Houston Open Possible Spoilers

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Decent field in this one. Phil blew up today. Nice to see Baird and his SeeMore doing well.

What's the deal with Baird's putting stance? I've seen a bunch of players with their forward foot pulled back to get an open stance, but I don't know that I have ever seen someone pull back their back foot like he does. I like seeing the SeeMore.

Northern+Trust+Open+Round+One+0O1thHstZH_l.jpg

What's the deal with Baird's putting stance? I've seen a bunch of players with their forward foot pulled back to get an open stance, but I don't know that I have ever seen someone pull back their back foot like he does. I like seeing the SeeMore.

Northern+Trust+Open+Round+One+0O1thHstZH_l.jpg

He's been doing that for a while, my coach explained that stance to me, but I forget what he said :dohanim:

I was told to try that as a drill. It helps you keep your weight forward. I guess he took it very literally :)

• Admin
How about Freddie Couples leading the event. How great is that.

Wow, Norman shot an 81 today...

• Admin
Goes to a playoff and I was rootingfor JB Holmes. Heck if the guy wins he gets into Augusta. Its not over yet, but he put the drive in the drink. Going to be tough.

im downstairs and not watchng. did u say Holmes just put his driver in the water on the 1st playoff hole?

YUP. I sure did.

went upstairs and watched it...thats a shame Holmes isnt going to The Masters

Wow, that was really sad to see JB put it in the water on the first hole. He played stupid though, he wanted to hit the green in two and have the bird advantage over casey, he got too greedy.

Wow, that was really sad to see JB put it in the water on the first hole. He played stupid though, he wanted to hit the green in two and have the bird advantage over casey, he got too greedy.

Go big or go home.

But Dent, he was putting the match in his own hands, he wanted to get into the Masters. It's unfortunate he didn't get in, I always find myself rooting for him.

Go big or go home.

But Dent, he was putting the match in his own hands, he wanted to get into the Masters. It's unfortunate he didn't get in, I always find myself rooting for him.

He could have done that playing safe.

JB was first, pull out the 3 wood, Casey may have chosen driver. I know it may not make a difference but with that wind I don't think he should have been playing a draw on that hole.

Back