Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade ATV Wedges

Kmac says, Hello set of 50*, 54*, 58*

I still think a 2 wedge setup with these would be a nice way to go. If what I heard on the radio show holds true through the testing, I think a setup of 50* and 56* can cover all the shots one would need.

haha exactly my thinking. But both my sets of irons already have a GW so I only really need two wedges.

haha exactly my thinking. But both my sets of irons already have a GW so I only really need two wedges.
I really wish I had a GW for the DPCs.

I hold a pretty solid/respectable handicap and I still SUCK out of the bunkers. One day I look like Luke Donald, the next day I look like a guy who has never been in one before. If the sole cuts through the sand how I expect it to, I am fine...I just struggle with finding a repetative reaction coming through the sand, and I feel like the lack of a grind, etc. on any of my current wedges isn't really helping my efforts.

I'm really curious to see if the versatility of this sole could help me to remove the variances out of the equation and just work on finding a swing that will consistently get me out and within makable range.

This. I'm streaky in general but nowhere is it more apparent than in the bunker. Some days I'm on fire and others I'm terrible. I find I struggle with the different bunkers and sand (fluffy, wet, etc). I'm extremely curious about how this performs out of the sand. I play a 56˚ predominantly in green side bunkers. I'll be really interested to hear how the testers feel the sole design helps them.

I only picked up the 54* to do some early comparison. I really want to experiment with a 56*, too, just to see if I like one better than the other.

I am not a good bunker player, but I have been practicing a lot on bunkers this year. I have gotten pretty good with my Vokeys. Interesting (to me, at least), when I was playing public courses with unpredictable bunkers, I really preferred to use the 58* wedge, unless the shot was so long that I thought I needed the 54*. Now that I am a club member and playing courses with plenty of nice sand in them I prefer the 54*, but I will still use the 58* for really short shots, or if there's a high lip, or if the bunker is a little wet.

I'm not hitting the 54* ATV out of the bunkers well, and I cannot figure out if its the club or just my technique. I suspect I have developed an unconventional method of escaping bunkers with my Vokeys, and its just not transferring over to the ATVs. I don't intend to be unconventional, I just think I probably am. With the ATV, I tend to hit too far behind the ball, and the club either skips into the ball and sculls it over the green, or it digs into the sand and pops the ball up really short. I don't have that problem so much with the Vokeys, and almost never have that problem on the course. I tried really hard to hit some conventional bunker shots on Saturday with the ATV, and I had mixed results - some great shots, some terrible shots.

Contrast this with the SCORS: best bunker club I've ever used was the 54* SCOR I had for one month. I wasn't always close to the hole, but I never missed a green using the SCOR wedge out of a bunker. I didn't like the club for other reasons, but it was money out of the sand.

Count me as another interested in these out of the sand. I LOVE taking full swings with wedges and the lack of bounce on these proved to be excellent in my short test at the outing for full swings from the fairway. BUT from the bunker it will be interesting to see how these perform in the various types of sand and lies I get stuck playing from around here.
At the outing, the test bunker had very little sand so I was not able to really try the fluffy or burried lies. If a single wedge can provide all the sand shots, that would be amazing as my other wedges could have very little bounce and I wouldn't be penalized.

I've been planning to switch from my 54, 60 setup to a three wedge setup of 50, 54, and 58 (my PW is 46, so 4 degree gaps). I want to do this as I have PW or less into basically any par 4 I hit a driver off of, and it makes sense to give myself as many full shots as possible.

Now, these have me wondering if I should switch to 52 and 58 only, due to the versatility. I also pondered adding a 64 to this, but I feel like the versatility of the 58 could allow me to play it like a 64 when needed.

I feel like a 64 would be nice to have in the bag, but I don't see myself ever hitting a full shot with it and I'd rather have smaller gaps in my lower lofted wedges.

Decisions, decisions.

I agree hanks these seem awesome from the bunkers. And I struggle from bunkers

I have my moments, where the stars align, and I actually land the ball where I intend, but count me in as someone who struggles in the sand...

Tap tap taparoo

I've been planning to switch from my 54, 60 setup to a three wedge setup of 50, 54, and 58 (my PW is 46, so 4 degree gaps). I want to do this as I have PW or less into basically any par 4 I hit a driver off of, and it makes sense to give myself as many full shots as possible.

Now, these have me wondering if I should switch to 52 and 58 only, due to the versatility. I also pondered adding a 64 to this, but I feel like the versatility of the 58 could allow me to play it like a 64 when needed.

I feel like a 64 would be nice to have in the bag, but I don't see myself ever hitting a full shot with it and I'd rather have smaller gaps in my lower lofted wedges.

Decisions, decisions.

Yeah, its funny, the podcast said that eliminating the bounce options was supposed to make wedge selection easier, but thanks to that Justin Rose comment we're all contemplating the possibilities. I am 50/54/58 right now, and I've been been thinking 50/56/60, 52/58/64, 50/56/64.....I'm all over the map, and yet I will likely just wind up sticking with my Vokeys for now.

Yeah, its funny, the podcast said that eliminating the bounce options was supposed to make wedge selection easier, but thanks to that Justin Rose comment we're all contemplating the possibilities. I am 50/54/58 right now, and I've been been thinking 50/56/60, 52/58/64, 50/56/64.....I'm all over the map, and yet I will likely just wind up sticking with my Vokeys for now.

haha, it's perfect isn't it? Their thought really backfired on that one...at least for anyone like us. Geesh.

My course is all wedge play since it is only 2355 yards Par 31. Small greens on the whole course, and four of the par 3s range from 190 yards to 225 yards. I will definitely be paying attention to the reviews on this wedge to see if the ATV could live up to the high standard set by my Titleist wedge.

Looking forward to the announcement.

~Rock

Will be a fun test. I'm really interested to see how these stack up.

Can't wait :)
Good luck fellow hopefuls :)

Just tappin away

I'm assuming that if we don't already have a Personal Message from JB about this, we probably won't be getting one? I want to scoop one of these up ASAP but I have been waiting for the testers to be announced. I am dying with the huge hole in my bag between PW and 60*.

I'm assuming that if we don't already have a Personal Message from JB about this, we probably won't be getting one? I want to scoop one of these up ASAP but I have been waiting for the testers to be announced. I am dying with the huge hole in my bag between PW and 60*.

Per KMAC the testers won't be announced until tonight. Everyone usually finds out at the same time. Hold tight for the announcement this evening. :D

I would love to participate in testing

1. What wedges do you currently play? Ping G20 SW, UW and a Cleveland 60*
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? Not yet, but I like the look of it and believe it would be more versatile than my G20 wedges
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I think it looks really useful and would allow the club to be used reliably more often
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Daily reader and post when I feel I can add something relevant to the discussion or to thank others for their information.

I agree hanks these seem awesome from the bunkers. And I struggle from bunkers

I've really been working on my bunker game since the Outing because I felt like I left some shots on the course and I'm getting better but I found my swing in the bunker doesn't really jive with high bounce wedges. So I'll certainly be interested in seeing how these do in the bunker with the sole design.

Good luck to everyone who entered and thanks again to :taylormade: and :thp:

Final day bump for this great opportunity from TM and THP.

Just wanted to let everyone know that the testers will be announced tonight. This one should be fun and have lots of buzz.

I just want to let you know, that you are the wind beneath my wings.

Butt kissing not allowed, hahaha.

I'm glad to see a big turnout for this one.

This should be interesting! If I am chosen, I'll do a 588 vs ATV face off!!! (That would be a more appropriate name if testing involved the xFT).

Edit: Changed win, to chosen. This is not a contest.

This should be interesting! If I am chosen, I'll do a 588 vs ATV face off!!! (That would be a more appropriate name if testing involved the xFT).

Edit: Changed win, to chosen. This is not a contest.

lol. same here, but with the RAC TP.
anxious to hear the winners, and hopefully see my own username posted :)
either way, MUCHAS GRACIAS to :taylormade: and :thp:!!
this outta be a great review

Great, can't wait to see if I ge the chance to test these bad boys out!

I know what you mean...these jsut seemed to go through the sand better for me...it could've been total luck of the draw but when I was able to do it a few times in a row? that's something different.

I've really been working on my bunker game since the Outing because I felt like I left some shots on the course and I'm getting better but I found my swing in the bunker doesn't really jive with high bounce wedges. So I'll certainly be interested in seeing how these do in the bunker with the sole design.

especially when channelling Bette Midler

I know what you mean...these jsut seemed to go through the sand better for me...it could've been total luck of the draw but when I was able to do it a few times in a row? that's something different.

especially when channelling Bette Midler

Sure hope so. If i get selected, its gonna be a big help to my sand game. My rac's always seem to skip right across the sand..

Who said I was butt kissing. KMAC, "Did you ever know that your my heroooooooooo" HAHA

Back