2012 US Open Contest & Official Thread [Spoilers]

Coverage on NBC today, ay?

JB, how do they dictate who carries what tournament?

Is it tournament by tournament? Similar to football conferences? The SEC has a contract with CBS so I think they get first choice to show a game then ESPN can pick it up if CBS doesn't. How does golf coverage work?

This stupid 4 - 10 pm coverage is forcing me to watch European soccer. The West Coast blows.
Soccer? Really? Again? You feeling alright big guy?

I think you are right. Mike Davis is a genius

Not serious, but 4 p.m. starting times sucks.

Ya I guess everything should be done only with the east coast in min.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

That works for me!

What is more important. Missing the beginning of something or the end? And think of the average golf audience and where they are located.
Plus, you are Canadian, you dont get a vote...hehe

Not everything, they can plan the specials on pot and peace and love for those west coast hippies. Everything else should be planned with the east coast in mind. But you are on the right track.

Who let this Canadian in our US Open thread anyway? Say hi to Mike Weir hehe

What is more important. Missing the beginning of something or the end? And think of the average golf audience and where they are located.
Plus, you are Canadian, you dont get a vote...hehe

10pm is pretty late but the good news is you can get the early bird special and be back to watch the back 9.

Is it tournament by tournament? Similar to football conferences? The SEC has a contract with CBS so I think they get first choice to show a game then ESPN can pick it up if CBS doesn't. How does golf coverage work?

Yep. All spelled out in tv contracts...

10pm is pretty late but the good news is you can get the early bird special and be back to watch the back 9.

As I said, you have to remember the golfing audience as a whole. What is more important, missing the first 4 holes or missing the last 3?

As I said, you have to remember the golfing audience as a whole. What is more important, missing the first 4 holes or missing the last 3?
LOL, I know man but it isn't a west coast thing as much as its a TV thing. They could have sent the groups off earlier and had the event finish sooner. The funny thing is that we never heard anyone saying this when the Open was at Pebble Beach.

Who let this Canadian in our US Open thread anyway? Say hi to Mike Weir hehe

hahahaha, this cracked me up.

Breezy, keep dissecting Heat games. :alien:

LOL, I know man but it isn't a west coast thing as much as its a TV thing. They could have sent the groups off earlier and had the event finish sooner. The funny thing is that we never heard anyone saying this when the Open was at Pebble Beach.

I wasn't here, or I would of.

While we are on the topic, all west coast sports teams should have to relocate to the midwest if not the east coast. I'm tired of staying up till midnight when the Rays go on west coast swings.

I wasn't here, or I would of.

While we are on the topic, all west coast sports teams should have to relocate to the midwest if not the east coast. I'm tired of staying up till midnight when the Rays go on west coast swings.
Or you should all move to the West Coast which is by far the best time zone for watching sports.

Or you should all move to the West Coast which is by far the best time zone for watching sports.

I'd move to the West Coast if Erin would. I love the PNW. Even Vancouver dude.

I'd move to the West Coast if Erin would. I love the PNW. Even Vancouver dude.
That would be awesome, after the great time I'm gonna show One-T when he's up here, I will have all the Calloway's up in the PNW.

I see what you mean. It's difficult to set up to make it fair to everyone. Too long and the shorter hitters are out unless they play flawlessly and putt out of their minds. I think no matter what, long hitters will at least have the advantage as long as they can putt well. Pretty sure 14 is Pinehurst

I'm going to chunkyresponse a chunkquote. Your right, Pinehurst in 14, Erin Hills is in 17.

Yeah I don't get this either. Sunrise is 5:08 today and sunset at 9:08. I think the network just doesn't have anything to show so they put the golf at night if they can.

Im gonna go hit some balls, get some lunch then come back and thp whilst watching this tournament. I miss you guys, I figure it'll help me move up in the official TMex rankings as well :).

Soren let me down this week lol.

My team is looking ok.

Charl, Lee, Dean 2.0 and ZJ ready to make a run today!

Hi Tmex. Is Dean 2.0 Ben Curtis?

Hey TMex you should go to the check in desk and introduce yourself dude. Welcome! haha

Back