JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So there are tons of Nickent rumors flying around the internet right now and obviously its like the old telephone game in which someone hears one thing and by the time it hits a forum its about something completely different. The question was posed for the company and they will answer it directly later on today.

But I awoke to over 70 emails about this matter and wanted to clear a couple of things up. We do not work for them or any company. They have never given us 1 dime and would not even if we asked for it. I, personally, happen to really like their equipment and would hate to see them go away, but that is just my opinion, as they are not for everybody.

Obviously in this economy every manufacturer is struggling. My gut feeling is that Nickent is struggling more than most due to their size. I have spoken to a lot of the smaller companies that just do not know if they are going to make it and MY opinion is that this company could be no different.

However in speaking with the SR. VP there yesterday he is still upbeat. Hoefy (club maker and VP) said that they have an announcement this upcoming week.

My point in writing all of this was to say that I am sure that when the company chimes in officially we will know exactly what is going on. And while I hope that it does not involve a company I happen to really like go away, it has happened before (I still miss Sonartec) and it will happen again. I really enjoy the Nickent products that they have put out the last two years and hope to see what comes out soon.

We try and give a voice to any company that wants it here through consumer interaction. To help the consumers out the most we felt as though that interacting with the companies directly gave people the best education and then they could say what works and what doesn't directly to the company. As well as ask questions that they had trouble finding answers to. It does not mean in any way that we "are working with them". Soon you will see sections for other companies such as Taylormade, Callaway, Nike, and more and they will all be able to assist you when you need it. It is not something we do for money or to benefit us. It is our way of making sure that our forum members get the most information they possibly can.

Thanks for reading my post.

Last edited:
I really hope they don't go out of business. Once I get a job, a lot of my cash is going to be thrown at Nickent.

yeah, i hope they're not going anywhere either. they make some of the best equipment on the market imo. i hope we get some good news later about this

i hadnt heard the rumours....potential bad news indeed. My bag is all nickent other than my irons and putter.

Wouldnt do that unless they were quality

JB, keep me posted as my curiosity is HIGH!

I have heard many rumors and read them other places as well. I am not wanting to go posting what I have heard since I did not hear it direct.

Does anyone have anything concrete?

Ive heard the Nickent rumors, but Im not going to say what Ive heard because I dont know if its true.
JB, I dont think that anyone can accuse you of being, "on the payroll" of any company. For as long as I have been on here, you have told it like it is. IMO, this is one of the more un-biased golf forums and I hope that never changes.

• Admin
SSB and Bake,
Nickent made a post directly about this situation. No rumors anymore.

Back