Calling All Hotheads!

Habaneros are just a LOT faster to hit for me. Bhuts are just so damn slow to build. A bhut will hurt for a long time.

Exactly it's one of those subtle things that kills softly hah

I've eaten them before. THey aren't too bad.

I haven't tried them...I can do Habanero sauces and but havent tried the Ghost....

It's rediculous how different they are. A habanero makes it short and sweet, it is gonna burn, and burn bad, but after a minute or 2 you will be fine. A bhut jolokia on the other hand, starts out at about serrano level, takes about 30 seconds to hit habanero level, and then just keeps going.
I haven't tried them...I can do Habanero sauces and but havent tried the Ghost....

It's rediculous how different they are. A habanero makes it short and sweet, it is gonna burn, and burn bad, but after a minute or 2 you will be fine. A bhut jolokia on the other hand, starts out at about serrano level, takes about 30 seconds to hit habanero level, and then just keeps going.

I will have to try them at some point just to say I did it...LOL

Have you seen anything with the Naga Viper in it...I heard it was quite a bit worse the the bhut jolokia

There are sauces with it. The Trinidad Scorpion is hotter than the Viper, and the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion is the hottest in the world right now, clocking in at over 2 million scovilles from select plants.
I will have to try them at some point just to say I did it...LOL

Have you seen anything with the Naga Viper in it...I heard it was quite a bit worse the the bhut jolokia

There are sauces with it. The Trinidad Scorpion is hotter than the Viper, and the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion is the hottest in the world right now, clocking in at over 2 million scovilles from select plants.

Yeah, that's just stupid hot...LOL

Yeah, it is. I am working on getting some Moruga Pods in by the fall. I will post a video of me doing that when I can get one.
Yeah, that's just stupid hot...LOL

Hey JR, you should try some of this, it's not too hot but it's delicious on popcorn and pizza and snacks, I've been eating it since I was like 4 it's a big mexican thing

2173100189_3da2c784ca_o.jpeg

Never heard of that one. I will look for it.
Hey JR, you should try some of this, it's not too hot but it's delicious on popcorn and pizza and snacks, I've been eating it since I was like 4 it's a big mexican thing

Never heard of that one. I will look for it.

Yeah its ok, it's not anything to write home about, it's just what a lot of mexicans use for snacks and all,
Hey since chile season isn't over till like october, I have some seeds for you, i'm not sure if they will grow well down there but I can send you some hab, scorpion and jolokia seeds!

JR, have you had the sauce and/or salsa made by Scorned Woman?

It's probably not as hot as what you've been chowing down on lately :) but it is quite tasty.

DUDE! Thanks so much man, our scorp plants died as a result of my idiot friend. Want me to PM my addy?
Yeah its ok, it's not anything to write home about, it's just what a lot of mexicans use for snacks and all,
Hey since chile season isn't over till like october, I have some seeds for you, i'm not sure if they will grow well down there but I can send you some hab, scorpion and jolokia seeds!

DUDE! Thanks so much man, our scorp plants died as a result of my idiot friend. Want me to PM my addy?
Yes sir!

I know of it, but have never tried it. My current "everyday sauce" is Sriracha.
JR, have you had the sauce and/or salsa made by Scorned Woman?

It's probably not as hot as what you've been chowing down on lately :) but it is quite tasty.

I know of it, but have never tried it. My current "everyday sauce" is Sriracha.

haha laugh if you will but since the wide availability of chile, our day to day sauce is the holy jolokia and the sancta scorpio

cajohns-sancto-scorpio-hot-sauce.jpg
holyjolokia2.jpg

of course there's alway sriracha haha

So since the local university does so much genetic, molecular and biochemical research on chile they have a pretty nice facility to grow

paul-mihalyor-genetics-major-and-lucas-hamilton-geography-major.jpg

These are two of my buddies, the guy on the left is one of my best friends, and the other guy is my golfing buddy-he and I met on the course and we golf all the time
chili-plants.jpg

mountains.jpg

garden08a.jpg

centennial.jpg

velarde.jpg

bilde

images

There is so much color it's amazing, I'll get some awesome pictures this year

Boom. I like the way you think. If it wasn't ten bucks a bottle, Heartbreaking Dawn's 1542 would be my user. DELICIOUS southwestern flavor.
haha laugh if you will but since the wide availability of chile, our day to day sauce is the holy jolokia and the sancta scorpio

cajohns-sancto-scorpio-hot-sauce.jpg
holyjolokia2.jpg

of course there's alway sriracha haha

Uriel, what are those purple ones?

Uriel, what are those purple ones?

I believe they are known as the NuMex Centennial chile. We call them, christmas light chiles here. They were developed by Dr. Bosland and his minions to allow growth in smaller containers

numex_centennial.jpg

Last edited:
JR You should change your legal name to J.Scoville :eek:k: hahah

Try this as an everyday sauce, it's called el yucateco and it's a 11,600 scoville's not too bad. We have this too

34.jpg

I have used it, and it is, indeed, not bad. Packed more of a kick than I thought it would.
Try this as an everyday sauce, it's called el yucateco and it's a 11,600 scoville's not too bad. We have this too

34.jpg

34.jpg

I saw these two sauces sitting side by side tonight.. Which one should I get first?

I saw these two sauces sitting side by side tonight.. Which one should I get first?

I would get the top one first, it's pretty tasty on mexican food or pizza also hot pockets!

Here in Gatlinburg we have a store that sells nothing but hot sauces. They have a couple you have to sign a waver to buy. I haven't tried those.

This is going to be the ultimate Chunkyrespond, but clamfist, we're you talking about "All Sauced Up"? I love that store! Also love the XXX White Lightning sauce they sell there!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Back