Boccieri Forum Testing Review Thread

I agree dude, def worth noting in the review. If you testers dont have any problem with this I will post a pic of my 5 wood face from last years testing thats still in my bag. If not I totally understand.

No problem man. Add some thoughts and pics. It won't steal any of our thunder.

No problem man. Add some thoughts and pics. It won't steal any of our thunder.

I have plenty of thoughts in the other thread from last years testing but I just thought I would throw up a pic of the face of mine so the testers can see what it looks like after a lot of use and how consistent the back weighting really makes me swing. The middle of the face is actually starting to darken a bit as you can see in the pics. Great thoughts and info so far testers, keep it up!

boccieri5woodface.jpg

boccieri5woodface2.jpg

boccieri5woodface3.jpg

I wanted to post these pictures of my 3w's face. There seems to be a chip, or a scratch, or some kind of wear right in the middle. I don't think it will cause an issue, but it is there nonetheless.

Thank you for the feedback blugold.

The face of our fairway woods and hybrids are made of Carpenter Steel which is harder than the 17-4 Stainless Steel used by most manufacturers. We have tested thousands of impacts and the face remains in perfect condition as long as foreign substances stay off the ball. Having said that, we suspect that the scratching might be caused by sand particles stuck on the ball from moisture or from sand used to top dress grass on driving ranges for rapid growth. Hopefully that clears things up a bit and thanks again for the feedback... please keep them coming!

Thank you for the feedback blugold.

The face of our fairway woods and hybrids are made of Carpenter Steel which is harder than the 17-4 Stainless Steel used by most manufacturers. We have tested thousands of impacts and the face remains in perfect condition as long as foreign substances stay off the ball. Having said that, we suspect that the scratching might be caused by sand particles stuck on the ball from moisture or from sand used to top dress grass on driving ranges for rapid growth. Hopefully that clears things up a bit and thanks again for the feedback... please keep them coming!

Ahhh. That makes a ton of sense. The range at my home course uses sand as top dress on the course and range. Like I said, I'm not worried about it. Thank you for your response.

I just read through the thread and good stuff so far guys. I especially like Frank's un-boxing video.

How does the heavier club compare to what you were previously hitting? Are you more accurate with the Boccieri? Do you feel like you are getting more feedback at impact and hitting the ball more solidly?

I just read through the thread and good stuff so far guys. I especially like Frank's un-boxing video.

How does the heavier club compare to what you were previously hitting? Are you more accurate with the Boccieri? Do you feel like you are getting more feedback at impact and hitting the ball more solidly?

Hey Jeff thanks for chiming in. I will have more info as Thursday I am going to a full range session with just the club but here is what I can say now:

The weight is definitely noticeable compared to my current hybrids, but nothing that would make you say "holy cow!" if you were to pick it up.

As far as accuracy goes, off the deck I would say this club is more accurate than what I am used to. I have only hit one off a tee so far, and it mimicked my slice issues I was battling that day. (More thoughts on this later this week.) one other thing about accuracy, my miss hits seem to be minimized with this club more than others, which is a huge plus to a higher handicap player such as myself.

As far as feedback at impact and hitting the ball more solidly... Yes and yes. Like I have said before and others have too, this club seems to promote solid contact. It feels so easy to make solid contact. I have all the confidence when I hit this club.

Hey Jeff thanks for chiming in. I will have more info as Thursday I am going to a full range session with just the club but here is what I can say now:

The weight is definitely noticeable compared to my current hybrids, but nothing that would make you say "holy cow!" if you were to pick it up.

As far as accuracy goes, off the deck I would say this club is more accurate than what I am used to. I have only hit one off a tee so far, and it mimicked my slice issues I was battling that day. (More thoughts on this later this week.) one other thing about accuracy, my miss hits seem to be minimized with this club more than others, which is a huge plus to a higher handicap player such as myself.

As far as feedback at impact and hitting the ball more solidly... Yes and yes. Like I have said before and others have too, this club seems to promote solid contact. It feels so easy to make solid contact. I have all the confidence when I hit this club.

Thanks for the response. I can see how having extra weight can help keep the club on track or on plain, whatever you want to call it. I'm looking forward to what you've got to say on Thursday. I've never had a heavy FW, hybrid, or driver but I have always liked the feel of irons with heavier swing weight.

Thanks for the response. I can see how having extra weight can help keep the club on track or on plain, whatever you want to call it. I'm looking forward to what you've got to say on Thursday. I've never had a heavy FW, hybrid, or driver but I have always liked the feel of irons with heavier swing weight.

A few of the other testers, myself included, have shown great interest in other Boccieri heavy products. I would love to get my hands on the heavy irons. There was a post (which I am sure you saw) of a THPer using some heavy irons for a day and enjoying them. They just seem to "work."

Yeah, I saw that. That says a lot about their products and the fact you are wanting to try their irons. I'm glad to see some of the none uber popular brands getting some love on here.

Great job Frank. Looking forward to hearing more.

Here's the crazy part, the club weight maybe substantially higher with the Boccieri products but the swing weights are significantly lighter than a lot of the competitive offerings. I had the swing weight of my 3wood measured today. The swing weight was a C9. Which is really darn light. It is amazing how little I feel the club's weight when I swing.

Here's the crazy part, the club weight maybe substantially higher with the Boccieri products but the swing weights are significantly lighter than a lot of the competitive offerings. I had the swing weight of my 3wood measured today. The swing weight was a C9. Which is really darn light. It is amazing how little I feel the club's weight when I swing.

Interesting. I would have thought the swing weight would be higher than that. Maybe they did that so it doesn't feel heavy?

Interesting. I would have thought the swing weight would be higher than that. Maybe they did that so it doesn't feel heavy?

The low swing weight comes from the backweighting in the grip end. It does help counter the weight in the head. As a comparison, the RBZ Fairway wood has a swing weight of D4.

This ^^. I knew I forgot to add something.

Great job Frank. Looking forward to hearing more.

Thanks guys. I got rained out today but should have an updated range session up tomorrow evening. I have been taking some swings in the yard with it, just so I wouldn't get rusty.

I brought my Heavy Wood into the Dick's in Green Bay. I put some swings in the simulator, just to get some rough numbers. I take those numbers with a grain of salt, but they are pretty close to what I have seen on the course.

2012-06-12101326.jpg

2012-06-12101336.jpg

The tech at Dick's was impressed with the Heavy Wood. He said that the one thing that really stood out was the understated graphics and design of the club. As he said, "You can tell that it's a good club and who makes it. They don't have to paint "RBZ" all over the darn thing."

The low swing weight comes from the backweighting in the grip end. It does help counter the weight in the head. As a comparison, the RBZ Fairway wood has a swing weight of D4.

Backweighting is an interesting concept. I just did a quick search about it, and apparently Nicklaus was a big proponent of it.

Backweighting is an interesting concept. I just did a quick search about it, and apparently Nicklaus was a big proponent of it.

Ping is doing something similar to it with the G20 driver. It is not a new idea. It's just not the hot trend right now. But the science makes sense and the results are there.

Cool to see that consistency 10yard! I am a big fan of the back-weighting in woods.

Ping is doing something similar to it with the G20 driver. It is not a new idea. It's just not the hot trend right now. But the science makes sense and the results are there.

They moved the balance point up but they really didn't do it much. I think that its going to start catching on more soon.

For me it seems to live up to the claims on the website.

The tech at Dick's was impressed with the Heavy Wood. He said that the one thing that really stood out was the understated graphics and design of the club. As he said, "You can tell that's a good club and who makes it. They don't have to paint "RBZ" all over the darn club."

Unfortunately how many RBZ clubs have been sold this year vs. Boccieris. TM is a machine.

Thought I would throw this up from the website.

ScreenShot2012-06-12at44621PM.png

ScreenShot2012-06-12at44635PM.png

ScreenShot2012-06-12at44646PM.png

Unfortunately how many RBZ clubs have been sold this year vs. Boccieris. TM is a machine.

That doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the clubs though.

Played out in driving rain today with buckjob and while conditions were awful I'd easily say the Boccieri hybrid was my most consistent club all day. One shot that stood out. After a short drive over water I still had 185 according to buckjobs iPhone app. This was from the cart path and I was clear over on the other side of the fairway and back a little. Hit the heavy hybrid to the middle of the green. Looks like the distance is right in that 185-195 area. Anyway I'll have a formal write up later.

Last edited:
That doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the clubs though.

I agree with you 100% and I would venture to say durability wise the Boccieri may have it beat 10 fold. Unfortunately they aren't able to plaster every store in america with a 1000 clubs. The lack of availability to try it out will limit it to a select group of die hards like the members of THP who are willing to get outside the box a little bit. Same thing goes for Scor wedges.

From my limited experience with the club so far I can't fully comment but this may truly be game improvement technology that they are putting out there. Thats why I would like to try out some of the irons and everything else they make.

Those are good numbers and the dispersion looks good as well. Do you know how the ball speed compares to what you were playing previously?

Back