that the weighting helps.
4. Very active THP member on all day pretty much every day. Testing process would include unboxing pics and video, side-by-testing both on range and on course. Noting both feel, weight, distance, and sound. Video including sound of the clubs during the range session to show difference between my current setup and the testing club.

Thank you THP and Boccieri for another wonderful testing chance!

I'm going to pass on this one, because I love the hybrids I got - they are my go-to clubs. I'll keep an eye on the review thread though!

Ken

Keep in mind that the purpose of THP testing is not to replace or upgrade clubs in your bag, although that may happen.

I think the fact that you have hybrids that you are happy with makes you a good potential tester as you have something that works very well for comparison purposes.

Tappin' from the iPhone!

Keep in mind that the purpose of THP testing is not to replace or upgrade clubs in your bag, although that may happen.

I think the fact that you have hybrids that you are happy with makes you a good potential tester as you have something that works very well for comparison purposes.

Tappin' from the iPhone!

Well said and if I might add, this is not just for testing hybrids but also fairway woods. Like you khoover, I absolute adore my hybrids and also my fairway wood which is the exact reason for my entering. I know what is "right" for me and I can use that to test these better if given the opportunity.

Back