I have been selected to test the Top Flite D2 Feel

Badger_Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Today I got a package in the mail from the PGA Tour Partners Club and inside of it was a sleeve of Top Flite D2 Feel golfballs and a letter that said:
"Dear PGA Tour Partners product tester,
Thanks for your participation in the testing of the new version of the Top-Flite D2 Feel golf ball, part of the new D2 arsenal that also includes the D2 Distance, D2 Straight and D2 Diva. Hopefully, most of you have already tried the original version of the groundbreaking D2 family of golf balls that features Dimple in Dimple Aerodynamics, name one of Time Magazine's inventionf othe Year in 2007.
So in the tradition of our Never Lay Up attitude, our engineers went back to the drawing board to see how they could make the D2 golf balls better. They manned up and came through. The new D2 Feel is now even longer with softer feel and better greenside spin to make it stick. And the best part is that it comes at the same affordable price so that you'll have more in your wallet for the next round.
Introducting the new Top-Flite D2 Feel golf ball. Its even longer than the original with a softer ball compression that gives you extra spin and control around the green with longer distance off the tee. Play the ball that gives you the confidence to never lay up!"
So, now all I gotta do is put these golfballs into play and fill out a little survey with my opinions of them.
All in all, not bad. It seems like once every few months the Partners Club sends me something to try out. Last November they sent me a sleeve of Noodle+s to try out (sucky golfballs, IMO), back in Febaruary they sent me this rod you stick into the grip that helps you to not flip the club when pitching and now they set me these Top-Flites. Pretty cool. :D

Very cool. Most people in the club never get to try out stuff.

What is the D2 Diva? Women's version?

I really like the D2 Feel's...a really good "cheap ball"...spin pretty well. I think you'll like them.

Very cool. Most people in the club never get to try out stuff.
Really? Interesting. Perhaps its because Im really good about sending the surveys back promptly and Im really descriptive in terms of what I like and dont like.

What is the D2 Diva? Women's version?

I really like the D2 Feel's...a really good "cheap ball"...spin pretty well. I think you'll like them.
Yeah, the Diva is the women's ball. Im looking foreward to trying them out. Im pretty open-minded and love trying out new stuff. I make no secret of the fact that I tend to lean towards Japanese golf stuff (Mizuno clubs and Bridgestone/Precept and Srixon balls), but I'll give these Top-Flites a chance.
Last year I found a Callaway Big Bertha golfball and I really liked that, so it will be intersting to see how these Top-Flites compare.
Im just honored to have the opportunity to test out stuff like this, its nice to see that someone out there cares what a nobody like me thinks and whats not to love about getting free golf stuff.
Oh, I almost forgot, last month the Partner's Club send me these tees called, "Smart Tees". They are basically a plastic tee that is a tee and a divot repair tool put together. I found that they work great for cleaning grass out of the spikes of my golf shoes...

Glad you posted this Bake, I had forgotten to fill out the questionnaire for the Top Flite XL's that they sent me. I finally got to use them last week. Do they try and sell you a video everytime they send you something tho review.

Ive been getting the videos. I found the driving video and chipping/pitching video to be helpful, but the "fundementals of the golfswing" didnt really impress me and I sent it back.

I didn't even open the video, just sent it back. I'm wondering if they will send anything out if you don't purchase the vids? (I'm thinking no)

LOL...I dunno. I guess if I dont get anymore else to test I will know why.

That didn't sound like I meant it...

I should have said I wonder if they will send me out anything else if I don't buy the vids. Heck I was surprised when I got a sleeve of balls, I just joined for the magazine anyway.

I filled out a form with my membership saying that I wanted to be a product tester. I know it said that if you fail to return a survey for a product that you wont be eligible for future product tests.
I really dont know why I joined. I dont get much from the magazine. The free stuff they have sent me has pretty much repayed me for the membership dues though.

Well, I got the chance to put the D2s into play today and they are actually pretty nice for the price.
I got really good distance off the tee with them, at least 1 club longer than the Titleist DT Carry that I had been using and they actually spun pretty good and held the greens very well.
They also had a very soft feel coming off of the putter.
My only real complaint with them is with the durability of the cover. Even with my Mizuno wedges which arent the spinniest wedges in the world to begin with, I scuffed 'em up pretty bad and these golfballs seemed to get grass stains on them a lot easier than other golfballs that I have used.
All in all though, they are a pretty sweet ball for the price, not to mention they are made in the USA, which is never a bad thing.

Thanks for the info, might have to give them a try.

No prob. They are actually pretty decent golfballs. I was pretty surprised with the distance of them.
I started out my round today playing a Titleist DT Carry, played a few holes with that ball and then remembered I had to try out the D2s. The first hole I played with the D2 Feel was a 150 yard par 3, which for me is usually a 7-iron and I ended up airmailing the ball over the green by about 30 yards.
All in all, other than the cover not being as durable as some others I have tried, I found the D2 Feel to be a very nice golfball, especially for only being $15 for a box of 15.

they sent me some mosquito repellant to try out.........in December....
I realize I live in Alabama, but geeesh....even the mosquitos are dormant or dead by then....It would be another month before I could test that stuff...Really useful stuff to test....not

I agree with the grass-stain part, however I haven't had any problem scuffing them up. Only time I scuff them is when they hit a cart path, tree, etc.

I get mail from them but have never signed up.

I was a tester for Camel cigarettes, hahaha. True story though, got to try a bunch of blends and even help design the packaging.

I was signed up for 2 full years and never got to try anything.

I somehow am still a member even though I haven't paid in about 2 years, still get the magazine for some reason. I received 2 items to test, 1 was that same stick thing you got where it goes in the end of a wedge & the other one was some ridiculous dry sponges. I sent in my reviews for both items & also returned the video they tried to sell me, never heard from them again.

I really like the D2 feel. I played them till I found the Wilson Zips. I would have no issue if I had to go back to them.

Yeah, I liked 'em too. Right now Im stocked up on soooo many Bridgestone and Precept golfballs, but when I use all those up Im switching to Top-Flite D2s.
At $15 for a box of 15, you cant go wrong.

I played the top flight Ds last year and actually liked them not that I get much spin on the greens anyway. I did like the distance. After reading about the z ball and bridgestone balls I wonder how they compare. If they are even close then how can you beat the cost. Wow..:clapp:

Well, the Srixon Z-Star and Bridgestone B330 arent even in the same league as the Top-Flite D2. You will get a lot more spin with the Z-Star and B330.
I do agree with you though, the D2s are a great ball for the money.

Well, the Srixon Z-Star and Bridgestone B330 arent even in the same league as the Top-Flite D2. You will get a lot more spin with the Z-Star and B330.
I do agree with you though, the D2s are a great ball for the money.

However, how many weekend hackers put a ton of spin on the ball? Everyone talks about hitting the green & having the ball backspin but I haven't seen it done on a regular basis by anyone except pro's.

I can however lose those expensive balls just as easily as the cheaper ones.

Dyna you are right about that. Plus, most amateurs do not compress the soft balls like ProV's enough to have them work for them off the tee. In fact they can be counter productive in that you can really increase side spin. However as someone that plays a course with hard greens, if I do not use a soft ball (I do put quite a bit of spin on the ball), I have to aim at the front of the green because too much release kills me.

However, how many weekend hackers put a ton of spin on the ball? Everyone talks about hitting the green & having the ball backspin but I haven't seen it done on a regular basis by anyone except pro's.

I can however lose those expensive balls just as easily as the cheaper ones.

Well, amateurs can spin the ball. I don't necessarily back everything up, but after about 7-8 rounds with the D2 feel...I have yet to have a ball release more than 2-3 ft on a full shot. I usually spin one back once-twice a round with the D2's, and 4-5 times a round with the V1x.
I can't play the V1's because I'll start hooking and slicing like crazy. Could be in my head, idk, but it happens.
I get a lot of spin because I have a VERY steep swing with my 9i, PW, and wedges.

Back