Cleveland Golf/Srixon Enters The Morgan Cup

Ok, I didn't get that info....I seem to be on the 'need to know list'...... I guess I didn't need to know...:D

Irons:
Iron Selection & numbers: Cleveland 588 CB (5-PW)
Shaft Selection: Rifle
Shaft Flex: 5.5
Length: +0.25 (every iron)
Loft: 2 degrees strong (every iron)
Lie: Standard
Grip Selection: Golf Pride Tour Velvet
Dexterity: Right-handed

Hybrids:
Hybrid Selection: 2012 Mashie M3 & M4
Loft: Standard 20.5 and 23
Length: Standard
Shaft Selection: Miyazaki C. Kua 83g Hybrid
Shaft Flex: Stiff
Grip Selection: Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Compound BLUE

(this was me for the past 6 hours...)
i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing.jpeg

nice order tyno

Look at JB keeping the suspense up. I am sticking to the Mashie iron prediction.

Sweet looking order Tyler! Lots of 588 love.

--
Tapatalk2

All this 588 love = true internet golfers baby!

Nah, nice looking order Tyno! I like it dude.

Nice order tnolan. I am guessing MB's for JB as well. My final guess.

So far everybody has guessed every single iron listed from the line. Its kind of funny.

did you get to golftec tonight sw?

Indeed. My coach wasn't there so I'm meeting him tomorrow. Went and tried several different shafts in an array of weights. Nippon 950(I think), KBS 90, DG 95, KBS Tour, PX 5.0/5.5, S300. Ruled out the 95's and 5.5 but I'll know a lot more tomorrow this time, so will everyone else.

--
Tapatalk2

So far everybody has guessed every single iron listed from the line. Its kind of funny.

Hhahaha- well I think I guessed every iron myself - so yeah.

Indeed. My coach wasn't there so I'm meeting him tomorrow. Went and tried several different shafts in an array of weights. Nippon 950(I think), KBS 90, DG 95, KBS Tour, PX 5.0/5.5, S300. Ruled out the 95's and 5.5 but I'll know a lot more tomorrow this time, so will everyone else.

--
Tapatalk2

Good stuff. Glad you were able to test some different ones tonight. Hope tomorrow goes well for you.

nice order tyno

Sweet looking order Tyler! Lots of 588 love.

--
Tapatalk2

All this 588 love = true internet golfers baby!

Nah, nice looking order Tyno! I like it dude.

thanks broseph. i hit them at a demo day last month and liked them, but for some reason they had extra wraps on the grips that I didn't like, but i got past it and hit some good balls.

thanks guys. this combo will allow me to try my original idea of throwing 2 hybrids into the bag, as well as going back to more of a "player's iron" with a thinner top line.
the 588's remind me a lil bit of the J40's that I previewed in early December.

see...everyone loves trickery, deception and misdirection.
might as well throw a guess out there myself....Mashie irons. i think i remember him crushing them during the live club testing not too long ago.

So...you're saying someone was right?

Dont try to pawn that nickname off on me. Haha.

Lol. JB has something up his sleeve. I reckon its some MB action. Something noone would think but everyone knows he can play.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Lol. JB has something up his sleeve. I reckon its some MB action. Something noone would think but everyone knows he can play.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
I would love to see some MB action in July, but just dont think thats what it will be.

Irons:
Iron Selection & numbers: Cleveland 588 CB (5-PW)
Shaft Selection: Rifle
Shaft Flex: 5.5
Length: +0.25 (every iron)
Loft: 2 degrees strong (every iron)
Grip Selection: Golf Pride Tour Velvet

Hybrids:
Hybrid Selection: 2012 Mashie M3 & M4
Loft: Standard 20.5 and 23
Shaft Selection: Miyazaki C. Kua 83g Hybrid
Grip Selection: Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Compound BLUE

(this was me for the past 6 hours...)
i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing.jpeg

Sweet looking order right there Tyno! I know you will love these.

tnolan- just curious- why did you go with different grips on the irons vs. the hybrids?

tnolan- just curious- why did you go with different grips on the irons vs. the hybrids?

i really like the NDMC grips. i love them in my wedges, and wanted them in some of my other clubs...wasn't sure about driver or 3 wood and i just wasn't sure that i wanted them throughout my iron set.
i've had GP Tour Velvet in my last 3 iron sets and i could not, not have them.

Just wanted to give a shout out and thanks to Cleveland for letting us order any set of iron and then being able to combo the 588s if we so chose. Thanks to our tour rep for working overtime as well.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that we could put in the Iron and Hybrid order, which I submitted early this morning.

I went with:

Irons: 588 Forged CB, 5-PW, Right Handed
Shaft/Flex: KBS 130 X
Loft: Standard
Grip: New Decade Multi-compound Blue Standard. Standard wrap and tape.

The 588s are the best fit in terms of looks and what I am used to playing. I don't play blades as it's just silliness at this point in my game and I felt the other irons after the 588s just didn't suit my eye. The shafts have treated me well in the past two iron sets, so I am not going to tempt fate. After hitting them so well at a local demo day and then the ULTIMATE THP DEMO DAY, I'm really excited to get these into play!

As far as hybrids:

Hybrids: 2012 Mashie M2 & M4, Right Handed
Shaft/Flex: Kusala Black 83 X (in both)
Grip: New Decade Multi-compound Black/White Standard. Standard wrap and tape.

Being as I've enjoyed the success I've had with the Kusala Black in both the Classic Driver and the TF3, this combo is going to be killer for me. I like the new 2012 line of Mashies and the improvements made over the last offering (offset).

What's the fun in that? Everyone else is saying what their orders are going to be, spill the beans! :alien:

I'm typing this on my dinner break at work. I can tell you that my order won't be in until tomorrow at the earliest. My 2 big decisions: whether to go 18-23 or 20.5-23 in the hybrids, and whether to go DG S300 in the 588 CB irons (which is the combo that I've hit multiple times) or put the KBS Tour shafts in there, which are my tried-and-true iron shafts over the past 2 years.
As far as shaft, I am a believer if it's treated you well in the past and you are familiar with it, I wouldn't get away from it. I went with hybrids that bridged from my last iron (5) the best. Between the driver and the 5 iron, I am at 4 or 5 degree gap.

TC- I can just see your face as you are building that dream bag. Can't wait to see how you hit these new offerings!

Hawk- I see you trying to nab a little length out of the strong loft on your 588s. I'll be real interested to see how that works out for you.

tnolan- Another staffer going strong, I like it and looking forward to how you spank these new clubs around the course.

Looking forward to what the other staffers come up with.

Love your choices, I think those are going to serve all of you fellow Cleveland staffers very well.

I would like to say that I think the tools that Cleveland Golf is putting in our hands might as well be weapons of mass destruction. Their quality and complete line is amazing and there is something for every golfer. I have never been a guy that changes equipment very often, but each time I get a piece of Morgan Cup gear, I am pretty blown away by the quality of what is received. These irons will be no different.
That's very said. The fact that we have been able to order custom good in the way of wedges and putters that just had endless possibilities to the latest in breath-taking technology of irons and hybrids is just sensational.

I am so surprised right now. I really didn't expect this for a month. How cool is it that we will have our full bags set at least 6 weeks prior to the event? Way to go Cleveland!
Another great post. I am really thrilled to be on staff with Cleveland and be able to get some familiarity with the entire line before putting them into play. Bravo, Bravo Cleveland!

My order is in! Here it is:

Irons: - CG Black Irons 6-PW
Shaft Selection: Stock Miyazaki C.Kua S 62g

Length: +1/2 inch
Lie: 2* upright
Grip Selection: Stock
Dexterity: Left Handed

HYBRIDS:
Hybrid Selection: 2012 Mashie M4
Loft: 23*
Shaft Selection: Stock Miyazaki Hybrid C.Kua 59 S 62g

My order is in! Here it is:

Irons: - CG Black Irons 6-PW
Shaft Selection: Stock Miyazaki C.Kua S 62g

Length: +1/2 inch
Lie: 2* upright

HYBRIDS:
Hybrid Selection: 2012 Mashie M4
Loft: 23*
Shaft Selection: Stock Miyazaki Hybrid C.Kua 59 S 62g
Awesome! I am glad you are going with the Black Irons, I think they will work perfect for you.

Back