Wake

Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone heard anything about this project? It's a 36 hole course and resort they are building in Ft Meade, Fl. One course is going to be designed by Tom Doak (Pacific Dunes) and the other by Coore and Crenshaw (Friar's Head). The courses are built on retired phosphate mines, so it will feature a ton of elevation change for Florida.

Ft Meade is about 45 minutes to an hour from Tampa and Orlando, not really close to anything but easily accesible from both cities. It's 20 minutes south of me, so I am freaking excited. It sounds like it could be a truly wonderful place. I did a search and couldn't find anything on it.

http://www.streamsongresort.com/images/stories/streamsong/press/gca-onsite.pdf

Just found these pics:joy:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithrhebb/sets/72157624336297903/?page=4

Last edited:
Don't forget that Crenshaw and Coore designed Bandon Trails as well! It sounds like this is going to be a sweet project, maybe a little bit of links goodness in Florida.

Wow. Those pictures look great. If the courses are anything like the Bandon courses, you are in for a real treat.

I don't know when it's supposed to open, but those pics dated in October don't look like it's too far from being completed. And it looks awesome!

I don't know when it's supposed to open, but those pics dated in October don't look like it's too far from being completed. And it looks awesome!

Fall next year for the course, Fall 2013 for the resort.

From the pics it looks pretty neat, it would be nice to have a Links or Heathland course in Florida.

I was able to tour the property today, and still I can say is wow. This place is going to be special. The pictures do not begin to do it justice.

Tapin for bird

I was able to tour the property today, and still I can say is wow. This place is going to be special. The pictures do not begin to do it justice.

Tapin for bird

I am SOOOO jealous! I am so excited for these courses to open. The story behind these courses is pretty awesome. Eventhough Blue is officially a Doak and the Red is a Crenshaw/Coore, they actually routed the 36 holes together. Tell me the last place that did that. Pretty cool!

Tapin for bird

Are they still on schedule Wake? Do they have a hard date for the opening?

I am SOOOO jealous! I am so excited for these courses to open. The story behind these courses is pretty awesome. Eventhough Blue is officially a Doak and the Red is a Crenshaw/Coore, they actually routed the 36 holes together. Tell me the last place that did that. Pretty cool!

It really is very cool,
I got to hear lots of great insight while riding around both courses. they really are going to be two great courses.

Are they still on schedule Wake? Do they have a hard date for the opening?

Grand opening in december.

Tapin for bird

I just read a nice article about this place in Golf Odyssey magazine, it's on my list of places to visit in the future. The topography sounds a bit Bandon-esque, but the weather will be much better and much easier for me to get to from up here. It's also less than 1.5 hours away from the Orlando and Tampa airports.

That looks so awesome. A course built on old mines sounds awesome. I bet the courses have awesome layouts.

I just read a nice article about this place in Golf Odyssey magazine, it's on my list of places to visit in the future. The topography sounds a bit Bandon-esque, but the weather will be much better and much easier for me to get to from up here. It's also less than 1.5 hours away from the Orlando and Tampa airports.

It's going to be pretty freaking neat. I think it is going to be very similar to Bandon. Bandon has the ocean, which obviously this doesn't have going for it. However this is Much more accessible.

it looks like what i imagine half of heaven looks like. Y'know, the other half being the clouds, the golden gate, and so forth.

I can't wait for this course to open, I love the way it's looking.

I read about this earlier this week, on my way back from St Louis. I'm looking forward to the opening. Only 90min from Otown, me thinks a florida gathering is in order. iNot sure but I thought they pushed up the opening,

Wake....we gotta play this track when doors open

Wake....we gotta play this track when doors open

Absolutely, both courses look equally amazing. I will tell you I couldn't believe my eyes when I first got a glimpse at Blue #1, the pictures don't begin to do it justice

Absolutely, both courses look equally amazing. I will tell you I couldn't believe my eyes when I first got a glimpse at Blue #1, the pictures don't begin to do it justice

I know they don't and thats why I want at this course. It's very unusual to find anything like this in Florida. I hope they slick up those greens.

I read about this earlier this week, on my way back from St Louis. I'm looking forward to the opening. Only 90min from Otown, me thinks a florida gathering is in order. iNot sure but I thought they pushed up the opening,

No doubt man This is a must play.

I enjoy links styled courses and this one is now on must play list as soon as it opens.

TapAhoy!

Back