Gimme some putters to try out!

bahester

Follow me: @bahester
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 9.6
Well, I've been experimenting with a new SeeMore for a few months now and though I feel better with it than I did my previous putter, I still don't feel very comfortable over the ball. I've got a link to a youtube here I sent to SeeMore back in April and would appreciate some suggestions about potential putters to try out relative to my putting stroke. I've improved it a lot since this video, as you can see I tend to not release it in the video but with some help from SeeMore I've become better and better at releasing the putter head.

If you have any tips on specific models to try out or maybe a toe hang specifically I should look for when rolling new putters it would be much appreciated :act-up:

ps. I know I have hairy arms. Sowry. It's the TC in me.
pss. The putter I'm rolling now is the SeeMore FGP Original

Not sure what number, but try the PING Anser series? A few strokes on iPING and it would be able to tell you exactly which one to use.

Looks like you take it quite a bit to the inside on the backstroke. I would be staying away from face balanced putters. Get something with a nice bit of toe hang.

Looks like you take it quite a bit to the inside on the backstroke. I would be staying away from face balanced putters. Get something with a nice bit of toe hang.

i agree with Chunky although its hard to tell on video sometimes. id go get fitted somewhere if you don't have an iping app and cradle. best way to find out what you should be using.

Look into the Boccieri Heavy putters. If you wanted to be baller, I would get in contact with TP Mills. Send them that video and have them make a putter for you.

This is why fitting is so important. My stroke was very much a full arc (using the iPing app at home with a 35" putter) and I thought for sure I would be put in a putter with a bunch of toe hang at my fitting w/ Bettinardi. At Studio B the fitter watched me take some putts with my putter and then handed me a 34". We then we used the iPing again and my putts we much more SBST.

This is why fitting is so important. My stroke was very much a full arc (using the iPing app at home with a 35" putter) and I thought for sure I would be put in a putter with a bunch of toe hang at my fitting w/ Bettinardi. At Studio B the fitter watched me take some putts with my putter and then handed me a 34". We then we used the iPing again and my putts we much more SBST.

Well I just fit him! I agree though. Get a putter fitting and you will be set

Well I just fit him! I agree though. Get a putter fitting and you will be set

I don't disagree with your assesment and if he doesn't plan to change any other factors and is not going to get get fit then you answered he question perfectly. I am sure it gets old but I do think fitting is the correct answer 99% of the time.

Rule number 2: You can never have to many SeeMores.

At the start of the Video your first stroke from over head it looks like your moving your head. Shouldn't it remain still?

a putter designed for your stroke is a safe bet. I've got a pretty straight stroke, and so I'm looking at buying a newer putter designed for it. Now just to find some money!

My blind recommendations are the TaylorMade Ghost Spider and the Nike Drone. Both are mallet putters with substantial MOI and forgiveness.

At the start of the Video your first stroke from over head it looks like your moving your head. Shouldn't it remain still?

Yeah, haha. I was trying to hold the camera steady that was attached to my belt (dont ask), so body parts were moving.

I don't disagree with your assesment and if he doesn't plan to change any other factors and is not going to get get fit then you answered he question perfectly. I am sure it gets old but I do think fitting is the correct answer 99% of the time.

I agree with you and Chunky very much. I plan to get fit, I'm always just of the mindset that I like to get as many opinions as possible. I'll get fit and follow what they recommend, but it's always interesting to hear different opinions and try em out. Thanks for the answers everyone :act-up:

I'm no expert so you can take this with a grain of salt, sand or silt, but it looked to me like your right hand was turned so far left (weak position) that it really forces your take away to the inside.
Then you are trying to get it back online going forward.

Anyway your question was about putters, not your stroke, so I would suggest the TM Ghost Spider.
It really helps me stay online on the take away and down the line after impact.

Find a Betti that fits your stroke and you won't be sorry. I've tried a million putter and never felt one that was anywhere close to my SS8. They are unparalleled imo.

I used the iPing app and it directed me to the Answer. I picked one up last week and on Sunday my putts decreased from 38 (avg last few rounds) to 33. More importanly I only had 1 three putt, on an impossible green if you are above the hole. I didn't strike the ball particularly well - but I was around the hole all day with the putter

Nike Drone, and the Taylormade Manta! Both are great feeling putters.

Lots of good suggestions/input. Thanks a lot guys. Exactly what I was hoping for.

Nike Drone, and the Taylormade Manta! Both are great feeling putters.

I tried the Manta. It's a great looking and feeling putter. However, I found it lacking in the MOI department. It just wasn't as forgiving as the Spider.

I would agree with the Spider Ghost, Manta, and Drone to try out. I love my Spider and has helped my putting so much.

I would agree with the Spider Ghost, Manta, and Drone to try out. I love my Spider and has helped my putting so much.

I think I'm definitely going to try the Spider out for sure. I could probably use a little more forgiveness

Putters are such personal decisions. Impossible to make a Recommendation except to get fitted, then try everyone that fits, many times over.

I just went through this. Tried many. Narrowed down to 4. A taylormade, a Nike concept, a Scotty Cameron Newport and a then I read hear that entire categories of putters we're just Anser clones and the Cleveland Classics were among the best.

I consistently made the most putts with the Cameron and a Cleveland Classic 7. Try as I did to choose the Cameron, I just kept liking the Cleveland 7. Was it possible to prefer one of the least expensive putters? That never happens with anything. But I did and frequent visits to the putting green convinced me to get over prejudices and buy the thing.

That's just a story for laughs. What i like is irrelevant.

Get fitted and try many. Buy what you like. Ultimately putting is more in the head than any other shot. Confidence in your choice is what matters most and a fitting helps get you there.

OK I am going to go against my earlier advice lol. I take a pretty good arc with the putter but man the 2ball is just magical. It really is almost cheating. Try the Protype. It is softer than my Bettinardi with FIT face

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Must be forged

Back