WITB Winners 6-10-12

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Dustin Johnson
PGA Tour: FedEx St. Jude Classic
Driver: TaylorMade R11S (10.5 degree; Fujikura Motore F1 2.0 shaft)
Fairway Woods: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 4-wood (17.5 degree; Aldila RIP 90X shaft) and TaylorMade R9 5-wood (19 degree; Aldila RIP 90X shaft)
Irons (3-PW): TaylorMade Tour Preferred MB (True Temper Dynamic Gold X100 shafts)
Wedges: TaylorMade TP xFT (54 and 60 degree; KBS Back Nickel shafts)
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 prototype
Ball: TaylorMade Penta TP5

Lee Westwood
European Tour: Nordea Masters
Driver: Ping G10 (9 degree; Aldila XNV6 shaft)
Fairway Woods: Ping i15 3-wood (15.5 degree; UST ProForce V2 76x shaft) and Ping Rapture V2 5-wood (18 degree; Aldila NV 75x shaft)
Irons (3-PW): Ping i20
Wedges: Ping Tour W (54 and 58 degree)
Putter: Ping Nome 355
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Lee Williams
Nationwide Tour: Mexico Open
Driver: Adams Speedline Fast 12 LS (9.5 degree)
Fairway Wood: Adams Speedline Fast 12 3-wood (15 degree)
Hybrids: Adams Idea Super XTD (19 degree) and Adams idea Pro a12 (24 degree)
Irons: Adams Idea Pro a12
Wedges: Cleveland 588 Forged (54 and 58 degree)
Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I am very surprised to see DJ with a 10.5* driver.

I didn't know DJ was back with the xFT's. I remember him using 588's for pebble. Are any TM guys using the atv's? Thanks for posting the info Josh.

John Deere Tap'n

• Admin
I am very surprised to see DJ with a 10.5* driver.

There is a video on here with them building his driver that GG and I filmed at a tournament. He plays it right around 10* and can sometimes go up to 11*

• Admin
I didn't know DJ was back with the xFT's. I remember him using 588's for pebble. Are any TM guys using the atv's? Thanks for posting the info Josh.

John Deere Tap'n

Quite a few actually. Justin Rose is their new guy in them.

I think it's really interesting to see that DJ plays FW woods only 1.5* of difference. Wonder what kind of yardage distances he sees between the two.

There is a video on here with them building his driver that GG and I filmed at a tournament. He plays it right around 10* and can sometimes go up to 11*
I remember seeing that video now you mention it

DJ in a 10.5... Thats awesome. I missed the video, unfortunately, I will have to dig it up.

JB - are the shafts that these guys play (Westwood with the NV 75, for example) typically the same as what the general public can purchase?

JB - are the shafts that these guys play (Westwood with the NV 75, for example) typically the same as what the general public can purchase?

It depends on the manufacturer, but in many cases...yes. I know the Miyazaki shafts that we see out there are exactly the same for example.

It depends on the manufacturer, but in many cases...yes. I know the Miyazaki shafts that we see out there are exactly the same for example.

Yea, Miyazaki came to mind. I don't know why, but I always am a little surprised seeing shafts like the NV75 and the Pro Force on Tour. I know I shouldn't be since it all comes down to fitting, but I still am.

Love Westy still using a G10....screw new technology! hehe

Love Westy still using a G10....screw new technology! hehe
Yet he puts the Nome in to play and all of a sudden gets a W!

Quite a few actually. Justin Rose is their new guy in them.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll look out for them this weekend on the broadcast.

John Deere Tap'n

glad I'm not the only one that thought that it was weird DJ was using a 4 and 5 wood.

Two guys named Lee won. That's cool. And DJ with the 4 wood. Very cool.

Back