2012 US Open Contest & Official Thread [Spoilers]

I say lengthen it. Graduated rough would also make them a little more likely to pull driver IMO. Put more hazards in the areas that these dudes mash their 3W

I think graduated rough is better than making it longer, its harder for a course to get longer than it is to adjust the deck on a mower. Problem with hazards where some of these guys hit 3w is that some guys are barely getting driver there. Is it Erin Hills in '14 that will be like 8k? I mean doesn't that almost take out half the field before play even starts? Softest greens ever in an open to hold 4-5-6 irons into the greens ? 10 over wins? That could go down as the worst us open ever.

That was a really good interview with Mike Davis.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I think graduated rough is better than making it longer, its harder for a course to get longer than it is to adjust the deck on a mower. Problem with hazards where some of these guys hit 3w is that some guys are barely getting driver there. Is it Erin Hills in '14 that will be like 8k? I mean doesn't that almost take out half the field before play even starts? Softest greens ever in an open to hold 4-5-6 irons into the greens ? 10 over wins? That could go down as the worst us open ever.

I see what you mean. It's difficult to set up to make it fair to everyone. Too long and the shorter hitters are out unless they play flawlessly and putt out of their minds. I think no matter what, long hitters will at least have the advantage as long as they can putt well. Pretty sure 14 is Pinehurst

I appreciate the way the media is covering the Hossler story. On both ESPN and GC they've given it due respect but have addressed it with the understanding that he's not going to win the tournament (GC doesn't even think he'll end as low am). The last thing this kid needs is the undue pressure we like to pour on any young player who shows a flash of brilliance.

That was a really good interview with Mike Davis.

I get a little tired of the Arnie reverence during Bay Hill, but he's the most beloved player ever so I understand it.

I get a little tired of the Jack reverence during Memorial, but he's the greatest player ever so I understand it.

I get REALLY tired of the attention Mike Davis gets during the US Open - yeah we get it, the USGA Executive Director is a great groundskeeper. Woo hoo. Yay, grass. Let's talk some more about water!

Kudos to Davis for not TOTALLY f-ing up this tournament as has been done in the past.

I get a little tired of the Arnie reverence during Bay Hill, but he's the most beloved player ever so I understand it.

I get a little tired of the Jack reverence during Memorial, but he's the greatest player ever so I understand it.

I get REALLY tired of the attention Mike Davis gets during the US Open - yeah we get it, the USGA Executive Director is a great groundskeeper. Woo hoo. Yay, grass. Let's talk some more about water!

Kudos to Davis for not TOTALLY f-ing up this tournament as has been done in the past.

Ok you seem like a pleasant fella.

I woke up early to watch US Open coverage, and now no coverage. This sucks.

Oh well guess I'll watch motocross.

Didn't the US Open used to have wall to wall coverage? This kind of blows

I hearby make the rule, no more Opens on the west coast.

Hmm. Not sure I agree. I really like primetime golf

The network needs to re-think how they cover/split coverage of golf. It's nuts! Add the pacific coast time difference and you have no golf until 3 (central time) or 4 (east coast).

Why the GC can't show the early coverage then go to network for the afternoon starters is beyond me.

Spazzdog is intelligent

Thank you... I think ;)

lol this made me chuckle and I pretty much agree.

Probably been discussed and I skimmed, but why were they teeing off on 9 instead of 10?

You're crazy.

Probably been discussed and I skimmed, but why were they teeing off on 9 instead of 10?

I think it had something to do with the distance from the club house? Wtt does that even mean?

I think it had something to do with the distance from the club house? Wtt does that even mean?

The golf carts couldn't drive that far lol? It was bothering me for days and I felt stupid for asking. I guess I wasn't the only moron

This stupid 4 - 10 pm coverage is forcing me to watch European soccer. The West Coast blows.

lmao, Im pretty sure it had something to do with distance. Cant they just drive to it? I bet Bubba b*itched about it so they moved it to #9. What a baby! lol

This stupid 4 - 10 pm coverage is forcing me to watch European soccer. The West Coast blows.

Why did you cut your grass so stinkin early? This makes me consider playing golf tomorrow morning it comes on so late.

lmao, Im pretty sure it had something to do with distance. Cant they just drive to it? I bet Bubba b*itched about it so they moved it to #9. What a baby! lol

I bet it was Bubba's fault. Turd.

I wonder if Tmex gets to see Sergio's Modus shafts today?

Back