Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously can't get these Amp irons out of my mind. It's eating away at me!! I want to try the Amp Forged so bad now.

I'm going back to Dick's tomorrow. Need to try more irons. Need to hit the Amp's again. Need to hit the Amp Forged. I forgot to see if they had the Ci11's. Tomorrow. They get to go head-to-head with the Amp's.

So, tomorrow's line-up..

Amp's v. Amp Forged v. Ci11's. Hmmm.

I think I'm going to end up getting Amp'd.

I seriously can't get these Amp irons out of my mind. It's eating away at me!! I want to try the Amp Forged so bad now.

I'm going back to Dick's tomorrow. Need to try more irons. Need to hit the Amp's again. Need to hit the Amp Forged. I forgot to see if they had the Ci11's. Tomorrow. They get to go head-to-head with the Amp's.

So, tomorrow's line-up..

I guess we're in the same boat. I've never hit the Amp's but they are #2 to try behind the Ci11's. Of course, I know I like the Ci11's and with the great reviews on here from everyone, I may just OEM them and the SCORs.

So, tomorrow's line-up..

I really liked the AMP forged. They were my second choice behind what I eventually went with. Coming stock KBS Tour is a huge plus.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

Guys I am getting the shakes.. I have been in buy mode last two weeks and everything I have been eyeballing, I have purchased.. I am not eyeballing anything right now and it just doesn't feel right..

Unless buckjob wants to hook a bro up on some shoes.. Word!!

I really liked the AMP forged. They were my second choice behind what I eventually went with. Coming stock KBS Tour is a huge plus.

Wandering the earth like Kane from Kung Fu, Tapatalking on an iPhone.

Jeff, did you hit the non-forged Amp's?

Im pondering what today brings!

The price point on J40 DPC irons is just so amazing. I want the 588s but the J40s are a close second and it's hard to ignore that price..

Pondering a RBZ 3 wood. Not sure if I should go with the stock RBZ stiff shaft or upgrade to the R11 60 gram shaft at no charge. I would definitely prefer a lower ball flight.

Jeff, did you hit the non-forged Amp's?

No, I didn't. I wish I had, just so I could offer thoughts compared to the forged line. I guess I was just tired of bulky looking irons, which could explain why I couldn't hit the RBZ 5 iron worth a piss and ended up sending it to Oregon Golfer. Not that the regular AMP's are overly bulky, but I was at my demo day to primarily see if I could step up to more of a game enhancement iron, so that is where most of my focus was at. As I have admitted, I am not the most consistent ball striker in the world, but there is enough forgiveness packed into the forged offering, that I think a big chunk of us here could pick them up and hit them well. Had I not got the deal on my Razr X forged that I did, they were next in line. The decision between the two was like splitting hairs.

PS - Sorry for the late reply.

Pondering a RBZ 3 wood. Not sure if I should go with the stock RBZ stiff shaft or upgrade to the R11 60 gram shaft at no charge. I would definitely prefer a lower ball flight.

The Blur or RIP Phenom? IMO the Blur last year was one of the worst stock shafts ever. RIP Phenom is amazing though.

The Blur or RIP Phenom? IMO the Blur last year was one of the worst stock shafts ever. RIP Phenom is amazing though.

Sorry, I meant the R11s shaft. So, yeah, the RIP Phenom. I have heard good things.

No, I didn't. I wish I had, just so I could offer thoughts compared to the forged line. I guess I was just tired of bulky looking irons, which could explain why I couldn't hit the RBZ 5 iron worth a piss and ended up sending it to Oregon Golfer. Not that the regular AMP's are overly bulky, but I was at my demo day to primarily see if I could step up to more of a game enhancement iron, so that is where most of my focus was at. As I have admitted, I am not the most consistent ball striker in the world, but there is enough forgiveness packed into the forged offering, that I think a big chunk of us here could pick them up and hit them well. Had I not got the deal on my Razr X forged that I did, they were next in line. The decision between the two was like splitting hairs.

PS - Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for the answer! Interesting stuff. I was actually impressed with how sleek the Amp's looked at address - they really aren't nearly as bulky as I expected. But, yeah, your thought process certainly make sense and it sounds like you found quite a winner.

May have to give the Razr X forged a swing today too. Hmmm.

RBZ 4 hybrid is now on ponder ... in Plano for the week so got to enjoy some time at the PGA superstore yesterday . man i loved hitting that club .

side note... rumor is they are building one in Katy ... i will be in heaven if so cause that store rocks !

RBZ 4 hybrid is now on ponder ... in Plano for the week so got to enjoy some time at the PGA superstore yesterday . man i loved hitting that club .

side note... rumor is they are building one in Katy ... i will be in heaven if so cause that store rocks !

I had dinner with some dudes from PGA SS while at the Bridgestone house in Augusta at the Masters. They were actually talking about Katy, TX. Interesting. There was another guy there that owned some big sporting goods store and he was based out of Katy. I can't remember the name of the store though.

Has anyone used the Winn dry tacs when they are sweaty? I played yesterday in the rain and I'm currently using them on my 6 iron and AW to test out. I might use them on my wedges or scoring irons. But they were so slick wet I'm scared now to put them on anything else. They felt like there was oil on them and I even was using 2 rain gloves all day yesterday. Just trying to get some more feedback on them in damp conditions or with sweat cause I do a lot.

I had dinner with some dudes from PGA SS while at the Bridgestone house in Augusta at the Masters. They were actually talking about Katy, TX. Interesting. There was another guy there that owned some big sporting goods store and he was based out of Katy. I can't remember the name of the store though.

I spent the first 4 years of my life in Katy.

Has anyone used the Winn dry tacs when they are sweaty? I played yesterday in the rain and I'm currently using them on my 6 iron and AW to test out. I might use them on my wedges or scoring irons. But they were so slick wet I'm scared now to put them on anything else. They felt like there was oil on them and I even was using 2 rain gloves all day yesterday. Just trying to get some more feedback on them in damp conditions or with sweat cause I do a lot.

I've never found a Winn grip that serves well in moist conditions. Plus they don't last long. Most underwhelming grips on the market IMO.

I've never found a Winn grip that serves well in moist conditions. Plus they don't last long. Most underwhelming grips on the market IMO.

Thanks for that. I received a club with the dri-tac and have only used it a few times but wanted to know how it would work overall and in moisture. This is good to know as well as service life

I was excited to try them out since everyone seems to love them. But honestly I'm not that impressed. I like the softness with my wedges for feel shots but Besides that I'm already seeing wear after 3 rounds and i couldn't believe how slick they got when wet. I mean it was raining but they were so slick I almost lost them during my follow through and didn't have any issues with my tour velvets. Might be time to try 2 iomics and switch them out if I like those.

I was excited to try them out since everyone seems to love them. But honestly I'm not that impressed. I like the softness with my wedges for feel shots but Besides that I'm already seeing wear after 3 rounds and i couldn't believe how slick they got when wet. I mean it was raining but they were so slick I almost lost them during my follow through and didn't have any issues with my tour velvets. Might be time to try 2 iomics and switch them out if I like those.

I've tried slews of grips and just keep going back to Tour Velvets. It's annoying b/c they aren't cool or sexy.

That's interesting buddy....granted you were in wet conditions all day where your grips didn't have a chance to dry very well. I'll have to see how mine do in humid/sweaty conditions. Do you think these would be better for you on say a driver or something that you may only pull a handfull of times vs. irons that require more usage?

Easy solution is we dont play in rain anymore and keep using the Dritacs.

That's interesting buddy....granted you were in wet conditions all day where your grips didn't have a chance to dry very well. I'll have to see how mine do in humid/sweaty conditions. Do you think these would be better for you on say a driver or something that you may only pull a handfull of times vs. irons that require more usage?

I have one on my driver right now. It's been on there for about 5 weeks. I don't think the wear is all that bad. I thought the grip worked well down at the outing, but then again that was only on 1 club.

Easy solution is we dont play in rain anymore and keep using the Dritacs.

^^^this man is wise

It's kind of not fair to judge the durability of a grip based on it being on a driver IMO. You might hit that 4-6 times per round. Slap them on some wedges or scoring irons and tell me if they're durable? I've never found a Winn grip that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back