what part of your game are you working on?

Chipping from 25 yards in to the fringe. For the last 2 weeks I've only worked on this and it's beginning to pay dividends. In my last 4 rounds of golf I'm getting up and down in something in the 60% range. My putts have gone through the floor with the number of putts in my last 4 rounds of 13, 14, 15, and 11. And that's not due to my making any putts really longer than 5-7 feet. Mainly just leaving myself a lot of short putts.

Working on the driver nd chipping. Luckily I have a driver lesson today!

Short game non stop. Bunker play. Chipping. Putting. Been going to the range and spending an hour or 2 in the bunker and around the green 2-3 times a week for the past few weeks.

I usually work on everything during the week. Tuesday: short game, Wednesday: irons, Thursday: driver and fairway wood, Sunday: play 18.

Same here DevRickus. The beauty of it is that it doesn't cost anything either. Last Saturday I went to the chipping green area and spent 3 hours there. When I got home the kids were just rolling out of bed and my wife barely had noticed I was gone. It's a very peaceful thing to do for an hour after work as well, which is what I did last night since the wife is in California for work for the week. Plan to practice the wedges every night this week while she's gone. That's the crazy bachelor-type behavior I engage in when the cat's away.

Right now I'm working on making a shoulder driven pivot into a habit and bettering my putting stroke. Once that's done it's on to reading greens and chipping. After that I'll figure out what's losing me strokes and work on that. The shoulder driven thing is just a swing thought, I have no problem getting my hips through when I concentrate on my shoulders for some reason.

now that I have a decent short game, I am hooking irons adn tee balls real bad, going to lesson tonight to hopefully get back on the right track. Last time I had this issue, he said it was due to me bringing the club back too far inside

I just recently learned my swing has too much similarities to a baseball swing. So, I'm trying not to bring my hands through so quickly. It has really helped my iron play.

I am working on my focus during each shot. Recently I've started coming up with a pre shot routine and the results have been excellent. I am hitting a lot more GIR's and my putting is slowly starting to turn around.

Really think a couple more rounds of getting used to the routine and focusing and I could be playing better than I ever have.

I'm self employed and work from a home office so I've been going out half a dozen times during the day and chipping and pitching. I'll pick targets at varying distances and see if I can hit it with different clubs. Yesterday was a 56* wedge. Today it's a PW. Once in a while I'll hit at the flag in my field about 75 yards out just to loosen up a bit.

Short game and putting primarily. With a full time job and all the wedding hooplah it can be a challenge to find time though. I also owe my driver a range session for us to get better acquainted.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm working on my fairway %, and short game, Wedges bad, putting is far, Irons could be better, and I don't have a wood in the bag. New swing is helping me get stright and when I can do it without thinking about it I'm sure I'll get back my distance.

Sand game. Up until recently, I rarely if ever saw a bunker. I've been seeing a lot of them lately on some different courses and my is that an issue.

I need to take up Esox's agreement about bunkers/sand I think.

Right now I'm working on reconstructing my swing. Have had a couple very good lessons and hitting the ball very solid but I'm still having a hard time getting the swing thoughts from the range to the course. Hopefully it will come soon.

Putting. Irons have really been a strength lately. Driving a little inconsistent, but as long as I ease off the peddle it seems to be in play...

Just got a new Cleveland Classic #4. Hoping the milled face gets me more consistent contact that the white ice insert on my Odyssey #7. I love the alignment and control on putts under 10 feet with the Odyssey but I'm wildly inconsistent with distance control. I dont think I hit the ball with the sweet spot of the #7 often enough leaving a lot of 25 footer ten feet short... Then I'll blow one 15 feet past which clearly did hit the sweet spot. Too many 3 putts...

Limiting mistakes. Not trying to be a hero and make birdie everytime, but make a good shot and make sure I don't have anything worse than a bogey. Did this the last time I played and saved par several times.

My entire swing! Tadashi really opened my eyes to things I didn't know I was doing!

I've been really focusing on my shots from 100 yards and in this season and have seen some good results. Doing work around the green with my chipping, bump and run's etc have saved me a lot of strokes this year. Between this and limiting penalty shots I've seen my handicap drop dramaticly.

Mostly working on my chipping and putting.

I am struggling with approach shots and aiming. I feel like the ball moves up and down in my stance on every shot and end up talking myself out of my shots. Ugh

Tappin' dat pad on tapatalk

Mostly short game and putting. Biggest surprise at my return to the game is my difficulty reading greens. Putting stroke isn't bad considering, but am rarely on line.

That alone would reduce my score 10 strokes into the mid 80s if I figure it out.

Does anyone else use GolfShot and GolfPlan?

It tells me I am better than my handicap in everything, but, bunker play. The only issue there is I have only hit 5 bunkers in the last 3 months and 3 of those were fairway bunkers. The 2 green side bunkers I got up an d down.

The issue is GolfPlan gives me 4 weeks of drills for basic bunker play. Seems like a waste. So I continue to work on my game from 100 yards in.

Does anyone know how to override GP?

Tapatalking

I am struggling with approach shots and aiming. I feel like the ball moves up and down in my stance on every shot and end up talking myself out of my shots. Ugh

Tappin' dat pad on tapatalk

THIS, exactly...and I'm trying to work shots, which helped and hurt me today.

I'm working on the part where I get my game back to threatening par each round after my 5 year break from the game. So in short, all of it, and getting the consistency of everything back.

Working on

- consistency and distances with my irons.
- attacking the pin with my wedges and leaving myself shorter putts.

Back