The Morgan Cup - The Official 2012 Thread

I guess I need to pick a team to pull for. Last year I had the winning team and I just cant pull for the same team again. So is it the Hackers or team THP? Chunky and I share the same birthday which means he has to be awesome like me. I played with and shared a villa with Bullfrog but a wine cooler whooped him. I played a few holes with Mr. Awesome and he was a blast. Had dinner with Morgan and JB the last night of the outing and learned some stuff from team CEO. Its a tough choice....

I guess I need to pick a team to pull for. Last year I had the winning team and I just cant pull for the same team again. So is it the Hackers or team THP? Chunky and I share the same birthday which means he has to be awesome like me. I played with and shared a villa with Bullfrog but a wine cooler whooped him. I played a few holes with Mr. Awesome and he was a blast. Had dinner with Morgan and JB the last night of the outing and learned some stuff from team CEO. Its a tough choice....

Come on now dude. This is an easy choice. Birthdays are thicker than anything.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like an easy choice to me Vince...

I don't know Vince, from Virginia.....seems like if you back Team Paradise and they won last year, then you stick with what got you there....remember we have 3 returning members...and ME...LOL

This makes no sense. Stay with the defending champs, we're going to win again!

Hi Vince! Remember me? You know what the right choice is.

Tappin' from the iPhone!

Since I can't drink them I will let you have all of mine. Plus if you remember we were dodging clubs together. Lol :laughing:

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

Hi Vince! Remember me? You know what the right choice is.

Tappin' from the iPhone!

If that ain't a glaring endorsement not to pull for team hackers I don't know what is.

--
Tapatalk2

If that ain't a glaring endorsement not to pull for team hackers I don't know what is.

--
Tapatalk2

I honestly completely agree with this! What more could you ask for?

Tappin' from the iPhone!

I honestly completely agree with this! What more could you ask for?

Tappin' from the iPhone!

A roll of duct tape, a tazer, and a step ladder.

--
Tapatalk2

A roll of duct tape, a tazer, and a step ladder.

--
Tapatalk2

LMAO. Touché! Don't be jealous.....I can show you a thing or seven. :D

Tappin' from the iPhone!

Well 1/3 of the defending champs. Vince you're a man of integrity and honor, whichever team you choose will appreciate it.

But team THP a little more :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Well logic has obviously left some people.

On another note, Degoins, glad to hear you are joining the fun. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Team Paradise...the only owner the Morgan Cup has ever known.

Looking forward to the first round matchup with you biggsy, a round with 3 THPers I have never met or played with yet. What a better way to kick off my MC experience than playing against the captain of the former champs.

Looking forward to it as well IN. The whole experience is a blast that you'll remember for a long time.

Tappin from my iPad

This makes no sense. Stay with the defending champs, we're going to win again!

I am confused with comments like this, "defending champs" and such. That only makes sense if the teams this year were the same as last year, not all new teams. While it is true that all of the participants in MC 1.0 who sent in a video for MC 2.0 were selected, it still it a whole new MC with all new teams.

Just my $0.02.

I am confused with comments like this, "defending champs" and such. That only makes sense if the teams this year were the same as last year, not all new teams. While it is true that all of the participants in MC 1.0 who sent in a video for MC 2.0 were selected, it still it a whole new MC with all new teams.

Just my $0.02.

Not quite all were selected again.

--
Tapatalk2

Just my $0.02.

So I shouldn't call your NY Giants the defending champs next year in the NFL because they don't bring their entire roster back from last season?

I understand that it's not apples-to-apples, but I choose to think of our team as the defending champs, especially because we do bring back multiple members of last year's winning team.

Just my $0.02.

It follows the same logic as The New York Giants are the defending Superbowl Champs...right? Is the team exactly the same as it was last year?? Are some of that teams former players now on other opposing teams? Are there new players on the Giants?

But they are still consider the defending Champions.....it is a TEAM event...no matter who makes up the teams, Team Paradise is the Defending Morgan Cup Champion.

It follows the same logic as The New York Giants are the defending Superbowl Champs...right? Is the team exactly the same as it was last year?? Are some of that teams former players now on other opposing teams? Are there new players on the Giants?

But they are still consider the defending Champions.....it is a TEAM event...no matter who makes up the teams, Team Paradise is the Defending Morgan Cup Champion.

You know as I was typing my response I was thinking the very same thing. It is and it isn't in my opinion. What I mean is if all the people who were on Paradise last year still were and then others were added, same with Hackers then perhaps in an event like this you can say you are trying to repeat. But just cause you are on the same team that won last year in name only does that really mean you can say you are a defending champion ( and I am not speaking of you directly, just in general). Actually this doesn't really matter anyway cause while the competition is one part of the weekend, it is should not be the focus of the event.

So I shouldn't call your NY Giants the defending champs next year in the NFL because they don't bring their entire roster back from last season?

I understand that it's not apples-to-apples, but I choose to think of our team as the defending champs, especially because we do bring back multiple members of last year's winning team.

You are correct it is not apples to apples and see my comment above...

Back