They remind me of a Tour Velvet, though not quite as ample, if that makes sense.

They remind me of a Tour Velvet, though not quite as ample, if that makes sense.

tour velvetish but not as harsh IMO.

Awesome. Thanks guys

Nice looking grip for sure.
But I'm really find of my Decade MC.
My buddy that's been doing most of my club work put my current set of Decade MCs on with an aircompressor and a tool similar to that gun. He did say that the Decades went on a lot 'tougher' than other grips, and doing it his way he can't use extra wraps tape to bulk them up. Fine with me - I find the midsize with only one wrap to be pefect anyway.

Nice looking grip for sure.
But I'm really find of my Decade MC.
My buddy that's been doing most of my club work put my current set of Decade MCs on with an aircompressor and a tool similar to that gun. He did say that the Decades went on a lot 'tougher' than other grips, and doing it his way he can't use extra wraps tape to bulk them up. Fine with me - I find the midsize with only one wrap to be pefect anyway.

I've done some with Decade MC's with extra tape with no problem with the air gun.

Yeah. There was no tape at all and it was done with no air. The only tools I had were a boxcutter and my hands.

Yeah. There was no tape at all and it was done with no air. The only tools I had were a boxcutter and my hands.

did you use a vice or anything to hold the club while regripping? I know WE does it with soap and water and I've never tried that.

did you use a vice or anything to hold the club while regripping? I know WE does it with soap and water and I've never tried that.

No. I just used soap an water and did it myself. Probably would have been much easier if I had a vice lol.

I gave him a tip that I use, and it works well; Fold a towel over a few times and place it in the corner of the room where the floor meets the wall. It gives you a good position to hold the club without it moving all over the place.

D, those turned out well. I remember the first regrip I did by hand, and the first one took me about 30 minutes. By the end of my irons, I was doing them in about a minute. I regripped my J40 DPCs a few weeks back with the MC Whiteouts by hand, using grip solvent and tape and I was able to fly through those pretty quick.

Thanks War. It got really quick for me towards the end too. For the last two it took me just under 10 minutes to go from the club with the old grip on to having the new grip on. That includes cutting the old one off and removing tape and whatnot. I think I'm going to buy some solvent for the next time I do this. You can use solvent and no tape right? The solvent should just dry up.

Thanks War. It got really quick for me towards the end too. For the last two it took me just under 10 minutes to go from the club with the old grip on to having the new grip on. That includes cutting the old one off and removing tape and whatnot. I think I'm going to buy some solvent for the next time I do this. You can use solvent and no tape right? The solvent should just dry up.
I use solvent w/o tape, hasn't cause me any issues yet.

I got a set of these grips when i won the Facebook contest, First off I had the Golf Pride Tour Wraps 2 and they were a good grip but they don't even compare to my new Pure Grips P2's. These grips are so nice when you hit the ball i feel they took away 30% of any "shock" i had pervious. There just so smooth and they have a really good tackyness to them to and just feel great. I think i'm a pure grips staffer for the rest of my life..

On a BAD NOTE 4 of my grips lettering pealed right off and i'm not very happy about that. I don't know if anyone eles has any of these problems but it happened only after 1 round. So that would be the only reason i might not go back to them.

For those that have wondered about installing grips without having the Pure grip fun, here are some videos Tadashi made while he was reshafting my irons for me;
Tape install;

Grip Install;

That's good stuff guys! My only question is if I want my grip built up two wraps, is that literally two wraps of tape?

Tad you made that look so easy...I might have to start re-gripping my own clubs now.

Tad you made that look so easy...I might have to start re-gripping my own clubs now.
It really is incredibly easy to do.

Indeed it is, and majorly money saving.

Awesome vids though from Freddie, very cool.
So very easy, especially with a compressor, which allows you to save grips.

It really is incredibly easy to do.

Yeah, damn. I'm gonna need to start doing this myself...

Just tap it in, just tap it in. Give it a little tap tap tappy. Tap tap tap-a-roo.

Freddie made that look much easier than it was for me lol. I'm guessing mineral spirits = solvent of some sort? Because that seems easy.

Freddie made that look much easier than it was for me lol. I'm guessing mineral spirits = solvent of some sort? Because that seems easy.

Using grip solvent or mineral spirits makes it much, much easier.

It certainly looks easy enough as a DIY project.

I wonder if there are any threads about good grips around here. :)

Ken

Back