Odyssey Putters 2012

Just opened my #6 I got for a song. Mint.

I'll be doing my adjustments to it today, still not sure if I'm gonna bust out a black putter shaft on it or not. That's a lot of black. It'll get cut down or reshafted though and have some lead tape added too.

I'm a fan of the numero 7 and have one with the White Hot XG insert. What is it about the Metal X that makes it better (if it is better for you)? I'll say that I hit the 2ball Metal X and did think it had a nice little click to it. Not so dead sounding like the White Hot.

I put my MX #7 against my #7 white hot XG.

I felt like the MX put a little better roll on the ball- but more importantly... I felt like I had better distance control. My White Hot XG has always been very good from within 10 feet- but I always struggled on the long 30+ footers and leaving it close. The last few rounds my lag putting has improved pretty noticably.

I do enjoy the click on the MX too, but that makes very little difference to me in terms of buying or not buying a putter

Good info. Thanks guys. I'm a fan of the fang.

The #7 is weird shape, that is for sure, but it works so well. I havent spent any time with the #6, seems to be a favorite of a lot of people, so maybe I should give it a roll or two to see how it works. The MX insert is great, and having not played an insert putter in a while, it has be a nice move back. Roll the MX Rossie if you can find one, it was a tough decision between that and the #7, but at the end of the day, I went with my old trusty #7 design.

It sure is and I couldn't get away from that thought in my head.

The #7 was the first "real" putter that I bought years ago. Before that I had always used my old Tad Moore putter my Dad had given me years ago. I used the #7 for a couple years back then, and rolled it well. So going back to the #7 now for me has been quite easy, weird shape and all.

There was an old guy who almost won The Open with a #7 a few years ago.

image.jpg

Its just on a putting green....but the insert is certainly intriguing.

I pestered JB about his thoughts on it this weekend but didn't roll the 9 they brought. Been messing with the 6 here on my Tour Links though and I'm struggling to put it into words. I can visibly see the quick roll, but the feel is not like an insert to me. Strange, not a bad strange, just strange.

Gonna take me a bit to wrap my head around it.

I'm hoping the 2ball comes in this week. After rolling it all weekend in the store, I'm pumped about my order

I freaking love this #6 headshape in hand. The wide flange looks great.

I'm hoping the 2ball comes in this week. After rolling it all weekend in the store, I'm pumped about my order

I want the putter too, but I don't know that it will get here before the irons and hybrids!

I want the putter too, but I don't know that it will get here before the irons and hybrids!

I'm thinking they ship them all together. But I didn't mean to make this a waiting for my putter type post. I think the 2ball is going to be a beast for me.

Its just on a putting green....but the insert is certainly intriguing.

I pestered JB about his thoughts on it this weekend but didn't roll the 9 they brought. Been messing with the 6 here on my Tour Links though and I'm struggling to put it into words. I can visibly see the quick roll, but the feel is not like an insert to me. Strange, not a bad strange, just strange.

Gonna take me a bit to wrap my head around it.

I had similar thoughts after first rolling the Metal X putters. It was like I sort of liked it but I wasnt sure yet. But I knew it was good.

I'm thinking they ship them all together. But I didn't mean to make this a waiting for my putter type post. I think the 2ball is going to be a beast for me.

I hope not, I think the putters are two weeks out at least.

I had similar thoughts after first rolling the Metal X putters. It was like I sort of liked it but I wasnt sure yet. But I knew it was good.

Exactly. I'm looking forward to getting on course with it to see the pace of the roll I get out there. Crazy to wrap my head around.

Excuse me?

I really want this putter to get here. I think the Dart with this insert could be a game changer for me, and right now I need that.

THP is testy these days.

My best guess is he thought I was putting down Tom Watson? No idea. Huge TW (Tom Watson) fan here!

Or he is a Tiger fanboi and thinks you are insulting Tiger by impying there may have been someone else in golf who might also be referred to as TW... before Tiger was ever THE "TW".

Sorry guys!!! I'm a huge TIGER FAN!!!
I'm sorry. hahaha

But at any rate, this is an Odyssey putters thread, not another Eldrick thread.

If Ted Williams were alive, he'd roll a MX #7

If Ted Williams were alive, he'd roll a MX #7

I heard his they froze one with him in that cryogenic tomb he's in.

Back